Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    So lets get this straight.... Saturday night in Limerick...
    Trooms? Closed.
    Mollys? 20s
    Angel Lane? 21s
    Icon? I have standards.... :pac:

So here I am, 19 years of age and no niteclub to go to on a Saturday night?!
    Let's be honest, how much will you spend on a night out???
    Sorry; how much will you spend in a pub on a night out???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

Trooms is only closed for two weeks, infestation of rats. place needs to be cleaned, and i hope all stock re-bought

I have this from several reliable sources, tho mods if its not permitted to be mentioned for whatever reason i will edit my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Friend is in Stix right now. Not closed obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 angela83

how many work spaces lost?

Angela,
    http://www.spamming_boards_is_annoying.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

The_Dave wrote: »
    Let's be honest, how much will you spend on a night out???
    Sorry; how much will you spend in a pub on a night out???

I'll spend in pub and club, prob between 40 and 50 quid. Just coz im 19 dosn't mean I go crouching tiger hidden naggin :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'll spend in pub and club, prob between 40 and 50 quid. Just coz im 19 dosn't mean I go crouching tiger hidden naggin :rolleyes:
    I apologize, but I meant it as a generalisation of the age group of those that frequent said bars/clubs

I apologize, but I meant it as a generalisation of the age group of those that frequent said bars/clubs

Assumptions=Bad

=P

Assumptions=Bad

=P
    Says yer wan with the "standards":p

Only saying that cos I was d'Iconing it last night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Friend is in Stix right now. Not closed obviously.

Stop hanging around with squatters !!!

PS apologies if i was mistaken, but i pass Stix most days around the same time (mid-morning) and it was always open then suddenly..... it was closed around the same time that i pass.

Says yer wan with the "standards":p

Only saying that cos I was d'Iconing it last night:D

Trust me, the reasons I don't go to Icon aren't assumptions :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Terrymac

drove past the westward ho in mungret work being done inside heard its opening in 2 weeks

clohessys in raheen closed down last night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Terrymac wrote: »
    drove past the westward ho in mungret work being done inside heard its opening in 2 weeks

Hello Westward Ho owner!!:D

Ha ha if only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Terrymac wrote: »

Seen the "let by" sign on it all right...will be great to see it open again...mungret village was gone very dark when passing through

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Clohessys in Ballycummin has closed too! Last night was last night afaik

Mc Love wrote: »

That must be a sign of the times if thats closing,always thought it was busy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

bigpink wrote: »
    That must be a sign of the times if thats closing,always thought it was busy?
    +1 never thought it was doing that badly

can we get anyone else to confirm?

Heard a well known city pub is rumour to be closing also south circular road area of town

Always thought it was an odd shaped bar. If I had a chance of owning it - I would do a refurb and change the layout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Heard a well known city pub is rumour to be closing also south circular road area of town

You should know the deal with rumours by now. Either post something concrete and stand by it, or don't mention anything. Spreading doubts about a business helps no-one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Signs up down there saying closed till further notice sorry for any inconvenice caused
    that reminded I passed charity shop (is it Cancer Society?), the one beside Ger Storan's is closed til further notice because of water damage, can't remember what day I passed

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

Sera wrote: »
    that reminded I passed charity shop (is it Cancer Society?), the one beside Ger Storan's is closed til further notice because of water damage, can't remember what day I passed

yeah the cancer society was closed for a few days due to flood damage but has reopened again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Mc Love wrote: »

Drove past last night and noticed the doors were closed alright..
    Pity because I quite liked the 30 second walk to the pub :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Mags was on FB today and said thank you to all her patrons and staff - will miss that pub - especially as it was so close to home! Nice people in there too. Best of luck to them all.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000190997755

Wonder will it be re opened?

Wonder will it be re opened?

It depends. If there are debts owing on the license it would be better for the whole business to go into liquidation and then a new owner would be able to start from square one.

Unless business was gone bad.i know someone in the pub trade and he said its gone scary quiet

Unless business was gone bad.i know someone in the pub trade and he said its gone scary quiet

Yes and no. Those who have buried the heads in the sand and assume they need to "ride out the storm" are going to go down, slowly but they WILL go down. Those who have different products, try different ideas, use social media, have events 5/7 nights per week are doing fairly ok.

Try to survive with a bunch of aul fellas drinking Guinness and you're done for. Attract the social drinkers with the above and you should be ok.

Then again there are so many variables. I sell to pubs from Clare up to Sligo and over to Mullingar and everybody in between.

• Advertisement

Had many a good memory in there! Such a shame! Hopefully it will reopen under new name and new owners

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement