Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

On the Live95fm news was a spokesperson/worker from what is the Golden Vale place at Lansdowne said that it was closing with the loss of up to 50 jobs.

Once they update the news section of the Live95fm website I will be able to put up a link to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Your going to have to back that claim up with some proof im afraid..otherwise ill have to remove it. Rumours don't do well round these parts.

Rumours don't do well in ANY part, so feel free to remove it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Still House Bar on Thomas Street will be closing early next week, sad as it is Ken is taking over the Bitter End a few yards away :) renaming it Foxys and turning it into a larger version of the Still House. The place is being done up at the moment and wont be ready for 2 weeks but when its done we'll have a new proper decent sized sports bar.

Only bad thing I can see is he's getting rid of the smoking area and putting in a pool table. Other than that it sounds sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Still House Bar on Thomas Street will be closing early next week, sad as it is Ken is taking over the Bitter End a few yards away :) renaming it Foxys and turning it into a larger version of the Still House. The place is being done up at the moment and wont be ready for 2 weeks but when its done we'll have a new proper decent sized sports bar.

Only bad thing I can see is he's getting rid of the smoking area and putting in a pool table. Other than that it sounds sweet!

according to my knowledge i thought that smoking area wasnt allowed be used as one

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Jagle wrote: »
    according to my knowledge i thought that smoking area wasnt allowed be used as one

Ya your right, its a bit odd considering some of the other smoking areas in pubs in town. (wont name names in case certain types go sniffing around :))

• Advertisement

Ya your right, its a bit odd considering some of the other smoking areas in pubs in town. (wont name names in case certain types go sniffing around :))

only one i can think of similiar to it, yet allowed would be icons, possibly molly's upstairs, actually icons upstairs smoking area, jesus what a hellhole

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

A pool table:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Roadend wrote: »

It's like a snooker table but smaller.

Roadend wrote: »
    like a bath but shallower

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Jagle wrote: »
    only one i can think of similiar to it, yet allowed would be icons, possibly molly's upstairs, actually icons upstairs smoking area, jesus what a hellhole

There are a lot more of them too. Bitter end one would actually be more open than most in town.

Hopefully Foxys works out for Ken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Pubs pay the same for drink as an Off License however a Pub will actually pay less in the long term because they have a thing called LTA with their suppliers(mostly) and stand to sell more alcohol over 12 months than an Off License.

Not picking an argument here but thats not entirely true. I'm well aware of the practice of many(most) pubs buying their stock form supermarket off licences. Bottles of course, rather than kegs/spirits. Mainly Miller/Coors/Corona... I've heard that the supermarkets are selling it at retail for much less than what the distributors are for the trade.
    A disgrace really, but the problem doesn't lie with the publicans or supermarkets. It lies with the laws and regulations. Reduce the price of drink in pubs, and save the already struggling bar industry. People still need groceries so will still go to supermarkets!

(Now back to what I meant to post about)
    On a lighter note, although there were two pubs mentioned as closing down (The Bitter End and Still House), in reality only one is closing, as the other is moving. The staff at the Still House are safe in their jobs for the time being, and as the new premises is larger, perhaps there might be more jobs created. Not much comfort for the Bitter End's staff...

Not much comfort for the Bitter End's staff...

there shouldnt of been anyway, not with the owners track record

and what we need is also an over haul of the laws, extending drinking hours for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

That place was doomed before ever it opened its doors...

I think drastically reducing the prices in the pubs will get the people drinking at home till 12 to come in earlier and spend money, negating the need for later opening hours. Though I wouldn't complain if they opened later;)

That place was doomed before ever it opened its doors...

I think drastically reducing the prices in the pubs will get the people drinking at home till 12 to come in earlier and spend money, negating the need for later opening hours. Though I wouldn't complain if they opened later;)

indeed that place was.

I dunno, you cant change peoples habbits, most tourists are un used to our early opening/closing hours, spoke in debth with 2 groups of tourists recently who couldnt believe that they were unable to get a pint passed 12

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Your going to have to back that claim up with some proof im afraid..otherwise ill have to remove it. Rumours don't do well round these parts.

Looks like Liammur was on the ball with EcoWarm closing...

http://www.vision-net.ie/barometerRWMeetingsByWeek.jsp?t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭manna452121

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

I think Nevaeh on William Street is gone. It's been shut for the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

We've a buggy paid in full e800 for my sister who is due in 4 weeks. We've made some calls and apparantly there's a death in the family, however I'm very reluctant to believe it. I'm crying here because we won't have the money to replace it. And we don't want to tell my sister as she's having a rough few weeks with the pregnancy. Any suggestions? Oh we paid in cash because we were saving every week

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

smilerxxx wrote: »
    We've a buggy paid in full e800 for my sister who is due in 4 weeks. We've made some calls and apparantly there's a death in the family, however I'm very reluctant to believe it. I'm crying here because we won't have the money to replace it. And we don't want to tell my sister as she's having a rough few weeks with the pregnancy. Any suggestions? Oh we paid in cash because we were saving every week

The Consumer Issues forum is probably the best place to ask about that. Best of luck getting everything sorted out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I see the Fine Food Fair Kiosk on o'connell st. (opposite Supermacs) closed this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Open a business for a change ;)
    Please like http://is.gd/g7MfGj then type "@Mike Mcloughlin" it would be life changing for me! Help me start a new career

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

zuroph wrote: »
    Please like http://is.gd/g7MfGj then type "@Mike Mcloughlin" it would be life changing for me! Help me start a new career

done, can you hypnotise me to have an excellent memory now? :)
    (Does that work?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

smilerxxx wrote: »

Smiler PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

This is great and all that...but its in two threads in this forum already...one more and it wont be in any :p

This is great and all that...but its in two threads in this forum already...one more and it wont be in any :p

When I click my fingers, you'll forget all about this... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Way-Hay...... Mod fight......and it's in the Limerick City thread.

Just leave it drifter, he's not worth it.....etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

When I click my fingers, you'll forget all about this... :pac:

forget about what? :p

now back on topic peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

forget about what? :p

now back on topic peeps

But..but...but I want to put up a youtube vid with the song Drifter in it. It's your fault because everytime I see you post I end up humming the song or popping it on itunes to play.

Speaking of hypnosis...

just kidding Drifter...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 A1Nutboy

Hi everyone,

I am related to the owner of Babyworld. There have been many reports that the shop is closed.

I would just like to take the oppertunity to assure anyone reading this that the shop is open and will remain open.

Things have been tough recently, as for many businesses, and the owner has not been well (no death in the family thankfully) and not handled it well however I honestly believe things are under control and I can categorically assure people that the shop is not closing in the forseeable future.

I do use the phrase forseeable furure beacause in the current climate are there any many businesses that can definatly say they will still be in business in a years time?

The shop WAS closed a few days during the previous week but that was mainly because an important staff member was on holiday, a family wedding, that she had booked months ago and could not not go.

Thanks for your understanding.

Just FYI the shop was open all day today and will be from now on.

Just want to say also I will not be fielding "enquiries"! I dont actually work there so I know nothing about the exact details of someones order. Cheers, Nutboy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement