Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

constantg wrote: »
    Golf Experience on Henry Street is gone as well......

J&J was a horrible place to work according to my cuz who was there for a few months. Also costs of clothing must be factored in. I'm unemployed and could rarely afford any of their wares. Retailing like that in a city as poor as this....?

J & J are not unusually expensive stores. I don't like their range of clothing myself but that type of clothing (in terms of quality and pricing) sells well. Following your line of logic there with regards to pricing, then we had better get rid of Connollys, Brown Thomas, Timberland, and pretty much the majority of the clothes shops in Limerick and replace them with Euro Store and more Pennys/Dunnes.

Lots of companies are not that nice to work for, but Limerick city has long gone past the point where it can afford more closures. As already said, I am no fan of J&J but I would much rather have them in a unit in the city centre and doing good business than the city getting another empty unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ausmarius

how could i contact the owner of babyworld shop? as i need it badly to get in touch with that nice guy ...thank u

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ausmarius wrote: »
    how could i contact the owner of babyworld shop? as i need it badly to get in touch with that nice guy ...thank u

Contact A1Nutboy - Send him a Private Message

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=453102

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Contact A1Nutboy - Send him a Private Message

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=453102

A1nutboy was the nice guy believe, he was family friend or something, put someone who didn't get a buggy in touch with the family?
    Well done again btw!

could u tell me the contact number of BabyWorld (Mike is his name i think) owner please :*:*:*
    as i need it badly thank you :
    .... our buggy got broken at the Xray at the airport in Dublin, i lost the receipt which we have to send back to insurance company so we get a refund to buy a new buggy as the one they broke costed us over 700euro....but i lost my original one and want a copy from Babyworld shop....the owner was a nice guy and we were regular customers.my phone number <snip> thank u very much

• Advertisement

u are really very nice - thank u...i've tried,but i have only 3posts,only a new member,need to have 25 posts then i can send him a msg :( i will post the same msg 22times and i will get there as i need it so badly :(( thank u guys for ur help !!!!!!!! :*:*:*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

dont spam the forum!! I'll pm him for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

PM sent.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

could u tell me the contact number please :*
    .... our buggy got broken at the airport of Dublin, i lost the receipt which we have to send back to insurance company so we get a refund....but i lost my original one and want a copy from Babyworld shop....the owner was a nice guy and we were regular customers.my phone number <snip> thank u very much

Ausmarius,

I've removed your mobile number from your post. Putting one's personal contact details up on a publicly viewable forum is rarely a good idea.

Please don't spam the forum with the same message over and again, and don't re-edit a post if a Moderator has changed part of it.

Thanks to Zuroph for offering to help get you in touch with A1Nutboy. Best of luck with the buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

could u tell me the contact number of BabyWorld (Mike is his name i think) owner please :*:*:*
    .... our buggy got broken at the Xray at the airport in Dublin, i lost the receipt which we have to send back to insurance company so we get a refund to buy a new buggy as the one they broke costed us over 700euro....but i lost my original one and want a copy from Babyworld shop....the owner was a nice guy and we were regular customers.my phone number <snip> thank u very much

Kinda off topic, but what kinda buggy costs over €700?

• Advertisement

Kinda off topic, but what kinda buggy costs over €700?

I bought a Toaster today for €56 and was very quickly asked "what kind of toaster costs €56. The answer is invariably "a very good and reliable one".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,224 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I bought a Toaster today for €56 and was very quickly asked "what kind of toaster costs €56. The answer is invariably "a very good and reliable expensive one".

FYP. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,450 ✭✭✭✭cson

I bought a Toaster today for €56 and was very quickly asked "what kind of toaster costs €56. The answer is invariably "a very good and reliable one".

:eek:

Can you toast a steak in it or what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

cson wrote: »

Post of the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

You can afford steak :) . You must ahave a fancy government job:D

No, but four slices of toast at the same time. I can defrost a bagel as well. Must buy some bagels. :D
    You can afford steak :) . You must have a fancy government job:D

All I could afford last week was roundsteak which was not nice. Wish I had a cushy government job. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 A1Nutboy

"how could i contact the owner of babyworld shop? as i need it badly to get in touch with that nice guy ...thank u"

Have phoned the number, no answer but presumably they will reply at some stage. Will keep on this and if anyone has other questions/queries relating to Babyworld you are welcome to contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

bazz26 wrote: »
    FYP. :p

€56? Can i have some of the money you're clearly throwing away :D:D:D

€56? Can i have some of the money you're clearly throwing away :D:D:D

Ah well in the case of this thread I am keeping local business's open. (proper local ones as well). "Toasters for everybody" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

Has this turned into the Babyworld forum or something?

I get a notification every now and again and get very curious wondering which fine establishment has closed its doors for the last time in the city, only to discover its someone talking about a buggy.

And yes, I know I can unsubscribe to the thread, but still.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 A1Nutboy

BESman wrote: »
    Has this turned into the Babyworld forum or something?

I get a notification every now and again and get very curious wondering which fine establishment has closed its doors for the last time in the city, only to discover its someone talking about a buggy.

And yes, I know I can unsubscribe to the thread, but still.....

Yes this is now the Babyworld thread and I am gonna start charging you for viewing it!

Just trying to look after legitimate ex-customers. Seeing as we had a family run business for 70 years none of us want a bad name around Limerick. Never know we may be able to restart in the future too.

But that will be in the Limerick Businesses Re-opening thread.... If/when one exists :)

The Limerick Business Opening thread is here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74542928#post74542928

It would be nice to see you posting in here. Give it some competition to that new place on the Ballysimon Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

A1Nutboy wrote: »
    Yes this is now the Babyworld thread and I am gonna start charging you for viewing it!

Just trying to look after legitimate ex-customers. Seeing as we had a family run business for 70 years none of us want a bad name around Limerick. Never know we may be able to restart in the future too.

But that will be in the Limerick Businesses Re-opening thread.... If/when one exists :)

Well fair play to ye for actually looking after customers even following closure of the business.

I work occasionally in insolvency myself and know from experience that most business owners' interest in the customer ceases with closure of the business so its nice to see someone bucking the trend in this regard.

Best of luck in the future, hope ye can reopen at some stage. Recessions don't stop babies being made! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Knights and Blades Barbershops closing:

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/notices/11-10-05/Knights_Barbershop_Limited.aspx

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/notices/11-10-05/Blades_Barbershop_Limited.aspx

A bit surprised by these but I suppose like everything else in Limerick there are probably too many barbershops :(

Saw a thing in the post where the guy from Blades has set up by Whittys Mace in Caherdavin. It was obviously of no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Hey ive removed this ABEasy as the business is not yet closed and hopefully wont and id rather not have employees reading anything about it on here and/or rumours starting

Thanks

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone hear anything about the Corner Flag pub? Heard it had closed but havent passed it myself recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Mr Binman isn't looking too good this morning either. Have a look here.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/interim_examiner_is_appointed_to_mr_binman_1_3144618

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

Yes its a lot of jobs that could go in the area and then all the customers who would have paid in full for year ahead etc.
    Hopefully they can sort something out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

LB6 wrote: »
    Mr Binman isn't looking too good this morning either. Have a look here.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/interim_examiner_is_appointed_to_mr_binman_1_3144618

I got my bill from them yesterday which is Due Nov.
    Makes me think should I hold off paying it for a while :eek:

~B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement