Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

bullets wrote: »
    I got my bill from them yesterday which is Due Nov.
    Makes me think should I hold off paying it for a while :eek:

~B

It could go the same way as quinn insurance, i renewed with them recently. Or you could loose the money if it goes under. Its a very tough call but I am sure it will be made clearer in the coming days. Their website says business as usual. There are probably loads of people in the same position as you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

~B

Hi B - If I were you I'd hold off on their bill. Have a look at South-West Bins, €130-€160 for 6 months. They collect each bin every 2nd week (Fri) up our way, and the kitchen waste bin of a Wed on Recycle bin week.

LB6

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

LB6 wrote: »
    Hi B - If I were you I'd hold off on their bill. Have a look at South-West Bins, €130-€160 for 6 months. They collect each bin every 2nd week (Fri) up our way, and the kitchen waste bin of a Wed on Recycle bin week.

LB6

AES are €21.60 or so by Direct Debit each month. Blue bin one week and brown bin the other week.

Although folks, I wouldn't be encouraging people to with-hold payments from a company whom are currently, at least, providing a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

LB6 wrote: »

LB6

Yeah must check them out. I've moved from Mr. Binman to other companies I think twice already and the businesses I moved to went bust and Mr. Binman took over their customers. Paying 200Euro per 6months with Mr. Binman. Although I like the idea of a weekly collection rather than every two weeks as get lots of dog hair and kitty litter in our bin having the Mrs grooming the odd dog here and there from home so it tends to fill up quick and sometimes we get lazy and fire everything into one bin instead of separating the recyclable stuff. (when I say we I mean cough cough her)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭betonit

~B

pay it when its due

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Although folks, I wouldn't be encouraging people to with hold payments from a company whom are currently, at least, providing a service.

+1

The company has had an examiner appointed, not a liquidator. Many companies who go into examinership come out the other side. Presently the company is still trading so if you want your bins collected I would recommend paying your bill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Although folks, I wouldn't be encouraging people to with hold payments from a company whom are currently, at least, providing a service.

+1

The company has had an examiner appointed, not a liquidator. Many companies who go into examinership come out the other side. Presently the company is still trading so if you want your bins collected I would recommend paying your bill :)

This is terrible advise! The purpose of examinership is to restructure the companies debts/creditors to enable them to continue to trade. This general process involves the companies creditors taking a write down on their debt (x cent in the euro). If you prepay your bill you become an unsecured creditor and if the companies debts are restructured you are likely to lose a portion of the amount prepaid. If you wish to continue with Mr Binman I would suggest paying by direct debit, that way you are only prepaying a month in advance rather than 6 or 12 months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hang on - it's not a major bill - YET - you only have to pay any over weight charges that are on the bill that you will get in Nov/Dec, that's if you decide to finish up with the company. The €200 odd for basic charges that you see on the bill are for the coming 6 months Jan-June. Normally the overweight charges are minimal for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They have lost a lot of their customers in my neighbourhood, most if not all have gone to Clean Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

mr Binman says they have a major investor on board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

tipptom wrote: »

Rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭BobMc

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Rubbish
    true any investor now is going to consider a buyout from the examiner rather than invest, I'm gone from Binman near on two years, he never paid his bills to me so I wasnt going to continue paying him my hard earned cash for his service, not surprised at all he's in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

ABEasy wrote: »
    This is terrible advise! The purpose of examinership is to restructure the companies debts/creditors to enable them to continue to trade. This general process involves the companies creditors taking a write down on their debt (x cent in the euro). If you prepay your bill you become an unsecured creditor and if the companies debts are restructured you are likely to lose a portion of the amount prepaid. If you wish to continue with Mr Binman I would suggest paying by direct debit, that way you are only prepaying a month in advance rather than 6 or 12 months in advance.

Are you for real?
    Are you telling me if a customer prepays their bill as to avail of continued service they become an unsecured creditor and the monies prepaid are subject to be lost if the company continues trading as part of the restructure? I've never heard anything so outrageous in my life.

I agree the debts are restuctured for creditors but isn't the customer a debtor?
    So, in that instance if you were to take all the monies prepaid by your debtors and tell them they have 'lost' a portion of the money they have paid to you because of 'restructuring the companys debts', would you not then lose them as a customer which would enivitably result in the closure of the company which would then contradict the survival strategy appointed by the examiner in the first place? Seriously, are you for real?

The customer should continue to pay their bill, agreeably monthly in advance as opposed to 6 monthly or yearly.

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    ABEasy wrote: »

Are you for real?
    Are you telling me if a customer prepays their bill as to avail of continued service they become an unsecured creditor and the monies prepaid are subject to be lost if the company continues trading as part of the restructure? I've never heard anything so outrageous in my life.

I agree the debts are restuctured for creditors but isn't the customer a debtor?
    So, in that instance if you were to take all the monies prepaid by your debtors and tell them they have 'lost' a portion of the money they have paid to you because of 'restructuring the companys debts', would you not then lose them as a customer which would enivitably result in the closure of the company which would then contradict the survival strategy appointed by the examiner in the first place? Seriously, are you for real?

The customer should continue to pay their bill, agreeably monthly in advance as opposed to 6 monthly or yearly.

Yes I am for real and I know what I'm talking about, unlike yourself. A prepaying customer is a creditor not a debtor. This is on the basis that the supplier owes you a service which has a monetary value , i.e. the supplier owes you the amount you prepaid until the service has been provided.

Your point about the loss of goodwill should they burn their customers is a valid point but in a examinership the write down of creditors is done by category or class, in this instance the customers will be classed as unsecured creditors and be treated as a group including other suppliers. To think that they won't burn unsecured creditors is very naive. You also assume that the examinership will be successful for them to have customers at the other side, ultimately it will depend on the stance of the secured creditors but if they haven't reached agreement after months of negotiating, odds are they won't now.

Finally I don't know why you are attacking my post, I was in essence advising people to pay monthly in advance rather than yearly or bi yearly which you seem to agree with!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

hearing rumours about another nightclub :(

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about the Corner Flag pub? Heard it had closed but havent passed it myself recently.

Passed it myself a few days ago and didn't notice anything too dull about it, then again with the smoking area out the back you wouldn't really notice too much anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

]people! rumours! rumours! i heard a rumour that there will be no more rumours in this thread. God i hope its true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

tipptom wrote: »

That rumour is a pile of thrash.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Try post 1092. Too late but good attempt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Also, the word is "trash".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

No! THIS is a pile of thrash:

]people! rumours! rumours! i heard a rumour that there will be no more rumours in this thread. God i hope its true!

I heard a rumour the limerick city forum is about to go to the wall, mods spent the budget on hookers & coke. Trying to merge with the county forum now so they can spend their budget aswell....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Are they both closed down can anyone confirm?

Closed about two weeks ago ago. Went into receivership.

Both of them?Christ thought they were flying it for the last 5 or 6 years

ah jesus, sad to hear this now, i worked with one of the sons in dell for years, cocky little sob, lol, but a really hard worker and a genuinely nice person, was delighted for him when i heard he was starting a new venture, and as bigpink said- i thought they were doing great, the chips were the best i'd tasted in limerick! :(

was thinking of ordering a takeaway today, guess ill have to look elsewhere:confused:

zuroph wrote: »
    hearing rumours about another nightclub :(

Angel lane,Icon,Sin Bin,Costelloes,Bentleys,Mollys?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bigpink wrote: »
    Angel lane,Icon,Sin Bin,Costelloes,Bentleys,Mollys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Topshop in the crescent. Limerick has become a fashion wasteland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

bigpink wrote: »

slatterys chipper?

Are they both closed down can anyone confirm?

Closed about two weeks ago ago. Went into receivership.

Both of them?Christ thought they were flying it for the last 5 or 6 years

ah jesus, sad to hear this now, i worked with one of the sons in dell for years, cocky little sob, lol, but a really hard worker and a genuinely nice person, was delighted for him when i heard he was starting a new venture, and as bigpink said- i thought they were doing great, the chips were the best i'd tasted in limerick! :(

was thinking of ordering a takeaway today, guess ill have to look elsewhere:confused:

Lads ive moved this over and cleaned up some of the posts. if someone is going to confirm this can i please ask they post some evidence to back it up.

And no...posting i heard from my mate marys hairdresser who heard of bridget that there closed is not evidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Resi12 wrote: »

No? :O since when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Resi12 wrote: »

No no no no no. It was open on Friday. It was bad enough that it was tiny... Awwwwwwwwww for real?
    :(

• Advertisement

im shocked by Slattersy thought it was always doing well,very fast down fall

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement