Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Its new books, only saw them setting up, lots of red stickers,
    They said paper backs 3 for €10.
    Only opened today.

Might cast an eye over what they have and what their prices are like, just in case they have good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Kess73 wrote: »
    Might cast an eye over what they have and what their prices are like, just in case they have good prices.

Thanks for spelling it all out so clearly Kess, we struggle to grasp your intention and meaning sometimes I mean. We do like. I mean us :D

Back on topic - Thanks for letting us know by the way Munstergirl!

Raiser wrote: »
    Thanks for spelling it all out so clearly Kess, we struggle to grasp your intention and meaning sometimes I mean. We do like. I mean us :D

Back on topic - Thanks for letting us know by the way Munstergirl!

Hehe I see that thread to raise funds to help move you out of Limerick has not been made yet...............

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Another business gone I am afraid...the Hallmark shop in Jetland is now closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

lasno wrote: »

I confirm. :(

• Advertisement

In a recession its fairly predictable that the Shops selling tiny pieces of printed cardboard with an envelope for €5+ will be bypassed by anyone in possession of their sanity.

- I'll dance a merry jig the day the Cardshop beside Shaws in the Crescent Shopping Centre closes - What a fcuking rip-off joint......

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

That's been on the cards for a while though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Oh dear, must send them a card.....

From the 2 euro store!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Roadend wrote: »
    That's been on the cards for a while though

.........be dum tisch :p:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

Raiser wrote: »
    In a recession its fairly predictable that the Shops selling tiny pieces of printed cardboard with an envelope for €5+ will be bypassed by anyone in possession of their sanity.

- I'll dance a merry jig the day the Cardshop beside Shaws in the Crescent Shopping Centre closes - What a fcuking rip-off joint......

agree 100%, no prices on anything which is very convienient :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 willielovesall

I think that Lifestyles in the Childers road shopping centre will go. . .anyone agree?? This forum makes for depressing reading

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I think that Lifestyles in the Childers road shopping centre will go. . .anyone agree?? This forum makes for depressing reading

This is the happiest place on the internet. well except for the cookoos nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Sad to see another business closed in the Jetland but it is no surprise to see Hallmark closed. Personality-less shop.

Went in for a 'Good Luck in your Exams' card a couple of weeks ago and they didn't stock them - she said they only did 'Congratulations on passing your exams' :confused: Not the first time I couldn't get a card I was looking for. Hard for them to compete as well when Dunnes were selling cards for €1....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I agree. Lets have a thread on all the shops that are still open instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

OMG but I heard rumours Brown Thomas is to close in Feb 2011..... has anyone else heard anything on this? If its true, Limerick city centre will be offically dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Villa Limerick

Well its no surprise that Hallmark closed ! What kind of an idiot opens a card shop the week after Valentines day !

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

Well its no surprise that Hallmark closed ! What kind of an idiot opens a card shop the week after Valentines day !

:rolleyes:
    I know this man. He's not an idiot.

Times are hard, not everything is as it should be. Speaking in this way about someone not change anything and it will not help.

cheers Villa ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Villa Limerick

I know the man too !
    Still doesnt change the fact he opened a card shop the week after Valentines day !
    Your Welcome Stan !

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I hope the rumour about BT closing is nothing more than a rumour.
    If it did close would that building be a suitable location for M and S?

Not if they wanted to put a grocery department in it. Normally a full sized M&S store has car parking facilities or is part of a complex with car parking.

The big empty old Dunnes building by Sarsfield bridge would not be a bad spot for M&S if a multi level car park was built at the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

OMG but I heard rumours Brown Thomas is to close in Feb 2011..... has anyone else heard anything on this? If its true, Limerick city centre will be offically dead!

Think I know where you heard this from! Don't mind it, rubbish.

zuroph wrote: »
    Think I know where you heard this from! Don't mind it, rubbish.

No this is actually true, apparently the Fake Tan Pipeline was accidentally severed due to construction work in the area throwing the entire place into a crisis.......

OompaLoompas1971.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Motorzone, dock road - gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 regii

Brown Thomas won't leave Limerick,
    But the building is old and in poor structural repair, so it will have to be rebuilt if anything! Either this will be done in sections or BT will relocate temporarily. It will not close.

Also if anyone can help me its been wrecking my head.....

What was the name of the old burger place on William Street where Superdrug is now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Burgerland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Mr E wrote: »
    Burgerland?

I think burgerland was more where lifestyle sports is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

There was no burger place where superdrug is twas boyds then sports shops then superdrug there was chow chow or caoi caoi whatever the spanish spelling for good bye is down next to the golden grill

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Not sure if it has been mentioned but walked past the big euro shop on Wm st and it was shut (former Newsoms).

So many places shut, its like a shell in town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 regii

Yes it was burgerland!!!! Thank you its been wrecking my head for the past 2 days!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The less pound shops around, the better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement