Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I met someone for Lunch in Cafe Noir under the Ghost Hotel across from Crane Valley recently.

- Never, ever, ever in my life have I stared so long and intently at a menu just desperately searching for something to eat. I got a chair after an hour just for comforts sake.......

Not a price/value thing at all (even though I am value conscious) - Just so I could enjoy my lunch and a chat.

I can't remember any specifics but it was all just gack - Pasta drizzled with puréed Tuna and Chefs Spit Jús type of Horseshít unappealing nonsense fare the whole way down the Menu and back up again.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Raiser wrote: »
    I met someone for Lunch in Cafe Noir under the Ghost Hotel across from Crane Valley recently.

- Never, ever, ever in my life have I stared so long and intently at a menu just desperately searching for something to eat. I got a chair after an hour just for comforts sake.......

Not a price/value thing at all (even though I am value conscious) - Just so I could enjoy my lunch and a chat.

I can't remember any specifics but it was all just gack - Pasta drizzled with puréed Tuna and Chefs Spit Jús type of Horseshít unappealing nonsense fare the whole way down the Menu and back up again.......
    I sent a long complaint in on their website after a rubbish dining experience there, including simple tips to improve the place, and never even got a reply. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Raiser wrote: »

That's very good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

speculative crap and the line of discussion that followed have been removed.

remember peoples, there are ordinary people working in these places and idle speculation causes unnecessary distress.

either stick to the facts or dont post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

remember peoples, there are ordinary people working in these places and idle speculation causes unnecessary distress.

When the shoe is on the other foot I guess it probably is undue stress.

My bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

bigpink wrote: »
    Cafe Noir is about 5 years too late,its a yummy mummy celtic tiger tpe of place and dear enough isnt it masterchefs that own it another big greedy company

Can't say I'd agree with this, have a look any lunch time and the place is packed, and it's not yummy mummy types at all. Great coffee dosn't go out of fashion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I love cafe noir for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only.

1. Their soda bread. I buy a loaf from them all the time. It's fuggin lovely.
    2. Their coffee.

I'm not a big fan of eating in their but when i does - it heavily involves lots of their coffee and soda bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I quite like the Cafe Noir myself. Its not cheap but sure whats new..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Is the O'Connell grill closed? Keep forgetting to look to see if there is a small sign, but the gates have been shut everytime I drive by.
    Hard to believe it if it is, always seemed busy enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Berty wrote: »
    No but Limerick does need more Quality Cafes. We don't need more Bland/Beige Cafes like BB's or Costa and similar.

We need good cafes like Cafe Bruschetta on Denmark Street(New), Mortells, Sage Cafe, Cafe Noir.

Will they be opening late?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

A nice cosy café - something along the lines of Tribes in Cork - that would open into the evening past 6pm would be very welcome IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Can't say I'd agree with this, have a look any lunch time and the place is packed, and it's not yummy mummy types at all. Great coffee dosn't go out of fashion :)

Obviously too busy to deal with criticism. I won't return anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I like Cafe Noir, plus the high prices keeps the riff raff away. Nothing worse than having to listen to some ComeEarIwantCha while I'm trying to enjoy my french onion soup

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Kess73 wrote: »
    Talking to a person working in the newsagent in the Crescent Shopping centre today and was told that they will be going very soon.

The person did not know if another newsagent would be moving into the unit down the line or not.

They are having their closing down sale this morning, everything reduced to clear.

Also few doors down 'lipstick' its one of the bigger units, womens clothes shop. Closing down sale.

Also small accessories €5 shop only opened before xmas gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

They are having their closing down sale this morning, everything reduced to clear.

Also few doors down 'lipstick' its one of the bigger units, womens clothes shop. Closing down sale.

Drove past Gerry Haugh's furniture store today and it looks to be closing for good once he retires. Big sign out front.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is it closing down of having a "closing down sale" that lasts 5 years like the store across from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

But in more positive news there's another bargain/euro shop opened in town, this time on Crusies St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Theres also a new shop opening/open on shannon street hiring out all kinds of dresses. Anyone know anything more about it?

Theres also a new shop opening/open on shannon street hiring out all kinds of dresses. Anyone know anything more about it?

Looking to hire a dress for the Raiser wedding eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    But in more positive news there's another bargain/euro shop opened in town, this time on Crusies St.

:mad::mad:These now infest the city like a disease. Along with their "cash 4 gold" cousins! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Kess73 wrote: »
    Looking to hire a dress for the Raiser wedding eh? :p

hahaha.... Oh you're funny aren't you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Anyone remember the 99p shop?

hahaha.... Oh you're funny aren't you :p

More funny looking than funny, but I do have my moments. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Anyone remember the 99p shop?

Used to always get a flake in there

Mc Love wrote: »
    Is it closing down of having a "closing down sale" that lasts 5 years like the store across from it?

No its definately going, everything reduced + shop half empty, didn't see anything i wanted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

apparently lipstick is moving to a smaller unit...pennys is being renovated in the crescent about time...topshop/topman work is due to start soon as well ment to be open in october

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dell is closed. Shock horror.

I heard that Ikea have been looking at the building. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Berty wrote: »
    Dell is closed. Shock horror.

I heard that Ikea have been looking at the building. ;)

Ya they looked at it but it isnt high enough for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Nice new newsagents open on William Street where Flannerys/Finns used to be.

• Advertisement

Clancys is gone from parkway roundabout, after 80 years in limerick.

Another 8 jobs lost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement