Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any body else not bothered about RAG WEEK?

Options
  • 02-03-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering is there anybody else who is not that bothered about going out and getting legless for a week straight during RAG WEEK?

Now dont get me wrong i think its great what the SU do to raise money and i commend them, and from personal experience it does do good for business in the city and region.

And btw before anybody tries to pigeon-hole me or anything i am a first year student (not a mature student) and while i enjoy going out on the lash i dont see the point in going out and killing off your liver for a whole week and getting into sh*t with the gardai and such.

Ledger
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Im not bothered at all tbh*

*not a student

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Tbh I'm not bothered either. I'm a first year and I only have 8hrs of classes a week and for me thats too long to be in WIT. So I am not partaking in any of the events and not bothered heavily drinking for a week:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

29 hours a week, hard course, have no interest in RAG week festivities and give to charity when I can

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

I hate rag week. I love going out as much as the next person but I live on manor street and someone smashed in my window last night. It scared the crap out of me because I live in the house on my own. The gardai were good about it though and said they would be on that road til 6am every night this week.

I dont understand why people get so wasted just because its rag week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

tbh i think they're only lookin for a reason to go mental so they have some sort of stupid excuse but in reality like theres no reason watsoever to act like a complete tool.

Ledger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

worst rag week ever, TBH UCC topped this years ragweeks, last year was pretty good in WIT but it was SERIOUSLY AWEFUL this year. i only went out on thursday couldnt be arsed any other day, shiete lineups/events

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Gez, I'm surprised to hear that. I thought it had one of the best schedules/events for a long time in the WIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

shapez wrote: »
    Gez, I'm surprised to hear that. I thought it had one of the best schedules/events for a long time in the WIT.

Yeah credit where its due. Was at the Rag ball night in Escape on Tuesday and actually thought it was one of the best organised nights that I have seen in my four years at WIT. Great Kings of Leon tribute band downstairs and different DJ's on each floor so if ya got bored with one you could just move a floor.

From what people have been telling me Neil Delamere and the Coronas played a blinder on Thursday too.

Comparisons with UCC are slightly off the mark considering the number of students in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

de la mere should never have been put in the sports hall, they should have known there would be a horribe echo. Everyone knows large spaces = bad acoustic properties. I think the gig should have been in the auditorium, as at least in there you dont have to strain to hear the speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

wobbles wrote: »
    de la mere should never have been put in the sports hall, they should have known there would be a horribe echo. Everyone knows large spaces = bad acoustic properties. I think the gig should have been in the auditorium, as at least in there you dont have to strain to hear the speaker

If he was put into the auditorium to play it would have not being possible to make a profit without charging astronomical prices for tickets. This way a good crowd could be put into the sports hall and ticket prices being kept to a minimum

@imported guy to say this year had a bad line is crazy don't know what planet you were living on. Each event went down great and so far over €20,000 has being raised with more to be counted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

shanemul wrote: »
    If he was put into the auditorium to play it would have not being possible to make a profit without charging astronomical prices for tickets. This way a good crowd could be put into the sports hall and ticket prices being kept to a minimum

Why would ticket prices go up? The auditorium is free to rent...

Anywhome, I thought the lineup was pretty good this year. Best by a long shot IMO compared to other years that Conor was part of putting it together. Should get a job in that kinda stuff, top marks. I hear some of the events like Paintball didn't go ahead due to a mix up of dates or something, but I thought the planned list was very eventful. Top marks imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Sully wrote: »
    Why would ticket prices go up? The auditorium is free to rent...

Anywhome, I thought the lineup was pretty good this year. Best by a long shot IMO compared to other years that Conor was part of putting it together. Should get a job in that kinda stuff, top marks. I hear some of the events like Paintball didn't go ahead due to a mix up of dates or something, but I thought the planned list was very eventful. Top marks imo.

I think he means because less people would fit in there so less money in. therefore they would have to charge more to make the same money

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Clano wrote: »
    I think he means because less people would fit in there so less money in. therefore they would have to charge more to make the same money

Ah, makes sense. :)

Advertisement