Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allen sensor ear protection

Options
  • 02-03-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

just seen these on www.shoot.ie for 29.99 and was wondering if anyone here has them.
    they are a small and compact ear defender and are supposed to block out gun noise while letting you hear everything else.
    the electronic ones are a bit pricey and the normal ones block out all sounds and as i need them for hunting i want to be aware of the other sounds around me.
    if anyone has them do you find them any good or a waste of money??
    thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I use these and they will cut out the bang. 15DB reduction in noise
    Surefire sonic ear protectors ;12
    EP3_2_large.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

+1 for what Clive said ..
    I use them and my NR ear protectors at the same time and can say they are comfortable enough and effective.

course this was back in the days with the range was alive with the sounds of many 9mm , 38's and the odd 45 .. ah remember that !!!

Darr

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

oh yes i remember it well,,i was one of them,but alas am forced to go a different route for now .
    where can i get those surefire ones lads?? and will they do for a shotgun?

daveob007 wrote: »
    oh yes i remember it well,,i was one of them,but alas am forced to go a different route for now .
    where can i get those surefire ones lads?? and will they do for a shotgun?

google the name
    I got mine in the bulk order so I'm not sure where theycame from.

And yes they will do for a SG I used mine with the 308 out stalking and can still hear my surroundings, but her indoors will say I can't hear a tap. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Napier pro 9s can be got for abt £25 including P&P on ebay. Supposed to reduce gunfire by 32 Decibals and alos have the added comfort of speech even at low normal tones.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

Dave sorry cant remember where I got them from (and clives) but it was an UK based company with a rather nice web site ( very grand looking , with wax jackets , pointers and the such :) ) .

failing that check ebay lots of them there .
    Dar

Darr wrote: »
    Dave sorry cant remember where I got them from (and clives) but it was an UK based company with a rather nice web site ( very grand looking , with wax jackets , pointers and the such :) ) .

failing that check ebay lots of them there .
    Dar

Thanks Dar I couldn't remember who it was that got me those.

Anyway do a search here on the UK site
    http://www.google.co.uk/

A good price here for the better version of the ear plugs ;12.95
    http://www.polimil.co.uk/acatalog/Surefire_EarPro_EP4_Sonic_Ear_Defenders__12.95.html

Advertisement