Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight in Cruises St.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

buzzman wrote: »
    Have you ever seen anyone go back to their car when paged on that system. We were on a call down there one day, got blocked in by a car. Gaurds were there as well. Got security to put an announcement over the pa system. No one came back. Even when they test the fire alarm system asking people to evacuate the S/C, no one pays any heed !!.

what a pathetic excuse what if someone you cared for was run down by this drunk driver and you found out later that the guards went away after 15 mins without even going into the shopping centre and trying to find this guy I have a funny feeling he would have not been that hard to find....I have great respect for the Guards but that is just not on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Raiser wrote: »
    Limerick - Where the odds of being arrested for burglary, theft, assault, arson, rape, murder, drink driving, public order offences, drug dealing are practically nil.

Did you enjoy your rant?
    "An Garda Siochana is delivering a robust and determined response to crime in Limerick, underlined by the reduction in the number of cases of murder and manslaughter in Limerick in 2009 to three compared to seven in 2008.

"There have been convictions and persons charged in respect of eight of these ten cases. The rate of detection and conviction is better in Limerick than in any other area.
    http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Gardai-in-Limerick-praised-by.6111841.jp
    Gardai in Limerick and south inner-city Dublin are dealing with murder rate about three times the national average. In 2008 there were 55 killings - the lowest since 2004 when there were 44 - with three quarters of suspects charged. There have been eight gun murders so far this year.
    (Note - charged, ie the Gardaí did their job. Conviction rates are a matter for the Judiciary)
    Half of robberies, hijackings and extortion attempts were detected by gardai, while the number of burglaries where charges have been brought jumped by about 10% to a quarter. As well as a high murder rate, south inner-city Dublin also had the highest burglary rate in the country.
    (The 25% burglary rate seems quite bad until you compare it with the UK...13% from a 2007 report, with a higher detection rate for aggravated burglaries. http://www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/ipak/evidencebase/burglary001e.htm)

http://www.wicklowpeople.ie/breaking-news/national-news/report-identifies-murder-blackspots-2080318.html
    And controlled drug offences climbed marginally from 846 to 887, with a 99% garda detection rate.
    http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item.aspx?arti_guid=c382f025-a4ac-45a8-8c78-02cd7d700ee6

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Limerick - Where the odds of being arrested for burglary, theft, assault, arson, rape, murder, drink driving, public order offences, drug dealing are practically nil.

- Drive for more than a week or two without your tax in date or over the speed limit and you're history.....

I spent some time in Germany and saw a City about the size of Dublin Policed excellently.

Regular Patrols means more than the actual walkabout - it means Scumbags aren't comfortable owning the streets like they are now around Limerick.

Theres another thread on here detailing how time and time again People called 999 without having the Gardaí show up at all?

- Thats indefensible.......

Have to say that the police in Germany tend to carry an air of authority about them.

I lived in Stuttgart after I first left Liverpool, and after a number of years there, I can safely say that I would not test the patience of anyone in uniform there.

I can remember an incident at Schlossplatz involving a few Turkish lads acting up. Police just seemed to come from every direction within minutes, and being Turkish was not going to help the lads either. There was no crap taken, and you could see the expressions on the guys casing hassle change as soon as they saw the first policeman on the scene.

Lovely city by the way with a nice climate. Well worth a trip for anyone looking for somewhere nice to go on holiday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

concussion wrote: »
    Did you enjoy your rant?

There were once two People who held opposing views......

One came forth triumphantly and brandished multiple lies and many engineered statistics as supplied by, the one source in the Land that is wholly bereft of any credibility, decency or integrity - a Fianna Fail Politician.

The other relied on his eyes and ears, extensive and unrelenting media coverage and a lifetime of living in Limerick where the truth is visible, ever present and fcuking ugly.....

- Your statistics are a common case of Politics and Maths losing out to observation of the obvious.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Have to say that the police in Germany tend to carry an air of authority about them.

I lived in Stuttgart after I first left Liverpool, and after a number of years there, I can safely say that I would not test the patience of anyone in uniform there.

I can remember an incident at Schlossplatz involving a few Turkish lads acting up. Police just seemed to come from every direction within minutes, and being Turkish was not going to help the lads either. There was no crap taken, and you could see the expressions on the guys casing hassle change as soon as they saw the first policeman on the scene.

Lovely city by the way with a nice climate. Well worth a trip for anyone looking for somewhere nice to go on holiday:D

In 1997 I was in a Nightclub in Munich where a fight broke out over a Girl, things got ugly fast and somebody was knifed - on the street the Bavarian Police were there in number and, like all the other dopey gawpers, I loitered for 5 mins to see who got collared.

Getting a bit of sense, I finally decided to walk away and get some sleep. I made it 15 feet down the road when this fella in a bomber jacket and jeans tapped me on the shoulder, showed me the baton he had in his sleeve and politely requested I return to the scene - "Please Sir, I don't want any trouble".

We were all asked to occupy the nearby McDonalds which was suddenly requested to close for business and the door was guarded while statements were taken from absolutely everyone - I was there for at least an hour.

All the involved had their day in Court, the stabber got sentenced and locked up the others were on assault and affray charges and soon enough we had the pleasure of reading about it in detail in the local papers......

Around 2007 a friend of mines 18 or 19 year old Brother was out in Limerick for one of his first nights out on the town with his Mates. He was attacked and kicked and punched halfway down Cruises St.

Crying and sobbing his Girlfriend ran into traffic to flag down a Squad car that was cruising by and not stopping. Reluctantly the Gardaí involved opened their window and were told of the unprovoked, sustained and serious assault - The group was told to move on home off the streets now, theres good Kids.

Confused the Girls pointed out the assailants who were 30 metres up the street smoking fags and casually joking amongst themselves. At this stage the were in more danger than ever as it was obvious they were pointing this Scum out to the Gardaí.

Squad car disappears despite, desperate pleas for them to at least drop the targetted Kid a little bit up the Street for his own safety and then straight away they are chased into McDonalds, where the Scum waited menacingly outside, the Manager in McDonalds, realising that bloodsoaked, blacked-eyed, broken-toothed teenagers are bad for business, called them a Cab and asked the Bouncers to make sure that they got into it and driven home safely.

mcdonalds.gif I'm lovin' it mcdonalds.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

One came forth triumphantly and brandished multiple lies and many engineered statistics as supplied by, the one source in the Land that is wholly bereft of any credibility, decency or integrity - a Fianna Fail Politician.

The other relied on his eyes and ears, extensive and unrelenting media coverage and a lifetime of living in Limerick where the truth is visible, ever present and fcuking ugly.....

- Your statistics are a common case of Politics and Maths losing out to observation of the obvious.

Concussion is from Limerick. He lives in the city. He knows people who are Gardaí. He reads the papers. He could take the easy way out and lash out blindly...but he's not. Doubtless the people of Germany have their own gripes about their police force- do you think it's only here we have issues with how our towns and cities are policed? Why don't you, while considering the laws and attitudes we have, give us your idea of how the city should be policed? It'd be interesting to see how it would work out.

klong wrote: »
    Concussion is from Limerick. He lives in the city. He knows people who are Gardaí. He reads the papers. He could take the easy way out and lash out blindly...but he's not. Doubtless the people of Germany have their own gripes about their police force- do you think it's only here we have issues with how our towns and cities are policed? Why don't you, while considering the laws and attitudes we have, give us your idea of how the city should be policed? It'd be interesting to see how it would work out.

Turn up, make an effort - If you're not up for it quit, retrain, get a different job.....

- If they want to start blaming their Management or funding or established practices then perhaps its time for a blue-flu on grounds other than the contents of their current accounts because its the taxpaying Citizens who are feeling the backlash here and its far from being adequate, worthy or acceptable.

Oh well, shall I stop listening to the national and local media and get all my information from you instead so??

Interesting that you pay no attention to the MEDIA links I provided yet you tell me you rely on exensive and unrelenting MEDIA COVERAGE to gauge how things are going. How does that work out??

What did you friend do after getting home in the cab? Did they go to hospital and get a medical report, make a complaint to Henry St Station, make a complaint to the Ombudsman, contact their local TD? Did the McDonalds bouncers just stand there and watch the whole thing? You can be damn sure if that happened to me those I wouldn't stop going up the chain until I got an explanation about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

klong wrote: »

The people of Germany usually have these complaints about German police:
    Officious, anal, bullheaded, take no crap whatsoever, zero sense of humour, arrogant, up their own hole and generally unpopular and unlikeable.
    They are completely obsessed with enforcing even the most tiny and pointless regulations, have no friends and will collar their own dad for not having a light on his bicycle.
    If you insult a police officer in Germany he will take note of the exact insults used, each of which has it's own fixed penalty.
    Even addressing an officer in an over familiar way (i.e. not enough respect) carries fines, even without any actual insults used.
    While that causes a certain resentment against them, no one in their right mind would accuse them of slacking off, at least no to their face.
    It's not that they are ever present and visible, but you get this feeling over there that any kind of mucking about will bring them onto the scene within minutes.
    It's good to know that when you're on the receiving end of said mucking about, one call and there they are.

Oh well, shall I stop listening to the national and local media and get all my information from you instead so??

Interesting that you pay no attention to the MEDIA links I provided yet you tell me you rely on exensive and unrelenting MEDIA COVERAGE to gauge how things are going. How does that work out??

In fairness your quoted articles was simply relaying Dermot Aherns spoonfed, conveniently manipulated spin on things - A long way from an independent article penned by an actual Journalist.
    concussion wrote:

What did you friend do after getting home in the cab? Did they go to hospital and get a medical report, make a complaint to Henry St Station, make a complaint to the Ombudsman, contact their local TD? Did the McDonalds bouncers just stand there and watch the whole thing? You can be damn sure if that happened to me those I wouldn't stop going up the chain until I got an explanation about it.

List of People NOT responsible for professional negligence and shameful inaction in this instance:

Hospital Staff
    Other Gardaí in Henry St.
    The Garda Ombudsman
    The Local TD
    The McDonalds Bouncers
    Shakira
    The Wizard of Oz

In fairness you have to admit your uncontrollable bias here when you are happy to overlook the pathetic, unforgivable inaction of the Gardaí involved in this instance and try to apportion blame on the Bouncers of a Global Fast Food Chain ??????????????????? (?) (???)

- In my opinion the "Gardaí" in that Squad Car that night let down themselves, their Colleagues, their Parents and the uniform generally. In an ideal World they should have been identified and once internally disciplined to determine that they were not fit to serve, fcuked out of An Garda Siochana to píss of back to wherever Mammies raise spineless, rabbit-hearted Leeches that dream of someday going to Templemore and failing the Irish People.

P.S. I refuse to be accused of so called "Garda Bashing" here - I have the utmost respect for the many true and decent Gardaí who carry out their duty against the odds - odds made even more difficult by the opportunistic Scum diluting the ranks.......

• Advertisement

If the stats were wrong then why did Charlie Flanagan and Pat Rabbitte simply complain about the government not doing enough (which is true). Surely if these figures were wrong it would be an excellent way to attack the government?

As for the assault you mentioned, you've completely missed my point. You claim two Gardaí ignored a serious attack with the assailants still in the vicinity. If that happened to me or anyone I knew, the first thing I would do after they got home would be to get them to hospital or a doctor for a medical check and report. I would then report these two Gardaí to their Sergeant and if I wasn't satisfied with the response I would speak to the Super, and on up the chain until it was explained to me why two Gardaí ignored such a serious offence. Did any of this happen??

Kids don't take complaints from the Public Counter in Henry St. to the HQ in the Phoenix Park & Crap Gardaí don't admit their failings obligingly on request......

- Personally my instinct is that Gardaí assigned to Limerick keep their heads down and tick off their remaining days before they are reassigned to go on and become a respected Public Figure in some conveniently quiet little Town - Dreams of cheeky double-parking and unpaid Motor Tax dancing like sugar plums in their little heads.......

Maybe their older brothers could...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Did any of this happen??

Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Not everyone has faith that making a complaint will achieve anything though. I have no reason to doubt Raiser regarding the original incident.

One thing evident from this thread is that the Gardai have practically zero respect either in terms of their ability to do their job or in general. You see it every day of the week around the city, open contempt for the Gardai, laughing in their faces and not giving a crap.

You don't see that in other countries because you would get a baton to the face for your efforts. About time they are allowed to that here without all the bleeding heart do-gooders demanding a commission of inquiry.

Advertisement