Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info on biz magazine article

• 02-03-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    any one got info on how to go about featuring my new business in an article in a business magazine? cost etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

They tend to be extremely expensive and if you are only starting off they could be out of your range.

If you do want to advertise with them make sure you don't accept the first price they quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

if the business had a angle, like if it had something, or did something or was a good news bit - then its worth a fly in terms of a PR release. May not work, but what the heck, what's to be lost

PM me if you like with a few details on the the business/industry etc (web site would be handy) and I will tell you straight up if is going to be easy or not, - that's the best i can do!!

C

€1000, never. If you know people in the business they will help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Advertorial will cost, but putting out a press release won't (apart from getting someone to write it for you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Thanks for your replys, Good info on your PM blue, will take it on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Hi Guys
    I got a quote from an Irish "industrial subscription magazine" for a full page ad+editorial for 1000 euro per bi monthly issue, How does this sound to ye? it has about a 12k circulation through industries and public service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

strandsman wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    I got a quote from an Irish "industrial subscription magazine" for a full page ad+editorial for 1000 euro per bi monthly issue, How does this sound to ye? it has about a 12k circulation through industries and public service
    12k according to who?

Check their ABC stats.

Hi Guys

that’s exactly what has print advertising where it is - it's a nearly commodity product –

You've no product information, more importantly no audited circulation – which, if no audit – just pick a figure.

Its ‘off the back of a truck’ stuff and completely runs down your mag. and the sector as a whole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 the wine guy

Hey,

I would be happy to profile your business for free on www.startups.ie if you are interested. We are a website dedicated to supporting entrepreneurship in Ireland.

Cheers,

TWG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Hi Guys
    Those free trade mags are so ad-riddled that most people just put them in the bin on receipt.

I really wouldn't bother with that channel.

What's the product and/or service?

• Advertisement
Advertisement