Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are all the alfa gts for sale?

• 02-03-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭

Been looking for the past few weeks for an alfa gt for the missus, she has basically made her mind up thats what she wants now,

looking for a 04/05 less than 60k, not silver, in good nick and well maintained with a budget of 10.5k cash.

they seem very scarce on the ground for a pretty popular car, ive been looking at recently added on carzone daily

is there anywhere else something like this would be advertised?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Pistonheads?

Can make an excuse for a weekend away too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

They depreciate horribly, so maybe people who've lost loads of money on one are choosing to hang on to them a while longer rather than take the hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

EPM wrote: »
    Pistonheads?

Can make an excuse for a weekend away too

unfortunately, as with a lot of stuff at the moment, it makes more sense to buy here, residuals have improved a lot in the uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

bogmanfan wrote: »
    They depreciate horribly

Some would say they depreciate nicely ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Cyrus wrote: »
    unfortunately, as with a lot of stuff at the moment, it makes more sense to buy here, residuals have improved a lot in the uk

If it's a keeper you might get a slightly nicer one...ahem 3.2 V6...:D

• Advertisement

for the missus :D

nah, she wont buy that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I've got a nice 06' JTD if your willing to up your budget :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is she committed to buying a 1.8 litre only? Here is a low mileage 2.0 litre, colour looks on the dull side but nothing a good detailing could not sort out I guess. It does have a full service history though but due an NCT.

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201007196928062

Might be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

bazz26 wrote: »
    Is she committed to buying a 1.8 litre only? Here is a low mileage 2.0 litre, colour looks on the dull side but nothing a good detailing could not sort out I guess. It does have a full service history though but due an NCT.

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201007196928062

Might be worth a look.

Those bog-standard wheels ruin it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

You'd really be better looking to the UK, our Alfa market is tiny (9 so far this year - so I'm told).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If you go for that one that was linked, a member here by the username Seperate will bring that paintwork back to better than new for ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Those bog-standard wheels ruin it for me.

Indeed-but the odd thing is that the car was spec'd with leather and BOSE but not the 17" wheels.

Still, other than the wheels, that is a nice enough example. And many would say that the 16" wheels are more comfortable than the 17" or 18" alternative.

I went to the UK to buy my GT, I would have been waiting a long time to find the right one over here. They are quite a rare car over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ya mean this one

http://www.veloces.co.uk/reg/6SJC8P1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

bladespin wrote: »
    You'd really be better looking to the UK, our Alfa market is tiny (9 so far this year - so I'm told).

There's three for sale on the car giant webite atm. I'm not sure if the prices are good when you add the VRT.

They're a stunning looking car. I wish I had the balls to buy one, but Alfa's scare me a little with their dodgy reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    And many would say that the 16" wheels are more comfortable than the 17" or 18" alternative.

Many would also say that our pot-holed roads are not suited to any tyres with a 50 profile or less. You can easily blow a tyre or bend a rim: I've done both.

Many would also say that our pot-holed roads are not suited to any tyres with a 50 profile or less. You can easily blow a tyre or bend a rim: I've done both.

Indeed, but my views above have mostly come from reading what UK based drivers had to say about the GT. I've not blown a tyre over here, but have wrecked a rim but hitting a not too deep pothole.

OP-the JTS is a rare enough GT, even in the UK. I fear you will have to be patient if you want to buy in Ireland, or go to the UK, or go for a JTD.

I have been fooling around on the VRT website this afternoon and am shocked at the OMSPs on the V6-I know the motor tax is savage, but the VRT is a lot less than it used to be.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

The photos are a bit dodgy but the colour isn't bad

yep, alfa dealer too i think

Cyrus wrote:
    only issue is limerick is a long spin

You'd enjoy it in an Alfa :)

Epic fail on the pics and 'Ivory Mist' wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list on colours for a GT, but the spec is good.

Timing belt would want to have been done on this car.

• Advertisement

yep, alfa dealer too i think

Not officially. Dublin, Cork and The Sweep are the only official sales locations left.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Not officially. Dublin, Cork and The Sweep are the only official sales locations left.

My bad, their blurb says

Motorzone is an authorised dealer for Kia, and an authorised aftersales dealer for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Kia

so im assuming they can service it etc to the correct std

missus like the colour so im not fussed really :) ivory does look ok on the gt imo, better than on other models

what extras does it have that you can see?

My bad, their blurb says

Motorzone is an authorised dealer for Kia, and an authorised aftersales dealer for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Kia
    They could be I guess-they'd want to get Alfa Romeo to update their website in that case!

Cyrus wrote:
    missus like the colour so im not fussed really :) ivory does look ok on the gt imo, better than on other models

what extras does it have that you can see?

Each to their own in that case :).

I can see the 17" wheels and it has leather as well. CD Changer as well (not a huge deal these days, but it was an extra).

It doesn't appear to have parking sensors or BOSE. There are also things like winter packs etc. But you can live without all of these-parking sensors are probably useful though (I have none of these)

Assuming the history is sound (no mention of NCT, FWIW) and you're ok with the colour, it's worth a trip IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Friend of mine just bought a Grey 3.2 V6 version. Looking at the economy (not tax) of all engines, the 3.2 looks good what it is and the rest look kinda bad for what they offer.. prolly the weight of the car coming into play.

He got it in the UK of course, very few of the V6s here.

i looked at the 3.2 myself one time, not for mrs cyrus tho, she wouldnt see the value in the road tax!

its prolly a non runner because i wont get down to limerick anytime in the next few weeks so itll unlikely be around at that stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Call MOTORZONE and ask if they would bring the car to you?

(They used to be Main FIAT and ALFA ROMEO dealers in Limerick.)

Advertisement