Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

adverts.ie and photography

• 02-03-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, we upgraded adverts.ie yesterday and have added a few sub-categories to the photography section. We really hope you will all continue using adverts and we believe these new sub-categories will make it more user friendly. While moving the database went smoothly enough, we are experiencing some minor issues and are working on these today.

We are of course open to any feedback so feel free to let us know either on adverts support or on suggestions@adverts.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

did the upgrade include removing permissions to add images after the ad is posted? It seems to be disabled now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

did the upgrade include removing permissions to add images after the ad is posted? It seems to be disabled now
    There is still the edit option but that might be one of the bugs the techies are working on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

smashey wrote: »
    There is still the edit option but that might be one of the bugs the techies are working on.

that was using teh edit option. I was able to add text, but not pictures.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Pity you can't filter out the SOLD items......

I'll see what's happening with that. If anybody is stuck, the mods can always add photos to any ad.
    That was discussed this morning and we're trying to come up with a solution. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

That's a common problem with numerous listings, not just yours.
    It is a bug, one which is hoped to be fixed soon.
    Please understand that these issues may take a few days to iron out.

If there are any other issues with your listings, i.e. in wrong sub categories etc; please use the Report feature, and a mod will try to address it asap.

I will be on hand for the rest of the evening/night, with a priority for the Photography section, so feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help you with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

smashey wrote: »
    That was discussed this morning and we're trying to come up with a solution. :)

If SOLD, don't display.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

steve06 wrote: »
    If SOLD, don't display.... :D

simples.bmp

:D

If only it was that easy. We try to keep ads as a record of sorts but we're trying to find a happy medium depending on how old they are. Also, some people get very upset if their ads get removed. :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Should we delete this Thread as Adverts SPAM? ;)

Look forward to seeing the new site.

• Advertisement

/finger hovers over "Ban Cabansail"

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Don't like the new catagory option for adverts. It messes up the RSS feed so I can't see what the latest items are being sold. without having to go into about 3 or 4 pages to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Can we get the county selector back in the simple search/filter pleeeeease? I'd rarely be interested in a non-local trade and doubt I'm alone in that, with the big thumbnails showing fewer ads per page the filter is even more important.

BUG: Home..Photography..more options - is not retaining the category passed in by url, I select Dublin and hit search, it returns a search of all categories (at that point I can reselect the photography category and hitting search then applies both filters ok).
    EDIT: In 'more options' the 'Search Categories' section has a slider with no draggable bar, and blank to the right where the cats should be. (FF3.5, Error Console: '$ is not defined' search.php line 115) hth

I've just noticed I'm auto-logged in with my boards.ie cookie, will think about this more when when the t&c's discussion restarts but first reaction is great, far more convenient. Well done on the backend, shudder to think what was involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks for the extra features Smashey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

swingking wrote: »
    Don't like the new catagory option for adverts. It messes up the RSS feed so I can't see what the latest items are being sold. without having to go into about 3 or 4 pages to find out.

I don't like this new format either :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I agree. Every time I look on there I spot something that I'd like, only to look to the right and see the 'sold' in red. Annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Is there no link back to Boards from Adverts anymore?

We are going to be doing something on this based on the age of the ads. This should happen this week.
    swingking wrote: »
    All categories have a dedicated RSS feed now.
    democrates wrote: »
    Can we get the county selector back in the simple search/filter pleeeeease? I'd rarely be interested in a non-local trade and doubt I'm alone in that, with the big thumbnails showing fewer ads per page the filter is even more important.

BUG: Home..Photography..more options - is not retaining the category passed in by url, I select Dublin and hit search, it returns a search of all categories (at that point I can reselect the photography category and hitting search then applies both filters ok).
    EDIT: In 'more options' the 'Search Categories' section has a slider with no draggable bar, and blank to the right where the cats should be. (FF3.5, Error Console: '$ is not defined' search.php line 115) hth

I've just noticed I'm auto-logged in with my boards.ie cookie, will think about this more when when the t&c's discussion restarts but first reaction is great, far more convenient. Well done on the backend, shudder to think what was involved.
    Search should be fixed now. If you see anything, please let us know.
    Covey wrote: »
    Is there no link back to Boards from Adverts anymore?
    Another thing we are working on now.

Advertisement