Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Green Spheres present Foals - Academy May 14th

Options
  • 02-03-2010 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Passion Pit isn't even done with yet and we are announcing more gigs.

Foals this time round. Their new album Total Live Forever is due the week before the gig, their single Spanish Sahara went to radio last night to be released April 30th (Vid below)

Tickets as ever are free but you will need to apply on HeinekenMusic.ie.
    Applications won't be open for a few weeks, you will hear about it from me here when they do. I will also have a few comps too.

www.heinekenmusic.ie
    www.myspace.com/foals

Check out the new vid here:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ed, I need tickets fore this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I feckin' love Foals. Amazing band.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Have to be at this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Glynner83

Have to get tickets for this. Looks to be their only gig in Ireland before festival season. New single is epic as well

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I applied for tickets. Now we play the waiting game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

One of the best bands of recent years. I'll apply for tics on heineken site but should they be going for grabs, stick me down for 4 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Love Foals.

Hate the stupid Heineken registration process.

All my friends like music & are already registered and have to invite people. As a result I can't bleedin invite 2 people who would accept since it gives an error if I use anyone already signed up. I can use 2 people who won't sign up but that would go against my chances of being selected for tickets.:mad::mad:

Mr.S wrote: »
    If its giving you hassle, just create 2 email address yourself?

And my point of this being a stupid process is confirmed.

Mr.S wrote: »
    and your complaining because....?

My days of creating dummy e-mail address' are behind me. Besides I never get selected for these Heineken gigs so I'm doubley not inspired to make the effort to create dummy e-mails as part of the registering process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HeinekenMusic: Ed

@homerun_homer

Sorry to hear your troubles.
    We have been using this system for a while now and are constanly open to suggestion so your feedback is appreciated. Your problems have been noted and will be brought up in our next review of the process.

In the mean time is there not tow other friends who would like to go?

• Advertisement

@homerun_homer
    In the mean time is there not two other friends who would like to go?

All my friends are signed up to the site already, so I couldn't progress by re-entering any of them. At this stage I've ended up spamming work colleagues who would have no interest in signing up/attending, which I gather to mean that my registration won't go through fully.

@homerun_homer
    I will send your feedback on to the guys in charge of ticketing to see if there is anything we can do to sort it. If not keep an eye out for comps here and on FB/twitter nearer the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Rusty_bike

Hi Ed,
    Just wondering what the story is with the folk who had their White Lies tickets cancelled last time around? Seem to remember a wee promise of being sorted this time?
    Cheers

@Sugarman - If you send your email address used to me in a PM I will look into it for you.

@Rusty_bike - Likewise send your email that you used to register and I will look after it.
    Cheers

New lead single from Total Fife Forever up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

When do you find out if you've got tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fearata

I didn't win tickets for passion pit, when they were playing 5 minutes away from me...I have to win tickets for this.

I also agree with the issue of the application process, I have the same problem. I preferred the old system, where you didn't have to invite friends, and you got two tickets if you won.

Rusty_bike wrote: »
    Hi Ed,
    Just wondering what the story is with the folk who had their White Lies tickets cancelled last time around? Seem to remember a wee promise of being sorted this time?
    Cheers

Don't you mean you would have got sorted out for Passion Pit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Rusty_bike

Don't you mean you would have got sorted out for Passion Pit?

I didn't apply for or want to go Passion Pit as I don't live in Cork...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Emmpty

Wait I'm confused..so what are the chances of actually getting a ticket? And if you don't win them can you buy them on ticketmaster?

It's a lotto system when it comes to getting tickets so you have as much chance as everyone else - I will have more news on tickets next week too so keep an eye.

We have just confirmed Bombay Bicycle Club for support.
    Cracking line-up I reckon, interested to hear others peoples thoughts on BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Emmpty

And how many tickets can you win? Two?

Emmpty wrote: »
    And how many tickets can you win? Two?

If you win in the lotto you get you plus the 2 friends you put down when you registered. (when you register you have to give 2 mates address' too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

BBC added too. I HAVE to get tics to this. I've been following BBC for over a year now and they're coming along nicely. Throw 4 tics my way and I won't say a word. Nobody on boards will know. Ssssssh. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

applyed 3 tickets yesterday

what's my chances on tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭techno-allah

Are Bombay Bicycle Club the only support?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

Wtf???

This new song is really disappointing. Somebody has been listening to way too much Coldplay.

Are they selling out??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

Signed up for tickets to this AGES ago. Was delighted to see that BBC are also playing. WIll be keeping my fingers crossed till tickets are released!

Advertisement