Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Green Spheres present Foals - Academy May 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

Was trying to get two people to accept but was not going through at all:( If anyone cant go when they get allocated today, please email or pm me. Im the biggest bombay bicycle club fan, and foals are just something else;) real fan here like ill travel from kerry to gig, I have both their albums, im not just looking for free Heineken ha;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I applied for tix a few weeks ago, still no luck tho :( If anybody has any spare or cant attend, let me know and I will take them off your hands. I am dying to see foals

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

I'm in the same boat as the guy above. No sign of tickets yet, if anyone cant attend I'd be grateful to take them off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sarnie

Sarnie wrote: »
    Signed up for tickets to this AGES ago. Was delighted to see that BBC are also playing. WIll be keeping my fingers crossed till tickets are released!

YAAAAAA, I WON TICKETS, SO HAPPY! First time I managed to win tickets through the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

No email :(
    Are all the people who won notified on the same day?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

my mate got three tickets woo i applyied aswell but i got no email

i think this hole wining tickets is a terible idea because theres people just apllying for tickets for the sake of it just vecause they like 2 or 3 songs and then theres people that actually love them and like them and actually buy their cds and they miss out on the tickets, i dont like it dont think its very fair i think they should just leave it and let people buy them

just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

A V A wrote: »
    my mate got three tickets woo i applyied aswell but i got no email

i think this hole wining tickets is a terible idea because theres people just apllying for tickets for the sake of it just vecause they like 2 or 3 songs and then theres people that actually love them and like them and actually buy their cds and they miss out on the tickets, i dont like it dont think its very fair i think they should just leave it and let people buy them

just my opinion

You are right. It's a load of crap. The Foals have completely sold out. Their new album is completely different to their old one and wants to appeal to the mass market

and now a beer company gets to decide who sees them live.

I already know of a some people who have won tickets and are now going who have never even heard of them.

true that man your right and i know people that going now that only got into them over the past 4 weeks and they didnt even know they had a first album and when i showed them their earlier stuff they didnt really like it :S:S:S i was like what??????????????

edwin even said it him elf that they were basically looking to go mainstream so their music would appeal to everyone and they were never like that before !!!!! i dont know were i stand but i think they are selling out but yet im still listening to them because of the fact iv liked them for so long :S

i knew foals before they were on skins and thats when people started ti notice them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Jesus but i hate this bull**** about knowing a band for longer than someone else. It doesn't ****ing matter. It's a competition to win tickets same rules for everyone grow up and get on with it, i have no tickets, i entered like everyone else alas my number didn't come up.

And as for selling out, what is the main objective of a band - to mae music. Ask any band would they like new poeple to hear there music, and the answer is going to be yes. This is not selling out,Iggy Pop selling me car insurance on Dave is selling out.

Also complaining about a free gig saying people should just buy tickets, i've heard it all now.

Obviously Foals couldn't make another anitdotes as that would have been boring and not very smart, instead they changed their sound a bit, this new album is not radio friendly it's pretty decent , there's more depth to the songs, the lyrics are a bit trite in places but overall a very good follow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

lordgoat wrote: »
    Jesus but i hate this bull**** about knowing a band for longer than someone else. It doesn't ****ing matter. It's a competition to win tickets same rules for everyone grow up and get on with it, i have no tickets, i entered like everyone else alas my number didn't come up.

At the same time if you won tickets and were a fan of the band you don't want to be at a gig where half the crowd aren't listening but talking loud and being annoying douchebags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ButchCassidy

WOOOOOOOOOOO! Tickets on 2 different email addresses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

WOOOOOOOOOOO! Tickets on 2 different email addresses :D

Thanks for signing up just to tell us that.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I never agreed with the whole, "i'm a real fan, give me the tickets instead" logic.

Fan A who only knows the radio/tv hits of the band has as much of a right to be there as Fan B who has known them since they found them on MySpace many moons ago.

Sure you'll get a few people who are just tagging along because its free, but thats a minority, vast majority of people would have applied because they knew the band in some shape or form.

About them selling out to Heineken or whatever, I would be surprised if Foals had much input whether or not to play the gig, most likely down to their label agreements.

(little side note, it was always going to be packed on the night, as its free, so lots of potential new fans for Foals, which is what they want)

yes true words spoken by you i should of stated that i thought the same as you in my reply its never going to change you know
    the way i look at it is say you like a band and there really kool,great sounds and everything then you see a stereo typical idiot thats singing it when your at a party or whatever and their saying they love this song and when you say what do you think of this song and this album and their like what i only like this one song but yet there saying they love them etc. . .that annoys me and i know it annoys other people

people have every right to like a band dont get me wrong and i think its great that foals are getting more fans thats great but my point about the hole buying the tickets wasnt meant in a harsh way or anything like that just meant it would give the chance to people that have liked them for a good while and have a genuine interest in them to see them again rather than applying for them and loosing out you know just like a few of my friends
    lordgoat wrote: »

And as for selling out, what is the main objective of a band - to mae music. Ask any band would they like new poeple to hear there music, and the answer is going to be yes. This is not selling out,Iggy Pop selling me car insurance on Dave is selling out.

Also complaining about a free gig saying people should just buy tickets, i've heard it all now.

Obviously Foals couldn't make another anitdotes as that would have been boring and not very smart, instead they changed their sound a bit, this new album is not radio friendly it's pretty decent , there's more depth to the songs, the lyrics are a bit trite in places but overall a very good follow up.

i think its childish saying awww iv liked them longer all that stuff but i have my ticket im just standing by the likes of my friends that didnt get tickets and theres people going that know the one song and probly wont go join in on the hole foals buzz like last few times they played and thoses poeple will probly just stand dere and drink because they probly dont know half of the songs:) but after they will they will think there amazing haha

iggy pop selling car insurance isnt selling out ;) surelly thats just making a living like the foals playin heiniken
    At the same time if you won tickets and were a fan of the band you don't want to be at a gig where half the crowd aren't listening but talking loud and being annoying douchebags.

this has happened to me before and it bloody annoys me and im the type to go over say say something , i dont wont to be at a gig ill enjoy and have a great laugh with people talking and dopes i hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HeinekenMusic: Ed

Hi guys,
    I understand there will be a lot of disappointed people out there who didn't get tickets, this will always be the case when we have limited capacity and a lot of applications.

I will have a couple of tickets to give away for boardies over the next couple of days. (I always have a few put aside for this)
    I will also let you know where else any competitions fall.

As for giving them away on a first come first served basis, if we did this we would definitely have a backlash from people who couldn't get online at the time. We reckon leaving it open for a couple of weeks is a bit fairer.
    If anyone has any other thoughts on ways to improve the process

I just have one thing to say on the new Vs old fan debate.
    As anyone who has been to a GS show will testify, the atmosphere has never suffered from having 'new fans' 'talking, who don't know the words etc' present.
    Don't take my word for it though, check out these vids from the last two to get a taster.(youtube links won't embed for some reason)
    White Lies at Green Spheres
    Passion Pit at Green Spheres

Can't really argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

OMG i didnt get tickets!!!!

i went to see blur in hyde pk last year and foals were supporting them they were like amazying really really good. the only sad thing is that i dont think anyone really knew who they were!!! and i was like all excited to see them aswell as blur!!!!

HeinekenMusic (Ed) i will be your bestfriend!!! i will do x factor and give you a big sympathy story.... em let me see my dog ate my gold fish before my mother acidently ran him over with the car.... she broke her foot and cant walk again. also and i really cared about the gold fish and songs by foals makes me happy when im missing that fish

so if anyone wants to console me with tickets to foals i would appreciate this! i dont need 3 only 2 :(
    rip Goldie :(

jjjade wrote: »

HeinekenMusic (Ed) i will be your bestfriend!!! i will do x factor and give you a big sympathy story.... em let me see my dog ate my gold fish before my mother actidently ran him over with the car.... she broke her foot and cant walk again. also and i really cared about the gold fish and songs by foals makes me happy when im missing that fish

rip Goldie :(

All that story is missing is a soundtrack of 'You raise me up' by Westlife.

Afraid no ammount of begging will help. I will have a few to give away here soon though. So keep an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jjjade

westlife? gross!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I will have a couple of tickets to give away for boardies over the next couple of days. (I always have a few put aside for this)
    I will also let you know where else any competitions fall.

Awesome :D Heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Hey HeinekenMusic,

I missed out on White Lies tickets back in December after orginally being told my place was secured (due to the server error I believe...) and was then told that I would be put on the priority list for the next Dublin GreenSpheres gig.

I applied as normal for the Foals tickets but have not yet recieved anything and I was wondering if indeed there is a priority list for this gig for those let down by the White Lies affair?

I already sent two emails to the contact address on your site but have not yet heard anything back and was just wondering if you could shed some light on this?

Cheers :)

• Advertisement

yes true words spoken by you i should of stated that i thought the same as you in my reply its never going to change you know
    the way i look at it is say you like a band and there really kool,great sounds and everything then you see a stereo typical idiot thats singing it when your at a party or whatever and their saying they love this song and when you say what do you think of this song and this album and their like what i only like this one song but yet there saying they love them etc. . .that annoys me and i know it annoys other people

people have every right to like a band dont get me wrong and i think its great that foals are getting more fans thats great but my point about the hole buying the tickets wasnt meant in a harsh way or anything like that just meant it would give the chance to people that have liked them for a good while and have a genuine interest in them to see them again rather than applying for them and loosing out you know just like a few of my friends

i think its childish saying awww iv liked them longer all that stuff but i have my ticket im just standing by the likes of my friends that didnt get tickets and theres people going that know the one song and probly wont go join in on the hole foals buzz like last few times they played and thoses poeple will probly just stand dere and drink because they probly dont know half of the songs:) but after they will they will think there amazing haha

iggy pop selling car insurance isnt selling out ;) surelly thats just making a living like the foals playin heiniken

this has happened to me before and it bloody annoys me and im the type to go over say say something , i dont wont to be at a gig ill enjoy and have a great laugh with people talking and dopes i hate it

to be honest i find your whole attitude in this thread completely snobbisy, the whole oh my friends are real fans and they deserve tickets really annoys the hole off me. They entered the competition like everyone else, they had as much chance as getting a ticket as anyone else. What gives you the right to say they deserve a ticket any more than anyone else? You're also commenting on the crowd/atmosphere being **** before the gig has happened.

The bit i've bolded happens at the vast majority of gig i've been to, happens more at some less at others, deal with it. By all means to give out about it but if you let it ruin your gig before you've even gone to it, that's just a bit silly really.

@homer
    People talk at every gig, be it free or not, it happens. I wouldn't want it to happen at any gig i was at be it free or be it, it does annoy me if it beomces too much of a problem i'd just move a little bit away.

if you met me face to face with me and went for a drink i think you'd find out that im the least snobbish person thats going. i just said that in my post as an opinnion everyones aloud have there opinion man but the way your cursing is kind of bad attitude i made my point and another user got back to me on thread and points were made in a calm way not cursing and jumping down my throat ??? i think some comments that are made on ere are taken way to serious man

wasnt putting the gig down atall iv been at their previous concerts and i know what the atmosphere is like so i dont think i will be let down but we'll see :D:D:D

if you met me face to face with me and went for a drink i think you'd find out that im the least snobbish person thats going. i just said that in my post as an opinnion everyones aloud have there opinion man but the way your cursing is kind of bad attitude i made my point and another user got back to me on thread and points were made in a calm way not cursing and jumping down my throat ??? i think some comments that are made on ere are taken way to serious man

wasnt putting the gig down atall iv been at their previous concerts and i know what the atmosphere is like so i dont think i will be let down but we'll see :D:D:D

You change your mind every second post.
    First of all with the we've liked them longer than everyone else so we should get tickets attitude.

One minute you're saying the atmosphere is going to be **** the next saying it's going to be great.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but when someone changes theirs every second post it kind of makes arguing with the pointless.

Yes i used the word s-hit in my last post, if that offended you :rolleyes:

Hey HeinekenMusic,

I missed out on White Lies tickets back in December after orginally being told my place was secured (due to the server error I believe...) and was then told that I would be put on the priority list for the next Dublin GreenSpheres gig.

I applied as normal for the Foals tickets but have not yet recieved anything and I was wondering if indeed there is a priority list for this gig for those let down by the White Lies affair?

I already sent two emails to the contact address on your site but have not yet heard anything back and was just wondering if you could shed some light on this?

Cheers :)

Heya,
    We are looking at these now. Will drop you a PM.

god i should really keep track of this :rolleyes: hmmm

you used bullsh*t and f*cking i dont care about cursing but it does bother me they way i said my opinion and you just replied straight in with :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Woo, got the tickets. Thank you Heineken guys. Could I ask what time the gig is over at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gary Don

Hey Ed, great job with the line up for this one. Two of my favourite bands. Applied but didn't get ticket :( Are there any more chances to get our hands on one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

o happy days got me 3 tickets :) delighted :)

As usual I have a couple of tickets put aside for Boardies (2 pairs)

If you fancy a pair finish the sentence in 20 words or less:
    I should have the Foals tickets because....

(will also have some to give away on facebook next week)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I should have the Foals tickets because Heineken don't do ticket giveaways but if they did they would..........oh crap wrong company.

Advertisement