Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Potato Peeler

Options
  • 02-03-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Are these any good and if so can anyone recommend one

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

They'd be certainly convenient if you needed potatoes peeled in bulk (5kg+), otherwise the best peeler I can recommend is the Oxo "Y" Peeler, it's around €8 in Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nah, the Rolls-Royce, or should that be Bugatti Veyron, of potato peelers is the Westmark Pomfix ...

http://www.westmark-en.com/1/Sparschaeler,%20Peeler,%20Pomfix,%206045,%20Techno-Fix,%201306.html

The nice thing about it is that it has a curved blade, thus minimizing the amount of material removed whe you peel. I've had mine for over 20 years now and still going strong. You can even buy replacement blades for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Alun wrote: »
    Nah, the Rolls-Royce, or should that be Bugatti Veyron, of potato peelers is the Westmark Pomfix ...

http://www.westmark-en.com/1/Sparschaeler,%20Peeler,%20Pomfix,%206045,%20Techno-Fix,%201306.html

The nice thing about it is that it has a curved blade, thus minimizing the amount of material removed whe you peel. I've had mine for over 20 years now and still going strong. You can even buy replacement blades for them.
    that link is not working:(

gonker wrote: »
    that link is not working:(
    Sneaky buggers changed their website on me .. it was working when I posted it, honest!

Anyway go to http://www.my-catalog.at/E121742/ and look on page 9 of the 'electronic catalogue' they now have up there instead. It's Item no 6045.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,506 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not sure if they ship to Ireland but you can buy it here, Alun :)

we6045l.jpg

This crowd in the US do ship to Ireland.

I've used a LIDL electric peeler for a while now. Works well and €6.99 is very cheap. When it breaks, I'll get the Westmark peeler.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Not sure if they ship to Ireland but you can buy it here, Alun :)
    Don't need to .. I've already got one, which was why I was singing it's praises :)

BTW Westmark do all kinds of handy little gadgets, and I have a few including an asparagus peeler (for the white asparagus common on the continent, but sadly seeing little use here seeing as all asparagus here seems to be of the green variety) and a cherry stoner.

Advertisement