Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I'll be votin FF

Options
  • 02-03-2010 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

(1) Economic recovery is starting
    (2) I don't trust them Fine Galers to do their job
    (3) Another economic boom
    (4) Humane, yet tough talking leadership, e.g. Brian Cowen
    (5) Creative and intelligent, e.g. Lenny

and so on. Sure i'm hearing criticism of them on a daily basis, but I just cant picture any of the others doing a job. Its easy to be in opposition, its even harder keeping record with past masters.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Wouldn't really expect anything different, tbh.

As long as you're in a minority, no real harm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

What do you mean by this?

This is the main thing that's standing for FF these days imo. The amount of people who subscribe to it is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

I just cant picture any of the others doing a job.

There are plenty of academic papers which document the affect known as Battered Wife syndrome. The wife knows things are bad but can't bring herself to leave because of a fear that other men could be worse. FF have been in power so long that people can't imagine the others in power because it never happens. People then think that this means the others are worse and never vote for them.

I won't be voting FF because they have a demonstrably poor record. Their history of not making tough decisions until it's too late, of pandering to vested interests and of being more interested in "plans" and "committees" than actually doing anything is why I'm making my decision. Do I know if FG or any other party will be any better? No. But I'll give them a go instead of hiding under a rock and hoping FF don't beat me too badly again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

and so on. Sure i'm hearing criticism of them on a daily basis, but I just cant picture any of the others doing a job. Its easy to be in opposition, its even harder keeping record with past masters.

1) Links? Proof?
    2) Thats not a reason to vote FF.
    3) Thats just point 1 rehashed.
    4) Brian Cowen? Leadership? dont make me laugh
    5) Lenny is indeed creative... at making sure all their friends dont lose money.

I mean you have 4 reasons there... 2 of which are debatable and the other 2 need proof. I'll let you decide which is which.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thats your prerogative, but why others will now vote different than you, has been done to death and by the next election (will be again), the next few new taxes come into place, you choice will learn hopefully what its like to sit on the opposition side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

New Poster comes on, Starts the Always Classic "Why I vote FF" thread We've seen time and again....

I mean at some point I have to ask how I know if you're not a member of FF yourself, hitting up popular places like boards.ie to propagandize support.

I guess the Mr. Burns avatar doesnt help your case much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'd rather have a soft talking, but proactive leader, than a tough talking but lilly livered leader any day, in fact it's hard to see any leadership in the current lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BennyBlanko

LOL..........well, thanks Tommy, I was having a shyte day,but this made me laugh.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

DrumSteve wrote: »
    1) Links? Proof?
    2) Thats not a reason to vote FF.
    3) Thats just point 1 rehashed.
    4) Brian Cowen? Leadership? dont make me laugh
    5) Lenny is indeed creative... at making sure all their friends dont lose money.

I mean you have 4 reasons there... 2 of which are debatable and the other 2 need proof. I'll let you decide which is which.

I was going to say sounds like Brian sent along recruiters :D

And who calls them our masters :rolleyes::eek: lol very funny sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

markpb wrote: »
    There are plenty of academic papers which document the affect known as Battered Wife syndrome. The wife knows things are bad but can't bring herself to leave because of a fear that other men could be worse. FF have been in power so long that people can't imagine the others in power because it never happens. People then think that this means the others are worse and never vote for them.

I won't be voting FF because they have a demonstrably poor record. Their history of not making tough decisions until it's too late, of pandering to vested interests and of being more interested in "plans" and "committees" than actually doing anything is why I'm making my decision. Do I know if FG or any other party will be any better? No. But I'll give them a go instead of hiding under a rock and hoping FF don't beat me too badly again in the future.

+1,000,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Silly moo mispelled Baitman when he signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

toiletduck wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?

Well, receivers and liquidators have never been busier winding companies up. They are having a lovely economic boom currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

Silly moo mispelled Baitman when he signed up.

Couldn't be this chap could he?
    http://www.politics.ie/chat/81003-tom-patrick-bateman-says-bye-bye-again.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Tommy Bateman please, please stop saying 'Lenny' it makes my face sad.

And creative and intelligent, what is he the next Yeats?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Thanks TB, entertaining as always.

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Howya Tommy !
    We crossed swords a few times on P.ie ;)
    Is Cochrane still refusing to let new people sign on ? First time I ever saw an internet forum that refuses new members !:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I would say that in the near future you'll be in a straight jacket. This country is in mess because of who you support and who support them. You should be all ashamed of yourselves, what you all are is something that rhymes with bankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

transylman wrote: »

I think its the same guy (can see the cached pages without logging in).
    Ok chaps, for a little personal amusement I will have to admit to using a few different users over the past couple of months with various levels of obnoxious personas. Why you may ask? Another little project I am working on, a book of sorts on internet blogging, boards etc....hush hush at the moment you understand ! So the following chappies will sign off now.....some already banned of course.......Jefferson9115, MMFF, Tompatrick, reknaw.

His nonsense doesn't bother me too much, (it does bother me that people engage with him as if he is a serious poster) but I would've thought it would bother the mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

By voting FF - you are excusing them of their inaction, and failure to bring accountability to those who deserved it.

That's democracy I suppose. You're entitled to your vote, but I'm going to cancel it with my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

I think its the same guy (can see the cached pages without logging in).

His nonsense doesn't bother me too much, (it does bother me that people engage with him as if he is a serious poster) but I would've thought it would bother the mods

Well from the various comments i have seen DC make on the subject multiple identities especially with links to known IP's of political offices were not unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

aka I love people who inherit seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

This would be a bad thing. Have we learned nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Stop replying and use the report.gif button.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Wouldn't really expect anything different, tbh.

As long as you're in a minority, no real harm done.
    Don't worry, I'll be voting for anyone but FF. So our votes will cancel out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I put it down to regression towards the mean if it's true. Evidence?

Oh joy, the last one worked out so well. Will be the arrangements be made in tents at the Galway races again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Honestly, why do people keep rising to the bait? There is an ignore option you know. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭patmar

In the absence of plans to correct problems in our economy from the opposition I have decided to vote FF in next election. Your points remind me of the extra million added to the workforce and full employment under FF. Cannot see the opposition doing anything like that. I remember the 80's very well and they came to power claiming they were the answer to the FF evil. The problems multiplied ! In fact I remember well the national debt was 12b when they arrived and it had doubled to 24b before they left !
    Seems I owe an apology to FF !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

patmar wrote: »
    In the absence of plans to correct problems in our economy from the opposition I have decided to vote FF in next election. Your points remind me of the extra million added to the workforce and full employment under FF. Cannot see the opposition doing anything like that. I remember the 80's very well and they came to power claiming they were the answer to the FF evil. The problems multiplied ! In fact I remember well the national debt was 12b when they arrived and it had doubled to 24b before they left !
    Seems I owe an apology to FF !

Try to build up more than 18 posts before agreeing with yourself TB. It's just too obvious, you could string them along for ages if you do it right.......

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭drBill

Astonishing and a bit saddening the number of people prepared to vote for the party which has destroyed the country rather than a party which might destroy it. That's the sort of mentality which keeps the fat cats happy.
    But maybe he's just winding us up, so not going to let it get my blood pressure up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement