Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi Does A Noddy Car

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

<vomit>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭positron

That Audi would have looked awesome in 1980! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

Saab Ed wrote: »
    S4 alloys and a Sat-Nav aerial on the roof along with the tinted windows :p

Don't forget the RS4 badge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

If this didnt have an Audi badge on it , it would be slated. This thing is way wide of the mark IMO but no doubt it will sell in bucket loads. Wonder what it will look like in 6 or 7 years time with some S4 alloys and a Sat-Nav aerial on the roof along with the tinted windows :p
    Agree 100% - As long as there's an RS1 replica kit it'll sell well. There seems to be more "RS4"s around than A4s....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Am I the only one who thinks it's not that bad? Quite funky, a proper baby Audi :D

The plastic chrome or silver over the side windows is a very bad touch though...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

unkel wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks it's not that bad? Quite funky, a proper baby Audi :D

The plastic chrome or silver over the side windows is a very bad touch though...

I agree its not a bad looking car if you take the silver pillars off it. About time there was a decent small audi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Audi Does A Noddy Car
    Did you forget about the A2? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Why did they chose a HIDEOUS colour for this promo pic?! Red/White/Green/Black anything would have been better besides ****en pink!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

About time they had a sub compact car. The A2 was not a sub compact. It was a prelude to the days of Qashqai, Kuga etc without the high wheelbase.

I kind of like it. The Paddy Spec one will be awful though unless you go Sport or S-Line I'd wager.

Its not actually a bad looking car if you look past that disaster of a colour. Id like to see one in a normal colour before making up my mind on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I like it.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

If this didnt have an Audi badge on it , it would be slated. This thing is way wide of the mark IMO but no doubt it will sell in bucket loads. Wonder what it will look like in 6 or 7 years time with some S4 alloys and a Sat-Nav aerial on the roof along with the tinted windows :p

8928347.jpg

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110030224844/first-look-audi-a1-s-line-sport-package/lowphotos#4
    tinted windows may be outlawed in a few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

Its not actually a bad looking car if you look past that disaster of a colour. Id like to see one in a normal colour before making up my mind on it.
    +1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Did you forget about the A2? :)

Its the Ugly offspring of the A2 *Shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

both are dreadful looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

At least the A2 had substance. This is nothing but a little automotive fashion trinket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I like it. It's like a baby a3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A1

Nothing like the a2

audi-a1.jpg

a2009286112555326.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Quite meaty and aggressive. Sure thing, Audi is pitching this against the MINI. Looking forward to some head to head test / reviews :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I like it. Imagine it will be eye wateringly expensive for what you get though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If this didnt have an Audi badge on it , it would be slated.

No matter what badge is on that thing, its gonna get slated lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Both of the pics in jaffa's post show what it should have looked like, the pic in Saab_eds post lacks some of the subtle stuff that makes all the difference - it's either the worst angle of the car or it's lost some stuff from concept to reality.
    The D pillar in the silver car is completely different to red and silver car, and the blue is subtly different!
    The silver and blue cars look meaty and aggressive (arches,D pillar, less roundy roof line) as unkel said, but the red/silver thing is a toy car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

It was inevitable that Audi would spin something off the Polo/Fabia/Ibiza platform (I think it looks quite like a Seat anyway). This is about lowering the marques "average" CO2 figures as much as anything else. Don't be surprised if you see a "City Lambo" or "Bentley for the city" in the future for the same reasons. BTW, the Aston Cygnet is actually a Toyota IQ.

Advertisement