Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console Gaming Café?

Options
  • 02-03-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any gaming cafés around Galway that have XBoxes or PS3s? From what I gather the Port and SquareEyes only deal with PCs.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Haven't seen one of them since Gamezone back in the day, there was one in Tuam and Galway. Back then we where all to poor to afford consoles so they had a purpose but I wouldn't think there;s any call for them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

They do seem to do pretty well in most places I've seen them. The Xtreme Gaming Café in Dublin, and Gamesnash in Meath for instance.
    Alas the only one that I knew in Galway was Wired beside the Roisín Dubh which was not so fortunate. Cheers though!

(And I miss Gameszone =( )

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wired is back but I'm not sure about consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Magnus wrote: »
    Wired is back but I'm not sure about consoles.

Nope, Wired had to close again, sign of the times: http://www.wiredgaming.eu/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=5&id=1355

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

square eyes have some consoles if i remember but not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

[][]Eyes:pac: Do, im going down there tomorrow night, il ask Ronan what the deal is if you like OP. Nazi Zombies....Best game ever:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

square eyes have some consoles if i remember but not sure.
    All of the PC's in squareyes have xbox360 controllers set up on them and the pc's are all obviously networked together.

Better than consoles IMO. They have 2 console rooms, but they are set up for rock band, although there is nothing stopping you play other games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

All of the PC's in squareyes have xbox360 controllers set up on them and the pc's are all obviously networked together.

Better than consoles IMO. They have 2 console rooms, but they are set up for rock band, although there is nothing stopping you play other games too.
    That could be it alright, when you have the xbox controller and games for windows the games acts allot like it would on the xbox 360 only with better everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Steyr wrote: »
    [][]Eyes:pac: Do, im going down there tomorrow night, il ask Ronan what the deal is if you like OP. Nazi Zombies....Best game ever:D
    I emailed them this morning, and it looks like they have two PS3s with plans on getting 2 360s in the near future.
    Better than consoles IMO.
    The reason I'm asking about this is I'm hoping to get some Street Fighter players in for a few games. Most of them use big fancy arcade sticks and after some of their modifications they dont always work with PCs unfortunately.

Advertisement