Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hounded by Collie

Options
  • 02-03-2010 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

I was out hoovering the car an hour ago - caught a movement out of the corner of my eye and there was The Collie sitting in the car. Hooshed him out and he wouldn't go away, so just ignored him, though I had a job keeping him from hopping back into the car.

I finished up and once I was in the house, The Collie tried to open the front door - as posted previously, he can actually push the handle down - I have a Yale lock as well (thankfully) so he couldn't get in and started howling in frustration, coming back and forth to the front door and hopping up to look in the front window. This has been going on sporadically for an hour now.

Its wearing a bit thin at this stage and my dogs are having a s**t fit so if anyone reading this knows him could they please let me know what the magic formula is to send him home - a plain "go home" doesnt seem to work. I'm hoping he doesnt howl right through the night like he did when he was around here last time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

WATER PISTOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

dog pound, adopt him, fill an empty windowlene sprayer with soapy water and spray it in his face

although, by the sounds of things he's adopted you, congratulations on your new dog :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

If I thought I could train him to make a cuppa, change a duvet cover, do the daily garden poo patrol, he'd be in :D

Its very funny to hear the front door handle rattle and realize its him, but only after the first twenty attempts :rolleyes: - and my dogs stand looking at the handle moving with their heads doing that doggie head-side-to-side thing, "this does not compute, he's one of us but its HIM trying to open the door ??", which is just as funny

Anyways, thanks folks, been trying the spray bottle and its having some affect in that he scarpers when he sees me coming with it......then sneaks back when he thinks I'm gone when in fact I'm lurking with the spray bottle in the porch.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Maisy wrote: »
    If I thought I could train him to make a cuppa, change a duvet cover, do the daily garden poo patrol, he'd be in :D

Its very funny to hear the front door handle rattle and realize its him, but only after the first twenty attempts :rolleyes: - and my dogs stand looking at the handle moving with their heads doing that doggie head-side-to-side thing, "this does not compute, he's one of us but its HIM trying to open the door ??", which is just as funny

Anyways, thanks folks, been trying the spray bottle and its having some affect in that he scarpers when he sees me coming with it......then sneaks back when he thinks I'm gone when in fact I'm lurking with the spray bottle in the porch.....:o

I know its not funny im sure he's worrying you but just had this vision of you looking out the window and seeing him driving off in your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Ring the dog pound, I am surprised they have not been out for him before now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

MrsA wrote: »
    Ring the dog pound, I am surprised they have not been out for him before now.

Where exactly is "the dog pound"? What's its official name?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

Where exactly is "the dog pound"? What's its official name?

There is a dog warden for Wicklow. His mobile number is not available to the public and he only works certain days per week and certain hours.As far as I know it has to be reported to the ISPCA.It is almost impossible to get a dog picked up in this country.It would be a shame to have this fella nabbed, he doesnt seem aggressive and is a bit of a character but I understand he is a nuisance! In my opinion there is no such thing as bad dogs just bad owners.

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I know its not funny im sure he's worrying you but just had this vision of you looking out the window and seeing him driving off in your car.

lol, after the door handle trick, he wouldn't surprise me if he did - I had an image of myself phoning the guards - "yes, thats what I said garda, I'm being harrassed by a lassie collie,.... whats that ?, no indeed, not a drop has passed my lips, though at this stage a medicinal brandy might be nice"

It went from being funny to actually being a bit upsetting because he would not go away, was freaking my dogs out and every time I went outside the door he poppped up.

MyPerfectCousin, there is a pound in Rathdrum but I wouldn't have the heart to phone him in because its a death sentence and I believe he has an owner -he is certainly in very good condition - I totally agree with G man, no bad dogs, only bad owners - I would just ask that his reign him in a bit, take him for a walk now and again so he doesnt get so obviously bored, and leave... me.... the... hell.... alone.... - where did I put the Hennessy...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Are your dogs in heat?? Seems like he can smell them and wants a bit of action :D

My boys lost their Family Jewels some time ago, they are neutered males so barking up the wrong tree my friend :D

• Advertisement

Gay-dog-dar???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Isn't this the same dog of so many postings, Sam or Doug or something, who lives in Burnaby Lawns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Rasmus wrote: »
    Isn't this the same dog of so many postings, Sam or Doug or something, who lives in Burnaby Lawns?

Yes I think so. It is a pity his owners don't care enough about him to ensure that he is safe, and to ensure the safety of others as they are at it. I know he is supposed to be a lovely friendly dog, but, he should not be out unless he is under the control of someone, that is the law.

I wonder how long it is until his lovely friendly nature knocks over a toddler or small child and hurts them?

His owners should be ashamed of themselves.

if i had a house i would adopt him!

Advertisement