Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Bookmakers

Options
  • 02-03-2010 5:06pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭

Any ideas where i could find information on how PP market themselves in terms of the "4 p's" ?. I need to get some info for a project and can't seem to get anything, emailed them but they were useless.

Any information/opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Firstly I'd imagine you'll have to examine the 7 P's because Paddy Power offer services rather than products. I'd imagine a lot of companies would be unwilling to divulge exactly how they market themselves, especially in such a competitive market so I would recommend you scan newspapers with ads (special offers, price boards), search the internet (they have a gallery of their old ads @ http://pp-gallery.com ) and visit a store or two.

Once you have this primary information, it should be easy enough to analyse their strategies based on journals online and other articles that are available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Have you tried contacting the company themselves? I lecture in Marketing (part-time) and I'm always amazed at the info. some students manage to unearth through direct contact. Often it's confidential, but they are still willing to share for college work. Worth a phone call!

Oh, and agree with previous poster - it's definitely a 7 P's company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GreenlightM

Remmber who they are targeting... mostly males... so this influences the marketing mix hugely.. also as a point of interest the estimate betting industry in Ireland is worth 5 billion euro yearly (yes billion). It's hard to get an exact figure as some much is now online but you can see why they will be gaurded about giving away too much info.

Good luck with the project

Advertisement