Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Blur Multiplayer Beta Access

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hey ive got 3 more beta tokens with a 48 hour gold trial too. next 3 signups on the site get em. Link in my sig if your interested.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Here are a few more codes:

CCYX-CF4W-6KJV-ZZLU
    ML7K-WTFG-ZCK7-ZQ6D
    XTZ9-QLTX-YCGL-D3X7

Send them to Blurthegame.com/beta to sign up

im a thanks whore FYI..........
    Just used that top code and the thanks button hit. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

anyone up for a boards blur beta session sometime soon? could be even better shooting lads you know off the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    anyone up for a boards blur beta session sometime soon? could be even better shooting lads you know off the forums.

Go's without saying this Wednesday is out.:D:D

Can't make any friday but i'd be up for it.

Someone did tell me to take a break from shooters.:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'd be up for it

• Advertisement

nice one, i was gonna suggest thursday at 8 but Ill be watching the liverpool game, maybe 10ish on wednesday/thursday?

if anyone has interest in this, please post here. Would need at least 6 players for a decent race although i do enjoy the smaller races myself, less chaos, more racing.

nice one, i was gonna suggest thursday at 8 but Ill be watching the liverpool game, maybe 10ish on wednesday/thursday?

if anyone has interest in this, please post here. Would need at least 6 players for a decent race although i do enjoy the smaller races myself, less chaos, more racing.

10 on Thursday sounds good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I'd be up for a multiplayer game :D
    Haven't played it yet..........:(

But i'd be busy thursday. Anyone up for another friday/saturday night by any chance? :D

I'd be up for a multiplayer game :D
    Haven't played it yet..........:(

But i'd be busy thursday. Anyone up for another friday/saturday night by any chance? :D

might be able friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm around all night Thurs+Fri. Great potential for great craic!

• Advertisement

id keep the idea of thurs at 10 open if anyone is interested. my gt is corcaigh09. friday could work too although i find weekend meets are unrelible due to drinking, sport etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

id keep the idea of thurs at 10 open if anyone is interested. my gt is corcaigh09. friday could work too although i find weekend meets are unrelible due to drinking, sport etc!

I am on board, myself and corcaigh had dam good craic in a session of it tonight, so i'd say with a few more there would be madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I'd be up for this too, just as long as it's not tonight while the match is on. Any other night is fine by me, my GT is dor83.

Parawind wrote: »
    I am on board, myself and corcaigh had dam good craic in a session of it tonight, so i'd say with a few more there would be madness.

even the one on one races were good craic, the one i won where you caught up and went past me with less than a half of a lap to go, id had a full inventory of weapons, i hit you with something like 5 bullets and a red rocket, i was delighted!

things only get too much when there is like 18 ppl racing, thats insane.

so is it Thursday night a 10 then

yep, we'll give it a go, ill add lads on here tomorrow and try and get the party started(literally) at 10 tomorrow night!

EDIT:oh shhhh....think im meeting the auld doll and getting messy drunk tomorrow night so im out. can you hold the fort dunworth1? hopefully a few lads will pop on...

yep, we'll give it a go, ill add lads on here tomorrow and try and get the party started(literally) at 10 tomorrow night!

EDIT:oh shhhh....think im meeting the auld doll and getting messy drunk tomorrow night so im out. can you hold the fort dunworth1? hopefully a few lads will pop on...

sure no prob

ok guys if you wanna get a game leave a comment here with your gamertag and i will add everybody tomorrow

dunworth1 wrote: »
    sure no prob

ok guys if you wanna get a game leave a comment here with your gamertag and i will add everybody tomorrow

sorry guys i cant make it tonight rain check tough

rank cap now up to lv.15...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

rank cap now up to lv.15...

Yeah but since nobody is playing it anymore its impossible to geta game with more than 5 people. Dunno why they waited 3-4 weeks to up the cap instead of doing it one week after the beta started when people were still playing

• Advertisement

dunno, me and parawind had a few races last night and there were plenty on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Now open to all!

Enjoying the game - good mix of Mario Kart and Need For Speed. Weapons aren't overpowered and many can be baited, blocked or avoided! Tracks are decent - not too many which is good in my opinion as I can actually get somewhat competitive without needing to practice 100's of tracks (I'm looking at you Forza!)

A bad thing is that we are seeing the influx of the 'level up' system. In a way, it's fine - gives something to aim for etc...but it essentially just rewards players who play more (not always the best). Of course that's what the developers want. I like the idea of 'challenges' (i.e. Use a powerup 10 times) but do not like that challenges are locked to ranks - if you're good / lucky enough, you can do it at any stage.

Also, I only got to play last night but decided to go for the Skirmish. 3,000 people online. "Great" I think...oh look, each server I join has a MAXIMUM of 6 people...In a game that boasts about fitting 20 in a server.

Did have great games though. Many coming down to the last corner / straight and uses of weaponry and powerups. Will keep playing away and hopefully it keeps my interest until the release.

Next issue: when will we see a demo of Split Second - both games due for release around the same time and look pretty similar. I will probably get one or the other (I'm probably kidding myself - I'll get both :D)

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Downloade it earlier and only now stopped playing it. It really brings you back to fun action racing games (ps/n64 era and earlier) and weapons give nice strategic feel to the game.

Most people i've had in a race was 14 and that was nearly too mental (espec if your in leading group and everything is coming flying at you!) and the average was about 8-9 with a few 4 player which were still fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Only played a little bit of the demo I'm afraid, but I loved what I played.

I've been a massive fan of Bizarre Creations since Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast. I was the first racing game that I played to death. Fast forward to the 360 generation (never had the original xbox) and I get PGR3 with my console. Loved it, then got PGR4, which I still reckon is the best racing game ever made.

I'll certainly buy Blur, no doubts about it. Bizarre know how to make a great racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

I've had it pre-ordered for quite a while now.

Its the first racing game in a long long time that's got me hooked so much.

Can't wait to see what the other tracks in the full game will be like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Tried the multiplayer beta last night. It's okay, I'm more looking forward to Split Second. Blur just seemed like a Kart racer with real cars to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

rizzla wrote: »
    Tried the multiplayer beta last night. It's okay, I'm more looking forward to Split Second. Blur just seemed like a Kart racer with real cars to me.
    I'd have to agree. I'll wait for Split/Second and go with whichever one feels better. Blur is good, but feels a little bit too much like a kart racer (as you said).

It's great that two strong arcade racing games are coming out at about the same time - I find that I don't have the patience for the more 'Sim'-type games (Forza, GT, etc.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

I played this late last night for a few hours and had lots of fun, even managed to win a race with twenty people in it.. I think I'll definitely be buying it.

:D

anyone for a boards race on the demo sometime soon or will we wait for the full game release?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tuffenuff

Found a good deal at Smyths, 800 Microsoft points if you pre order

http://www.blurgame.com/buy/ireland/

Anyone know of any other better offers?

Advertisement