Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil Servants still working overtime

• 02-03-2010 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

What a joke this must be- just overheard a conversation at my workplace that the Government Department next door has 100 civil servants on overtime this week. I thought our Civil Servants were on Industrial Action.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭letitroll

i dont get it are you happy or sad for them???

so what something needs doing quick put people on overtime

or are you unhappy they are breaking their industrial action

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

letitroll wrote: »
    i dont get it are you happy or sad for them???

so what something needs doing quick put people on overtime
    Because they could get this done in the regular hours when they're on a "go slow". Now they could be spending some of those regular hours on a go slow and making up that by doing overtime that could be paid out (we don't know the particulars). So that'd be an extra cost to the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭letitroll

well this guy OVERHEARD a conversation about the goverment department next door sounds like chinese whispers

Answer OP what department, where

Does he know their on a go slow or did he overhear that too

The above is a nothing post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Unsubstantiated "I heard"s isn't much of a basis for starting a conversation, let alone an ostensibly serious thread. Purple monkey dishwasher.

Locked for that obvious reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement