Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redtape Ireland

Options
  • 02-03-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I am in the process of creating a new website called REDTAPE IRELAND

This site will be a essential guide to foreign and indigenous companies encountering bureaucratic problems within Irish governmental departments and semi-state organisations.

It will be a practical site offering immediate advice and support to entrepreneurs encountering frustrating bureaucratic delays and barriers.

It will provide an environment and platform for entrepreneurs where the accurate and genuine situation will be explained and highlighted.

I am interested in fleshing out the below issues. Can you assist ?

Companies Registration Office ( CRO ).

The CRO is extremely slow in processing the forms of new firms. Take note that a company must have a business name registered with the CRO in order to open a bank account.

The current waiting time for a comapny to register a business name is 8 weeks.

limited companies

The current waiting time to register a new Ltd company in Ireland is 8 weeks.

Overseas Charities seeking to HQ in Ireland

It is close to impossibe to establish a charity in Ireland at this time. It currently take five years or more for legitimate Irish charities to be formalised. The registration is controlled by the office of the revenue commissioners.

Planning Process

For large commercial programmes the lead time is five years.

Telecoms
    _______

it currenlty takes 10 days for a network to network transfer. It is essential to choose one provider and never leave them. It is not competitive but ComReg has tied the hands of all. Eircom Wholesale are a soviet style telecom provider that control the lines.

The site wants to assist in this area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

bottomdog wrote: »
    I am in the process of creating a new website called REDTAPE IRELAND

This site will be a essential guide to foreign and indigenous companies encountering bureaucratic problems within Irish governmental departments and semi-state organisations.

It will be a practical site offering immediate advice and support to entrepreneurs encountering frustrating bureaucratic delays and barriers.

It will provide an environment and platform for entrepreneurs where the accurate and genuine situation will be explained and highlighted.

I am interested in fleshing out the below issues. Can you assist ?

Companies Registration Office ( CRO ).

The CRO is extremely slow in processing the forms of new firms. Take note that a company must have a business name registered with the CRO in order to open a bank account.

The current waiting time for a comapny to register a business name is 8 weeks.

limited companies

The current waiting time to register a new Ltd company in Ireland is 8 weeks.

Overseas Charities seeking to HQ in Ireland

It is close to impossibe to establish a charity in Ireland at this time. It currently take five years or more for legitimate Irish charities to be formalised. The registration is controlled by the office of the revenue commissioners.

Planning Process

For large commercial programmes the lead time is five years.

Telecoms
    _______

it currenlty takes 10 days for a network to network transfer. It is essential to choose one provider and never leave them. It is not competitive but ComReg has tied the hands of all. Eircom Wholesale are a soviet style telecom provider that control the lines.

The site wants to assist in this area

8 Weeks isn't a long time to wait to set up a company really. I don't know why it takes so long to set up a charity, perhaps something to do with their tax free status and to discourage fraudsters from using charities as vehicles to dodge revenue?

I don't like the idea of people riding roughshod over planning, large projects need to have their impacts fully assessed. In any case i doubt there will be significant commercial development in Ireland in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cqd2

You should maybe think about how they could lose the red tape around people getting social welfare there too...and college grants and stuff...shocking amounts of red tape..and these are real people who must eat etc...

Advertisement