Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help, deleted files from usb

• 02-03-2010 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

Would be reallly grateful if anyone could help me. I deleted a few files from my usb by accident, they are for a project I'm doing. The files did not go to the recycle bin, I done a system search and found the short cuts for them but they wont open.

Is there anyway I can find these again??

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

if you have not written any other files to the usb u might be able to recover them using a program from the net. Google 'recover deleted files' and u'll find a lot of different programs, some are free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I use a program called recuva whenever I need to recover deleted files. Its free and pretty straightforward to use. Like the previous poster said though if you have put any more files onto your USB key since the deletion then you may not be able to recover the files.

I use a program called recuva whenever I need to recover deleted files. Its free and pretty straightforward to use. Like the previous poster said though if you have put any more files onto your USB key since the deletion then you may not be able to recover the files.

thanks for that, hadn't used one of these programs for years so wasn't sure what to recommend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AHHHHH

Thanks for your replies. I have not saved anything else on to the USB since but i deleted them from my work computer which I cannot download software to. Do you know if that would still work if I tried from my own computer? Thanks again

AHHHHH wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. I have not saved anything else on to the USB since but i deleted them from my work computer which I cannot download software to. Do you know if that would still work if I tried from my own computer? Thanks again

Download the program and point it to the USB key it makes no difference what pc it is connected to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Yes. You should be able to plug the USB into your home computer and use the recovery software!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AHHHHH

Thank you sooooooooo much!!!! Fingers crossed!

Advertisement