Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just downgraded from Vista to XP now internet wont work

Options
  • 02-03-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

It looks like there's missing drivers... But i cant connect to the net to download them... I dont have a USB key..

I could put them in DVD and install from that... But i dont know which ones to get so I would be waisting loads of DVD's

anyone any ideas what i should try ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

If you're using a notebook and your wireless is dead then you can usually rely on ethernet to stand you well enough to download drivers... if it helps.

If your ethernet isn't working then you'll likely be best doing the DVD burn affair, sadly. Or borrowing a USB stick from somebody else ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

Chances is that you're missing the LAN driver. Did you have a chipset CD?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Nick a mate's USB stick and hog their web connection, find the latest XP drivers for your integrated LAN and/or wifi card on there, download to USB stick and transfer to your laptop. Simples ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you have a camera and a card reader thats always an option, I move stuff by SD between my netbook and desktop all the time.

Advertisement