Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options?

Options
  • 02-03-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there, could do with some advice and opions on choice of bike,bearing in mind insurance limitations!
    Before I start, dont worry, im not going to do what must have been done dozens of times before and start asking you guys for insurance quotes, all I want is an idea of what bikes I might be able to insure and also what my next steps are in order to broaden my choices, meaning, what are the requirments to advancing my license.
    Right, Im a 25 yr old guy, I only have my provisional license, Ive had this for two years at this stage. I bought a new kawasaki ninja 250r in 2008 and kept this insured for 5/6 months, cant rightly remember how long exactly. With the weather looking good over the last couple of weeks Im eager to get back on a bike for the summer.

What im looking to find out is what my options are for buying a bike now. There doesnt seem to be a comprehensive list around of what i can get insured on.
    Im open to any type of bike and although I know my options are very limited, bigger is better and something up the years, 02 on maybe. Budget would be around €4000 or thereabouts.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I'm 22, on a provisional and i ride a Fazer 600 '99 (restricted) i got mine for 2700, insurance with 2 years no claims with quinn was 800 euro a year.

When sitting your full license test, you need to take it on a bike larger than 125cc, as are the rules in our fooked up country. If you take the test on 125cc or less, you'll have a restricted full license for 125cc or less bikes, which is retarded. You'll have to resit the test on a larger bike to legally ride a larger bike.

Advertisement