Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems in Moylaragh, Balbriggan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moylaragh

Well I think it is important that people post what the political responses they get to the situation to give us an overall view of opinion on these matters.

Like I said, I am still waiting on Fingal but will report back with any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Alan Farrell was on here a while ago i am suprised he did not post something.

In case he missed us: alan.farrell@fingalcoco.ie

Wwll i have had an idea i was over on neighbours.ie. similar to this site. i was thinkin i might pop a leaflet into the doors with a link to the site. might actually be a good way of getting to know the neighbours. anyway going to pop up all the links you sent and we can get the ball rolling that way. easier to do in my estate as i only have 30 houses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Have to take matters into your own hands these days folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LaFleur

Hi all...

Has Moylaragh got a management company, or has parts of it been handed over to Fingal Coco?

Also, am i right in thinking that Fingal Coco have responsibility for the huge green site to the front of Moylaragh?

Specifically what areas are you saying needs to be looked after?

Sorry for all the questions, i live in Balbriggan, but not Moylargh.

Hi,

The huge field in front of Moylaragh is in the hands of Fingal who cut it on a regualr basis.

The apartments in Moylaragh are looked after by a Management Co.

Part of Moylaragh is Fingal and the other part in technically the developer - who is in a dispute with Fingal.

The worst area is when you enter Moylaragh, there is a fence which runs between Westbrook and Moylaragh which is completly overgown. None of the walkway areas have been cut and the area is a disgrace.

Also the developer has told me Fingal wont cut walkway areas.. I am awaiting Fingal's responce on this matter.

Where abouts are you Lafleur?

martin.sweeney@fingalcoco.ie

This is the person to write to in Fingal Co Co with any concerns relating to the maintence of local areas.

I just wrote to complain about the state of Moylaragh.

Moylaragh wrote: »
    Hi,

The huge field in front of Moylaragh is in the hands of Fingal who cut it on a regualr basis.

The apartments in Moylaragh are looked after by a Management Co.

Part of Moylaragh is Fingal and the other part in technically the developer - who is in a dispute with Fingal.

The worst area is when you enter Moylaragh, there is a fence which runs between Westbrook and Moylaragh which is completly overgown. None of the walkway areas have been cut and the area is a disgrace.

Also the developer has told me Fingal wont cut walkway areas.. I am awaiting Fingal's responce on this matter.

Where abouts are you Lafleur?

So i take it that the management company for the apartments just detail with internal matters etc, and not with outside stuff just as walkways and general up keep?

I am guessing that the developer has handed the estate over? In saying that I mean, Fingal County Council will deal with public lighting, footpaths and roads within the estate?

Having previously lived in an estate when the council were responsible, it was usually the residence that looked after the maintenance of the grounds and it's general up keep.

What you need to establish is if the developer actually owns any of the land in the estate, and pressure him to deal with it. In all other areas, the residences themselves should be caring for the area. A residence association should be formed if hasn’t been done so already.

People need to take the finger out and get things done the old fashioned way. Are people who are living in houses in Moylargh paying any fee at all for general up keep?

LaFleur wrote: »
    Having previously lived in an estate when the council were responsible, it was usually the residence that looked after the maintenance of the grounds and it's general up keep.

No way. i lived in estates where there was a lot of public space. are you saying that i get my flymo and start cutting grass fieldS?

i cut the grass outside my house. or as far as my extention lead reaches.

i have always seen tractors cutting areas of football pitches. people cannot be expected to have the capability to care for these grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Martron wrote: »
    No way. i lived in estates where there was a lot of public space. are you saying that i get my flymo and start cutting grass fieldS?

i have always seen tractors cutting areas of football pitches. people cannot be expected to have the capability to care for these grounds.

Fingal dont maintain all ground to the same level. I was in Balheary for a walk the other day and the grounds were in great condition for Hurling. St. Catherines pitch was a mess

If there could be some sort of waiver/permit to let clubs cut the pitchs the rent from the council this might mean they have more resources to put into places like Moylaragh and the other neglected open spaces the children cant safely play in. The club I am in own a tractor as we have 3 pitchs at our club house and I think we would share the cutting of grass in St. Catherines if we got a waiver from Fingal. Would also say if a residents assoc approached us for a small fee we would help them also. Again depending on Insurance waiver/permit.

Do ya ever see your man on the T.V cutting Croke Park with a little petrol mower? Off to Cardiff when he had it done. Very fit man

i not talking about fingal in that previous post. io would imagine there would be insuarance issues and even union trouble out sourcing fingal jobs like that.

anyway. its fine now while the grass is not going. this summer if it a warm one will be crazy

What fields are you talking about?!? The only big area I know of in that area is either the green site at the start of Moylaragh that runs beside the harry renoylds road, and of course the huge green site that runs along the Moylaragh Road.

This is the problem with people - they only look after what needs be as far as they are concerned. People need to start looking at their estate as a community - taking the figure out and getting ALL residence together. Who knows, god forbid, ye might even club together to buy a lawnmower that can reach a little bit further then your extension lead reaches at the moment!

you really are on a bit of a high horse when you say people should club together and buy a lawnmower and i am only lookin after the bit that bthers me.

in fact i have been trying for nearly 2 years to get the grass cut. i dont play football nor do i have kids but there is young families in the estate which i am sure would like the facility to play in short grass.

and as i have said in an earlier post where will it stop if people start cutting these massive grass patches will i have to buy a road paver when the road need resurfacing, a cherry picker when the bulb in the lamp post goes, if drains get blocked i roll up my sleeves and get on with it.......

i pay my taxes so these services are provided. so unless its passed by law that public areas have to be maintained by private individuals i will continue to campaign for the council to cut the grass and god forbid they come out and do THEIR job!!!

God that post really p1ssed me off.

Do you mind me asking LeFluer what area do you live in? is it maintained?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

This is the problem with people - they only look after what needs be as far as they are concerned. People need to start looking at their estate as a community - taking the figure out and getting ALL residence together. Who knows, god forbid, ye might even club together to buy a lawnmower that can reach a little bit further then your extension lead reaches at the moment!

Jeasus I will pass your post on to An Bord Snip;)

Have to agree with Martron on this. He (Martron) obviously keeps around his house clean and neat. Problem with people like Martron is when neighbours see them doing it they leave them at it. Like most clubs and associations its nearly always left to the same few. "A willing horse is always harnessed".

There is one estate behind wher I live and the managment company maintain it very well. There are a few other where I have seen parents out with mowers cutting out a Tennis Court or a little green for Pitch and putt. What a joke

the same answer from finagl is that its an ongoing matter.

surely they can realese a schedule of what they are doing. what level estates are at in the hand over process. and a rough time frame. surely its a waste of time and resources for fingal and local politicians answering constant phone calls and emails.

and leo thats exactly what does happen and unfortunatley in an eastate like mine where it is 50/50 rental/owners its hard to maintain a level of maintainance.

and you are dead right too. if the neighbout see you cleaning up ( unless they help) will leave you to it.

i would be afraid though that if fingal came to inspect the place and saw that we had cut the grass ( not that we could) they would consider us less of a priority

and you are dead right too. if the neighbout see you cleaning up ( unless they help) will leave you to it.

i would be afraid though that if fingal came to inspect the place and saw that we had cut the grass ( not that we could) they would consider us less of a priority

God, why are people SOOO friggin lazy. You want something done a certain way - and yet you want other people to do the work (ie fingal coco) Your last comment is so pathetic. You rather your area look sh1te just in case fingal county council do finally take an interest in your estate. You could be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Look, in this life things are always left to the very few who want to get things done, make change, make their community a better place to live. You will never get 100% participation in anything...and community tidy ups are exactly the same.

I was up there today. I had a drive about. I still can’t see where all these "fields" are?!

God, why are people SOOO friggin lazy. You want something done a certain way - and yet you want other people to do the work (ie fingal coco) Your last comment is so pathetic. You rather your area look sh1te just in case fingal county council do finally take an interest in your estate. You could be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Look, in this life things are always left to the very few who want to get things done, make change, make their community a better place to live. You will never get 100% participation in anything...and community tidy ups are exactly the same.

I was up there today. I had a drive about. I still can’t see where all these "fields" are?!
    you drive up there to find fields but you could hav saved yourself a trip by reading my posts and see i am not from there. i am not lazy. I am only looking for a service that i paid for. If you were paying for electricity and it was never supplied you trying to tell me you would not complain to the esb. . . . . . Oh thats right you would go and buy your own generator and supply the whole town. Give me a break. I look after my own grass and grass i can reach. What is pathetic is the high horse attitude that you seem to have about people having to buy their own machinery to maintain public areas. You need to take a step back and look at what you are saying. Some of if grass patches in fingal are massive. People are not talking about the little strips out side house (which i can seein most cases are maintained). Its this attitude also which is allowing the council to ignore its duties. And for the record i have been waiting a long time for it to be done and i would maintain it myself but i know for one i cant afford the hire of a lawn mower. Besides i can see you are only seeing what you want from my posts and i am not going to entertain your attitude any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OK folks - step back from the thread, take a few deep breaths & then get back on topic about Moylaragh.

Thanks,

HB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Moylaragh wrote: »
    There is no maintence of the Moylaragh estate since last year.

The landscaping is non existant and the place is becomming over run with long grass which people are starting to dump rubbish in.

I want the area sorted. Included in the price of the house was the maintance of the area.

Fingal have told me the area is still owned by Newlyn developers and it is their job to look after it.

The person in particular is Kevin Barnes - Ph: 4264777. Who is always "unavailable/on another call etc. The also will not give out his direct line.

I am so frustrated about this. I have a child and want it to be a nice place to live but the area has gone to sh!t!!

I am looking for other people who are concerned about the area to contact the developers, namely Mr. Kevin Barnes and our local TD's to sort this problem out. Nobody will do this for us!!!

You can contact me through boards or moylaraghresidentsbalbriggan@gmail.com.

Thank you.

I live in Moylaragh myself and would be interested in becoming involved with the residents committee. I pay my management fee every year (live in an apartment) but see no benefits of it. My area is a mess. I was told that because others arent paying it, they dont have the money to pay for the cleaning and maintanence!!!!

I know the AGM is coming up soon (havnt recieved any info from Management Agent yet) and would be keen to talk to other residents about all outstanding issues to be dealt with

I was walking up this way yesterday, took a quick pic.

As someone who uses this road most days, and for anyone coming into the area, whether its to shop in Dunnes, drop children to school, or visit family and friends - they are greeted by the imagine I’ve attached.

Honestly it’s not the most inviting. Given the fact people do maintain their area in the estates further back, the residence / management company for Moylargh seem to let the area down.

In the picture you’ll see the unfinished landscaping, no grass on the left of the picture. The broken utilities box on the stairs, the filth of same with a lack of cleaning or non painting. Not to mention the bags of rubbish residence seem to store on the balconies.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

That picture sums up those people living in those apartments.I walk past there every day and it's always a mess with cars often been towed away for various reasons

It's the start of moylaragh and first impressions last.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

I walk past where that photo was taken and the smell of sewage that is seeping from a man hole cover on the path is awful !!!

I was walking up this way yesterday, took a quick pic.

As someone who uses this road most days, and for anyone coming into the area, whether its to shop in Dunnes, drop children to school, or visit family and friends - they are greeted by the imagine I’ve attached.

Honestly it’s not the most inviting. Given the fact people do maintain their area in the estates further back, the residence / management company for Moylargh seem to let the area down.

In the picture you’ll see the unfinished landscaping, no grass on the left of the picture. The broken utilities box on the stairs, the filth of same with a lack of cleaning or non painting. Not to mention the bags of rubbish residence seem to store on the balconies.
    groomek wrote: »
    That picture sums up those people living in those apartments.I walk past there every day and it's always a mess with cars often been towed away for various reasons

It's the start of moylaragh and first impressions last.

LaFleur & groomek - How would you like it if someone posted an image of your home on the net & made the same sort of demeaning comments about you? I don't think that you'd be too pleased.

Hill Billy wrote: »
    LaFleur & groomek - How would you like it if someone posted an image of your home on the net & made the same sort of demeaning comments about you? I don't think that you'd be too pleased.

Sure, I wouldn’t be pleased. (going to sound like a complete asshole now) But then again, that wouldn’t happen to me, I unlike others have a certain amount of self-respect and pride in the upkeep of my home and area.

Maybe the picture has helped. Is see the cover is back on the utilities box, albeit a broken cover.

I'd consider it a gross invasion of my privacy. Particularly as the car registrations are quite visible & therefore the car owers (& home owners for that matter) may be wrongly associated with the comments & insinuations made.

Also, the homeowners may not necessarily be responsible for the broken utilities box.
    They also may not be allowed touch up the exterior paintwork.
    They also may not be allowed to carry out any works to the verges.

That's a very wide brush that's been used to tar some of the residents up there. I'm sure that same state of affairs is common through estates around the country, however, by inclusion of that pic of easily identifiable residences/cars you have made it personal to those residents rather than kept it as a general discussion of the area.

I'd consider it a gross invasion of my privacy.
    And thats fine, i respect your opinion.
    Particularly as the car registrations are quite visible & therefore the car owers (& home owners for that matter) may be wrongly associated with the comments & insinuations made.
    If this is of concern to you I will happily accept the picture come down, and it could be replaced with one i can blur out the car registrations.

I would also add this is just a picture taken at a moment in time, at no time did i infer that the owners of these cars are related to any issue i discussed. To also state at no stage did I single out any particular person or home in my discussion, i mentioned common area use of a stairs, a utilities box and common land area. The issue of balconies is more over a universal problem across developments, and was meant in general discussion.

The thread is about issues in Moylaragh, the picture i posted was used as an example of issues the area faces. It is the entrance to the estate, and was not meant to single out anyone. Anyone can walk up there to see the area for themselves. My post was hoping to highlight the issues the estate face, it was not to tar residents. It was to gather the will of others to try and get these issues resolved as so many people would like.

I'm not asking for the pic to be removed. I posted in this thread as a boards user. (I post as a Mod in bold.)

I have given my personal ¬ 0.02. I will hold off on further comment so as not to stifle further debate.

• Advertisement

I was speaking with the head of the parks division of FCC.

He said basically that the dev and contractors shiped up and shiped out before the area was completed. Now the area is unsafe (ie incomplete paths etc)

Also there is an ongoing problem because the hedges/ditch between Moylaragh and Westbrook was supossed to be removed to allow dual acess to the field.

So FCC refuse to take over areas that are not complete or safe because its not their job to fix areas after the dev leaves.

He says they are contantly chasing dev but get nowhere.

He said my best bet to to complain to the planning permission depart to say that planning was not comleted according to plan.

North Moylaragh (the part closest to Dunnes) has planing permission for 10yrs for 1400 houses, apartments and duplex's. Fingal wont touch the part along there as they said no fence/wall has been completed.

What a mess really!!

The pic is an area at the very beginning and is in a bad state. That is probably the worst area. Most places there are rented and people dont give a sh!te. There was a burnt out car there not so long ago. Some kids also kicked all the pebble stones out of someone's front garden. There is graffiti all over someone electric box around that corner. And its true there is a smell of sewage in the air. The neighbours said that the builders laid the pipes at the wrong angle too close to the houses so when it gets warmer the whole area stinks.

What to do really??

Advertisement