Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems in Moylaragh, Balbriggan

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Great advice there from Eoineo.

Also consider attending local politicians' clinics to inform them of your concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moylaragh

Thank you Eoino for all that great advice. I am meeting with the residents committee soon and I will bring to their attention the point that you have raised.

Regarding the road through Moylaragh Gardens..

Even though there was a judgement on the matter, Newlyn have applied a continuation on the planning permission. This road was meant to be closed off in June 2010 at the latest.

Alot of residents are worried they are trying to bring in a main road from the Naul road. Apparently it was not allowed for health and seafety concerns as the houses are too close to the road (no front gardens)

Anyone with any further question on the matter can contact Mary Leonard 8905000 in Fingal Co Co

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

I see this hasn't been touched in awhile...any developments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Goldfingers

Hi,after a little digging a while ago I found that virtually all the Green areas are the responsibility of Smith property management & that Fingal Co.Council are almost redundant in their authority in the area as a whole.
    Smith property management will gladly tell you what you are paying your management fees for but in relation to what they'll do for the area = 0.
    The main open green area is maintained by some crowd called Liffey Developments as far as I'm aware,although that may have changed.
    The main through walkway and the sub standard gravel used for foundations mean that these places have a very short shelf life which is why I sold up.
    Hope that was some help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Hi,

It seems everywhere past the police station has just been abandoned with regards maintenence of green areas.

The council and builders don't seem to want to know.

Is there anything councillors and TD's will do about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

dereks wrote: »
    Hi,

It seems everywhere past the police station has just been abandoned with regards maintenence of green areas.

The majority of the landscaping/maintenance work that you see being done about the town is completed not by the Council but rather by the Tidy Towns Group. Due to a combination of a lack of funds and the sustainable environment initiative (I'm not sure of the exact term right now) they've all but ceased doing the works themselves apart from a couple of times a year.

If you have a residents association or a group of neighbours want to come together and maintain the local communal area I believe that Fingal may be able to support you in doing so by providing litter picking equipment etc. Apart from that I'm not sure that your TD's/Councillors would be able to do much. In our estate a couple of neighbours go out with their own personal lawn mowers to cut the communal verges.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭i8mancs

Just a suggestion if the green areas are not being maintained why don't residents turn them into allotments?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Because it is not the residents' land to do as they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

i8mancs wrote: »
    Just a suggestion if the green areas are not being maintained why don't residents turn them into allotments?

They dont own the ground and I would not like looking out my front window onto a veg patch however if got Fingal out to maintain it some bit maybe a drill of cabbage might make them sit up and take note.
    Because it is not the residents' land to do as they wish.

I wonder tho if there is a managment company would this change a little. Some estates are in an awful mess, just look like people dont care. It gives a place a good lift and looks much better all round to see a well maintained open space. However I do think residents should come together to keep their greens in a decent shape. An estate near me has been transformed by residents putting €5 per month towards petrol for a mower. A few just having a chat decided to do this and everyone has bought in to it. A resident cuts the grass, which takes about 2 hours, they have trimmed edge of green, planted a few shrubs put up a few hanging baskets and the place looks super. This sort of suits council as it saves on their budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

dereks wrote: »
    Hi,

I found out the reason why- Fingal coco are responsible for those greens- hope it works! http://www.fingalcoco.ie/CommunityRecreationandAmenitiesDepartment/Parks/FingalGrowingPlaces/

It aint only Moylaragh its all over Fingal and its a fckn joke. These people cant be serious. North Dublin looks like one big tip head with badly maintained open spaces, especially in residential areas, long grass hiding the good work of many residents associations who planted their own flowers and shrubs.

From what I read
    The ‘Growing Places’ initiative has developed from the twin ambitions of creating a more diverse range of open space environments and the need to match available resources with competing demands. We dont have the money so we wont be touching the greens.

"*A change in grass maintenance regimes" We just aint cutting your grass!!!!

*Improving the quality of active recreation facilities. Bull****, the kids cant even play ball outside their own doors.

I would suggest residents get out and cut their own greens, which is probably what they want. Some green areas have become dumping grounds and it will eventually lead to a problem with Rodents.

5. Will it increase rodent problems? Eventually Yes it will
    Both mice and rats are rodents but they rarely if ever live in the same place. Rats are what people object to most strongly. Rats tend to live in ditches and covered areas and are attracted to waste particularly domestic or food waste. Converting an open space to wildflower meadows will not of itself attract or increase the rat population.
    But if waste is dumped on an open space especially by hedgerows or in shrub beds the waste will attract rodents. It is up to us as a society to discourage others from dumping on our open spaces both to improve the appearance of the open space and to avoid potential problems with vermin. Part of our new approach will be to tidy-up these types of overgrown locations where vermin might reside.

There will be rodents because people will be dumping leftovers from chipper on way home after a few pints and others will just throw rubbish away as they have always done.

I saw one man cutting a space for kids to play ball and the next day the grass was cut. I see another estate where the residents got fed up and done a terrific job on their estate. Each house pays €5 a month and 2 or 3 men cut the grass with push mowers. The cut a nice edge to green and put up a few hanging baskets and the place looks fab. Nothing has been dumped on it since

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

I hope you guys didn't pay the €100!! If you did you should moan like f£$¥, until the job is done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

LeoB wrote: »

I saw one man cutting a space for kids to play ball and the next day the grass was cut. I see another estate where the residents got fed up and done a terrific job on their estate. Each house pays €5 a month and 2 or 3 men cut the grass with push mowers. The cut a nice edge to green and put up a few hanging baskets and the place looks fab. Nothing has been dumped on it since

Where was that? The green at moylaragh is huge and would need a tractor.

Where was that? The green at moylaragh is huge and would need a tractor.

It was in the Rush area. Im not trying to hi-jack this thread just pointing out this problem is all over the place. While I accept the green in Moylaragh is big its suprised me what one man done in little over an hour. Some sort of rota an odd Saturday would make a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lanky123

Hi there I am new to Boards, so hope i am posting in the right place! Guys I bought an apartment in Moylaragh in 2004. I know there has been many many issues with SPM/Moylaragh Management company. Can I please ask landlords are you paying your management fees?

I had a incident before Christmas concerning roof of my apartment basically day before Christmas Eve, there was high winds and got a phonecall from my tenant saying some tiles fell down. Before I go on with what happened, can I just ask WHO is responsible if roof becomes damaged?

Advertisement