Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nice stab in the back Turn10

• 02-03-2010 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

VIP is now nothing but a cash cow, well done on gipping your fans that payed for VIP to be just that, a VIP! Now it's nothing, a damn title that means nothing because anybody can now have it, it means nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

not really bothered tbh, only payed an extra fiver and got a free 2gb usb stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

And a not too shabby FM3 key ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

Well it's for charity apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

FFS man, they're donating $10 to Haiti for every purchase and you're bitching about it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That's not the point though. VIP came with the LIMITED Edition, emphasis on the Limited.

• Advertisement

That's not the point though. VIP came with the LIMITED Edition, emphasis on the Limited.

A limited edition which I paid the extra money for too. Big deal. Who cares if it becomes a little less 'exclusive', and helps Haiti in the process?

How are you losing out here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

it means nothing.

what did it mean exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

what did it mean exactly?

This was my point.

Really, does it mean that much to you? Do you need the ego boost so much as to stop Turn10/MS from getting some cash together to donate to Haiti?

Maybe if you stopped worrying about being a "VIP" and just enjoyed the game the world would be a better place, eh? :)

Incidentally, do you drink in crap pubs and pay over-the-odds prices just to be "seen"? Same idea, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Whats VIP?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

VIP is now nothing but a cash cow, well done on gipping your fans that payed for VIP to be just that, a VIP! Now it's nothing, a damn title that means nothing because anybody can now have it, it means nothing.

come across "Leave Britney Alone" to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/17901/1/

some info on all this... cos I was clueless ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

This is over a few extra cars? Really?

It's amazing how we're called 'gamers' as a group, yet many seem to forget it's only a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, so you're no longer a special butterfly? Just how is this affecting your enjoyment of the game and how exactly have you been stabbed in the back?

Damn those selfish Haitian bastards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Am i missing something ?

when Forza came out you had the choice to pay a little bit more for this VIP.

Now people that bought the normal Forza have a choice to pay a little bit more to get the VIP.

VIP was classed as Limited, now it's Unlimited, see the difference?

Using Haiti as a smokescreen to avoid criticism is a serious low for T10, they should be shot!

Sure I see the difference but I don't see why you're so upset over it and why your advocating people be shot.

Seriously, I think you should turn off your PC, turn off your Xbox, go outside and get some bloody perspective.

So now they should be shot?

Seriously, I think you should turn off your PC, turn off your Xbox, go outside and get some bloody perspective.
    Ok let's put this into perspective.
    Pretend BMW wanted to make you a one of a kind car, let you design it and give it to you for free. Assuming you make it, you drive around happy as Larry knowing you're the only person with this car, and BMW promised it was one of a kind. 6 Months later, BMW mass release the car, bet you don't feel so special anymore, and so want to boycott them.

Using Haiti as a smokescreen to avoid criticism is a serious low for T10, they should be shot!

I mean this as sincerely as possible... What age are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Pretend BMW wanted to make you a one of a kind car, let you design it and give it to you for free. Assuming you make it, you drive around happy as Larry knowing you're the only person with this car, and BMW promised it was one of a kind. 6 Months later, BMW mass release the car, bet you don't feel so special anymore, and so want to boycott them.

But it's not a €100,000 car, it's a €50 game that you paid an extra €5 for. And it's not one of a kind, it's the same game with a few extra cars. And lots of other people are VIP too, so you're not the only one with the special thingummy.

I can see why you'd be a little miffed that the content isn't exclusive, but really it's not a big deal and their reason for releasing it to everyone is pretty good. Try not to take business decisions so seriously, because trust me, you aren't a VIP to them and never were just because you bought the game, you're just a consumer, and every big cmpany is the same in that respect.

Also Turn10 developed it right? Then more than likely it wasn't their decision to do this, it would be the publishers.. Microsoft? I wouldn't take it personally if Microsoft don't think you're very important :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sorry, this is a load of fuss over nothing. Did people really think that this was never on the cards? I got the VIP version of the game - I figured flug it, for an extra fiver, I'm getting the tracks and cars which will no doubt make their way into DLC land at some stage. There was also the in-game auction house if people were that keen to get the cars. There's no great advantage to having them only that some of them are tasty collectibles. I don't think I've ever gone for a spin around Sidewinder despite feeling all nostalgic for Forza 2 when I fired in the code to download it :)

The VIP membership's added reward of cars being gifted is really nice mind you, I can't say I've regularly used a lot of the cars they've gifted me though, but I thought it a genuinely good tip of the hat to people who spent that extra fiver (or whatever) to pay for content they'd already created. The cost of the memory stick and keyring are negligible - 50c per unit shipped at the most I'd say.

So yea, they've finally released it and the marketing people have been clever enough to tie it into a charity drive and that's ok with me.

If you're this upset over it, I respectfully suggest you take a little bit of time to get some perspective on what the important things in life are. I'm not suggesting you're wrong to feel a little jipped by this, but lets be realistic, there is simply too much backlash (as well as potential for revenue) in relation to this special edition stuff that a lot of games have done in recent years. It's just happened with Assassins Creed 2 - the secret Templar locations are now available to download which was only available for the "special edition" version of the game. Hell, they've even gone and sold us the parts of the game that they didn't get finished and have made us pay for it! Am I outraged? Not really, I enjoyed the game and the story and wanted to see it through. Do I feel robbed? A little, tbh, but I felt that the asking price gave me value for what I wanted.

If there are people who wanted this content now and who couldn't get it or didn't realise the differences before now, this means they don't have to go and buy a new version of the game.

• Advertisement

See that makes the whole outcry sound even more ridiculous. They’re making content available to everyone where before it was restricted – but at a more expensive price than you paid for it – so not only did you have to content for months before they did, you saved money on it.

You want people to miss out on content just so you can feel special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

VIP was classed as Limited, now it's Unlimited, see the difference?

You'd want tae calm down fir yerself boy get over it. Who cares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think someone needs a hug... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

But you got to be the only one with that BMW for a whole 6 months thats gota count for somthing.
    I dont think its a bad thing at all. I paid for the extra content for BF2 way back when and then in the latest patch they released it for free, no charity involved and I still did not mind. If any thing it has made that content popular and now I get to play it more.
    Chill man, every thing becomes free or discounted eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

If they're donating money to charity then fair play. You could always complain to them.
    mayordenis wrote: »
    come across "Leave Britney Alone" to me.

128340601289062500leavebritney.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

bet you don't feel so special anymore

My mammy says I'm special.. Thats good enough for me...

Seriously tho... This thread is hilarious. So much so I'm giving it a thumbs up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Calm down there OP, we're all VIP's in the eyes of God. And it doesn't cost a penny extra.

Praise Jeebus!

I've Bad Company 2 to calm my rage now :cool:

Advertisement