Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aga / Rayburn cooker?

• 02-03-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

hi all,

I'm in the process of building a new house at the moment and looking at putting in a traditional looking cooker. I'm interested in possibly an Aga or a Rayburn but not sure which model to go for which would be the most efficient and cheapest to run. I looked at the Electric Aga but at 10,500 euros it's far too expensive! I am not on mains gas but I will be running the underfloor heating on gas so LPG is one option but I have heard they are very expensive to run. I would like to avoid oil if at all possible but there is space for a tank so has anyone any suggestions? would a small oil tank and oil cooker be the best and cheapest option?

Advertisement