Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portsmouth Game

Options
  • 02-03-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Evening,

Heading to the Portsmouth game with my little guy for his 9th Birthday. I believe there is little to do around WHL so we will be out of Stansted by 10am and was considering bringing him into central London to show him a couple of the sights and then head up to the Lane around lunchtime. Anyone do something similar or would you advise against it.. time restrictions etc??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

A lot of teams do tours of the stadium/a walk around the club etc.
    You could look that up on the Spurs website I'm sure it would be enjoyable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

larry1temp wrote: »
    Evening,

Heading to the Portsmouth game with my little guy for his 9th Birthday. I believe there is little to do around WHL so we will be out of Stansted by 10am and was considering bringing him into central London to show him a couple of the sights and then head up to the Lane around lunchtime. Anyone do something similar or would you advise against it.. time restrictions etc??

Cheers
    A lot of teams do tours of the stadium/a walk around the club etc.
    You could look that up on the Spurs website I'm sure it would be enjoyable?

there are no stadium tours on match days but if you are on the 10 oclock train from stansted you'll be in central London by 10.45ish. Have a look around and get the tube back to seven sisters at 12.30/12.45 then onto overground or bus and you'd be back at the ground for 1.30ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

to be honest I find its not worth it really. You may make the 10 train (I actually made the 9.45 on sun) but more often than not unless you leg it to train it will be the 10.15, you will get to tottenham hale about 11. There is a burger king, kfc and pizza hut across the road. Get some lunch (healthy I know) and stroll down to the club shop for a look around (get fleeced by the youngfella). Before you know it its 12.30, you can always go for a quick pint watch some of the early game and on to the stadium early to get a good look around. There is nothing really around liverpool st so you would need to be getting tubes from here to sightsee and in a day trip its pushing it a bit.

I will be going over to this one with my son for his 8th birthday and one of his pals, meeting some friends there too. We will be on the same flight as you so if you want to drop me a line before hand if you fancy a pint we can meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Get the tube from Liverpool St to Westminister, have a walk around go on the eye etc.

Get the tube back to Liverpool st and get an overground train to White Hart Lane. It takes 25 mins on match day.

A zone 1-3 trvelcard covers all your journeys and teh 9 year old's one will be discounted cos he's a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Many thanks for all the helpful replies:)

Re meeting for pints, the Mrs has me warned re partaking in pints whilst looking after her son :D Thanks for the invite though, hopefully the next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

larry1temp wrote: »
    Many thanks for all the helpful replies:)

Re meeting for pints, the Mrs has me warned re partaking in pints whilst looking after her son :D Thanks for the invite though, hopefully the next time

Tell her its ok we'll buy him one too. Couldnt make him feel left out;)

Golfballs suggestion is a good one, hadnt thought of that. Dont leave the train back to whl too late as they get jammed.

Advertisement