Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn of war 2 help

Options
  • 02-03-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

i just got dawn of war,and it pissing the living **** out of me...Iv play 20 games online and im yet to win one game,i havnt even come close to winning them..Can people please give me some advice because i loved dawn of war 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I've only played a few games of it but from what I see tyranids are sic.. You could try watching what your team mates do and try emulate their tactic if they win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Alot of players online use the mob/rush tactics. Usually with races that have the cheaper starting units and with more potential squad members. Gives alot of potential firepower early on and alot more to capture power and resource points. I used to be a defensive focused player (i still try to be) but with Dawn of War II it's quite hard to do so.

Basically it's all about risking the first 5-10 minutes with what you want to do with your units and/or resources. Some of the time iv gotten by with 1-2 squads + commander while trying to pool as much resources to get advanced technology quicker and win but it's a gamble depending on the opposing player(s) skills and how they use their army

You have to find an army you are comfortable with using and how to use them properly. As i said the first 5-10 minutes can be deal breakers in a game so it's up to you have you use your units, as i pointed out alot of people online like to use the rush/mob tactic by using all their starting resources on their cheapest soldiers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Nids or Orks, spam melee, profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

A good approach for an RTS is to..

Check up on the build orders for your favorite race for at least the first 3 or 4 minutes of the game. These can make a big difference and you'll be surprised how many players, even new, read up on these.

Obviously once you master that you'll need to have some good tactics, reading about these online will give you a nice overview.

Watch replays of good players, check how they are doing at the 3 minute mark, is their army 3 times the size of yours at 6 mins? what little tricks do you notice? (also check on youtube for POV for first person videos of people playing the game to see how fast they play, or check Starcraft if you wanna see the really professional guys at work)

Learn the keyboard shortcuts and speed up your APM (actions per minute). Being able to click faster than the other guy is a big advantage when it comes to micro management.

Last, but not least, force yourself to be offensive and scout the map, rather than turtling up surrounded by darkness and hoping for the best.

Advertisement