Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

light painting

• 02-03-2010 9:19pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone tried this out? i'm considering a wee project on it, especially round light stencils. trying it out just there, its alot of bloody prep work, any tips from folk?

4401477305_bac9112252.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Hey, I like the idea! I was thinking about this the other day, Though the way i planned on trying to do it was to have 3 different colours make the one stencil. The way in lino printing you have 3 different cut outs of the image and fill it with colour, then when all 3 come together it takes the form you planned for it. Yours being the portrait.

I like the idea, Just for a first shot i would have had a more close up shot of the stencil. Just to show exactly what it is you are doing. Its a bit lost in the garden.

I do like it though :) Im glad to see it is possible! When i explained the idea to one of my classmates they looked at me like i had 4 heads!! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its half a4 size at the moment, building a softbox mount for a4 sheets the moment for it, not fun

Indeed! Loads of work to get that kind of shot right.

I have some light painting stuff on my flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34002339@N02/

Maybe have the portraits floating around a room rather than outside?

Oh, I just looked at your flickr. I prefer the other one you did outside! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

yeah inverted the stencils, in my head the way i had the first one made sense, but didnt really work out. doing a project for college on it i think, i know its reasonably possible now, working on the other light gizmos now

<looks at bike and bag of battery powered leds...>

4402368788_42ba2118f3.jpg

Which college are you in?

Yeah the stencil seems like it might take a while to get it the way you want. I know its gonna take me a good few trys anyway!

Where do you get your leds? :P So far all mine need to be either plugged in, or attached to some form of pen contraption. I'm trying to find a set of portable LEDs for one of my new projects to make some really cool looking designs.

• Advertisement

dan759 wrote: »
    Which college are you in?

Yeah the stencil seems like it might take a while to get it the way you want. I know its gonna take me a good few trys anyway!

Where do you get your leds? :P So far all mine need to be either plugged in, or attached to some form of pen contraption. I'm trying to find a set of portable LEDs for one of my new projects to make some really cool looking designs.

christmas, i stocked up. going hunting for glowsticks tomorrow. i'm gonna try printing on photo paper, two pages
    over lay them perfectly, and hope that suffices, got another stencil, with my 'tag' in the pipework, my flickr avatar. i'm in gcd. you?

Ahh.. im going mad looking for battery powered LEDS. Might just take some wire cutters to the christmas lights and see what i can make do!

I'm actually not in a college at the minute. Just a PLC. I'm submitting a portfolio for DIT this week.. Fingers crossed :eek:

I tried glowsticks before, i always thought they were a bit too faint. Check these out if your thinking of ordering online!
    http://www.elightbulbs.com/Energizer-Eveready-06004-GLO3BUBP-LED-Flashlight

dan759 wrote: »
    Ahh.. im going mad looking for battery powered LEDS. Might just take some wire cutters to the christmas lights and see what i can make do!

I'm actually not in a college at the minute. Just a PLC. I'm submitting a portfolio for DIT this week.. Fingers crossed :eek:

I tried glowsticks before, i always thought they were a bit too faint. Check these out if your thinking of ordering online!
    http://www.elightbulbs.com/Energizer-Eveready-06004-GLO3BUBP-LED-Flashlight
    check out pound shop bike lights and camping shops, some cheap lights, then some gels over the light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I can get my hands on some UV lights, what would that turn out like ?

pretty awesome i imagine

• Advertisement

I'd say UV lights would be pretty cool alright!

Advertisement