Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Stephen Ireland on The Way Out of City??

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

adox wrote: »
    jaysus, he had a hair transplant, then shaved his head completely. What does Mancini want? Dreads??
    I believe that Roberto Mancini is a enormous fan of the Stephen Hunt Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

FatherTed wrote: »
    What did Dunne say?

I will try and find the article, but Dunne was less than complementary in a Dion Fanning interview about 6 months after Kerr's contract wasn't renewed. The reason it sticks in my head, is that the main complaint was Kerr's analysis was too in depth.

I'm looking for a link.

And I've nothing against Richard Dunne. I've a stiffee for him too :)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/uninspired-and-sterile-to-the-end-473324.html
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/unrelenting-pressure-undermined-kerr-era-128443.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

adox wrote: »
    jaysus, he had a hair transplant, then shaved his head completely. What does Mancini want? Dreads??

He wants him to get rid of those damn sideburns!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Bellamy expected to get the sack? What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Kingdom wrote: »
    I will try and find the article, but Dunne was less than complementary in a Dion Fanning interview about 6 months after Kerr's contract wasn't renewed. The reason it sticks in my head, is that the main complaint was Kerr's analysis was too in depth.

I'm looking for a link.

And I've nothing against Richard Dunne. I've a stiffee for him too :)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/uninspired-and-sterile-to-the-end-473324.html
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/unrelenting-pressure-undermined-kerr-era-128443.html

Roy Keane praised Kerr's management of the team in the aftermath of the unsuccessful 2006 campaign. Dunne is a hero in his own right, but I think I know which opinion carries more weight in this case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Roy Keane praised Kerr's management of the team in the aftermath of the unsuccessful 2006 campaign. Dunne is a hero in his own right, but I think I know which opinion carries more weight in this case...

In fairness I think Keane would have praised anyone who took over from McCarthy.

I don't think Dunne slates Kerr anyway, he just points out the pressure he was under. Regardless of professionalism or otherwise, if the players won't play for you I think you've got to alter your approach.

Hope Ireland doesn't leave anyway, we've missed someone like him this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

So you actually listen to Roy Keanes agony aunt opinion???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

the fact that he is snubbing the national team is now biting him on the ass. He is now getting no opportunity to prove his worth.

Although he is talented, skillful and creative so trap probably would not pick him.

I wonder does he speculate whether his involvement could have been the difference to bring Ireland to the World Cup and that he could be on the way to South Africa which could put him into the shop window.

Stephen Ireland may be a little too complex of an individual for the simple world of football.

He has not been able too relate to quite a few football managers which may be a problem for him in his present career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Saw him today driving a bentley.

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Was he driving on the way out of city ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Maloney_o9 wrote: »

David?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

dixiefly wrote: »
    I wonder does he speculate whether his involvement could have been the difference to bring Ireland to the World Cup and that he could be on the way to South Africa which could put him into the shop window.

Yeah, the ultimate shop window. Weren't Barcelona after Gary Breen after a few good world cup performances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Roy Keane praised Kerr's management of the team in the aftermath of the unsuccessful 2006 campaign.

No way!
    Scuba Ste wrote: »
    In fairness I think Keane would have praised anyone who took over from McCarthy.

Precisely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭LeBash

Imagine what would be going through players minds if when/if they see thier potential new signing driving up to the club in the Hummer with the pink wheels.

Ireland is a good player, a bit of a head banger, but he is alot more controlled than Bellamy and doesnt let every little thing spill out onto the pitch or papers.

Asside from Arsenal, I think he could go anywhere in the PL. Aging Chelsea side could do worse, same deal with Man U.

If i was to guess where he will be next year, I'd say in Turkey with Besiktas ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You can always rely on the Stephen Ireland thread for the worst jokes and the most ill-informed posts.

WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

blinding wrote: »
    Was he driving on the way out of city ?

No, saw him on his way out of super-valu :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

LeBash wrote: »
    Imagine what would be going through players minds if when/if they see thier potential new signing driving up to the club in the Hummer with the pink wheels.

It was a landrover and it's his girlfriends car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Seaneh wrote: »
    It was a landrover and it's his girlfriends car.

I always thought he did it in aid of cancer as a fundraiser as did David James who instead turned up dressed in pink in a reliant robin? Can anyone confirm that or was that a dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Give me Patrick Veira over Stephen Ireland any day.

Ireland is capable of doing great things going forward but is pretty hopeless defensively and has little physical presence in the center of the park, where the real men play. A boy in a man's game as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

plasmaguy wrote: »

Ireland is capable of doing great things going forward but is pretty hopeless defensively and has little physical presence in the center of the park, where the real men play. A boy in a man's game as far as I'm concerned.

Vieira was past it 5 years ago. A granddad in a mans game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »
    You can always rely on the Stephen Ireland thread for the worst jokes and the most ill-informed posts.

WP.

LOL, thanks dude

Advertisement