Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony 32" LCD €399

• 02-03-2010 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

Sony 32S5500, in Sony Centre Stephens Green, Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Not even a bargain at that price IMO, a very average tv at best, not even an mpeg4 tuner in it, a Samsung 32B450 is widely available for the same price as that and is a much better set, plenty of reviews will agree with that

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, I agree with Zonda.

It's end-of-line now anyway, new models are a few weeks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Still, cheaper than most places. Does the Sammy have USB for photo? Cos the Sony does (nah nah:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Still, cheaper than most places. Does the Sammy have USB for photo? Cos the Sony does (nah nah:D)

An absolutely useless feature that I have never used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    An absolutely useless feature that I have never used.
    I second that.

I got The Samsung 32B450 for €350 with a 5 year warranty. Shop around some more before throwing that much money around.

• Advertisement

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I second that.

I got The Samsung 32B450 for €350 with a 5 year warranty. Shop around some more before throwing that much money around.

Hi where did you get the Sammy for that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Hi where did you get the Sammy for that price?
    Richer Sounds. They're on boards.ie too.

I got mine on sale in their Belfast branch though, but their delivery is cheap.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Richer Sounds. They're on boards.ie too.

I got mine on sale in their Belfast branch though, but their delivery is cheap.

So it's €350 plus fuel/delivery costs plus currency conversion, ehhhh...? :) Always a catch.

I wonder if the Sony, when hooked upto othr Sony AV equipment, has that HDMI control thingy (much like the old SCART control system)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

So it's €350 plus fuel/delivery costs plus currency conversion, ehhhh...? :) Always a catch.

You can get them to deliver it to their shop in Dublin city centre which eradicates the cost of fuel/parking as it's the same as going in to St Stephens Green.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    You can get them to deliver it to their shop in Dublin city centre which eradicates the cost of fuel/parking as it's the same as going in to St Stephens Green.

Deadly where's their shop?:)

• Advertisement

Not too sure they'd still be able to get the 32B450, its out nearly a year at this stage and is about to be replaced(Like the Sony). Do a search on it in Richersounds forum and see what comes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Komplett.ie have the Samsung LEB32450 at €363 + shipping..

You could pick it up at their Ballycoolin/Blanchardstown delivery point free if you wish to save on shipping..

But, RicherSounds would throw in a 5 year warranty while you get only 12 months warranty at Komplett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

€399's not bad for that TV. Hardly Normal have the 32v at €599 and the 37w at 699. Thought these were ok prices - amazon have the 32w at 499 pounds.

It's all about timing - get 'em before they go!

The 37W5500 for 699€ is an alright deal to be fair, 37" will be an inferior panel to a 32 or 40" version though. The 32V5500 for 600€ though, is not a good deal, that would also be inferior to its samsung counterpart, the 32B550, which i saw in Currys for 460€ the other day

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl37w5500-20090524150.htm

Heres a review of the 37W5500

Wouldnt recommend buying this one straight away either though, wait and see what a 2010 37" sony LED edge lit model will cost, it may not be a whole lot more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The 37W5500 for 699€ is an alright deal to be fair, 37" will be an inferior panel to a 32 or 40" version though. The 32V5500 for 600€ though, is not a good deal, that would also be inferior to its samsung counterpart, the 32B550, which i saw in Currys for 460€ the other day

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/sony-kdl37w5500-20090524150.htm

Heres a review of the 37W5500

Wouldnt recommend buying this one straight away either though, wait and see what a 2010 37" sony LED edge lit model will cost, it may not be a whole lot more

thanks for the review, it says:
    if you’re in the market for a 37-inch LCD television, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better set

it's a second tv, so looking for a bargain!

Advertisement