Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rivermoy Half Marathon, Ballina

• 02-03-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

This is the first year of the course, which will run along the picturesque banks of the River Moy, Ballina, Co. Mayo. Fabulous course with part of the course running through Belleek woods, so plenty of pb's expected.
    Timing Chips will be used. The start time is Sunday, 16 May 2010 - 11:00am

Email:rivermoymarathon@gmail.com

Registration now open: www.runireland.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Hi Murraythree is there a race website? any map of the course? more details would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

A map of the route would be handy, also some more details on RunIreland or a Race Website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 R MoyMarathon

Hi Guys,
    Website with lots more details of the event will be going live next week however in the meantime you can check out our facebook page
    River Moy 1/2 Marathon for garmin map & elevation of the route.
    Or you if you have any other queries you can email us at rivermoymarathon@gmail.com
    Happy running :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Murraythree

Registered for the Moy Half Marathon this evening and was well impressed. Class running top, packed goodie bag and a very friendly welcome. If the registration is anything to go by then this run promises to be a top class event. Maybe I am a little biased being a local but this race has created a real buzz in the area. Best of luck to everyone taking part tomorrow and in particular to the Ballina Fit4 Life first timers. Well done to the committee so far. Will post a report tomorrow.

Ran this today - Great race well organised and results up nice and early on the homepage. All round a good race and one I would recommend for next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

I couldnt believe the goodybag. I dont think I have ever got so much stuff in a bag in my life.
    The tea/coffee and scones, sandwiches and cakes etc were lovely afterwards. Forgot to bring my towel, as I would have loved a shower afterwards.
    I thought it was a lovely course and fab coming through the woods.Plenty of small water bottles and I loed the music on the loudspeakers half way through . A nice little lift.
    Was so caught up in the fun at the finish line I forgot to stop my watch so it was nice to have them up on the board within half an hour.
    Definitley will do this again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Murraythree

Definitely one of the best organised races I have taken part in. Fabulous, fast and scenic route which produced a winning time of 1:15. Could not compliment committee highly enough for the amount of energy and thought that went into this race. Start to finish everything was thought of - from the goody bags, to the number of stewards, the massage and the great grub afterwards.
    Well done to everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pdiddyw

Couldn't see any posts on this years race, is there many planning on doing it?

What do people make of the course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

Did this last year, a well organised race,showers and food after which was great. Only prob this year they changed it to a saturday, Why ?

Great course, nice variety as there is a few kilometres through the woods and nice fast finish down river. Well organised last year, plan on doing it again but we'll get over bigger challenges first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pdiddyw

cheers for that, must sign up for it in the coming days , just wanted to make sure that there isn't any major hills in it etc...

Advertisement