Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MC Sniffy for a short film

Options
  • 02-03-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure you have all heard of MC Sniffy. He's become something of a youtube sensation for all the wrong reasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mItSJJzERQ

Anyway,

We are shooting a short film here in Kilkenny around the middle of April and we are looking to cast Sniffy in a role as a battle rapper. I'm just wondering if anyone knows him or if they know how we could get in touch with him? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Cheers. I'm sure he won't be much worse than any other egos I've had the dubious pleasure of working with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Doesn't he work in the Topaz on the Castlecomer road? I always see him drinking in Parliament street as well.

I think The Sniffmaster is getting an unfair rep. I really like his unique, self-depreciating approach to the rap genre. Better than rapping about 'busting a cap in your Facebook' or whatever it is those street urchins go on about these days.

As was rightly pointed out to me, if East & West Coast rappers of the 90's had had his conciliatory attitude, there wouldn't have been the same number of young men dead.

Although the phrase, 'No look, look, seriously' has no place in a rap of any kind.

P.S. can I give you some crap home made music for your film?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I know he's a member of KEY down in Garden Row at the moment so he might be contactable there.

Talked to him a few times, nice young fella, if not a bit dopey. But then again, you've all probably seen the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kenzolo

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Doesn't he work in the Topaz on the Castlecomer road? I always see him drinking in Parliament street as well.

I think The Sniffmaster is getting an unfair rep. I really like his unique, self-depreciating approach to the rap genre. Better than rapping about 'busting a cap in your Facebook' or whatever it is those street urchins go on about these days.

As was rightly pointed out to me, if East & West Coast rappers of the 90's had had his conciliatory attitude, there wouldn't have been the same number of young men dead.

Although the phrase, 'No look, look, seriously' has no place in a rap of any kind.

P.S. can I give you some crap home made music for your film?

no he works in dunnes story's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Wowowo

he doesnt work in dunnes stores?? and he used to work in topaz years ago but not anymore,anyway i think it has already got back to him about the short film

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

OP i have sent you his number in PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DjScaryEire

Hi guys,

I wish to make contact with Sniffy also. I have attempted to do so through the youtube user who originally uploaded the video of his rap however this came with no success. I am an French DJ currently trying to compile a mixtape of Irish artists who do not come from the Greater Dublin or Cork areas in an attempt to show the skill of those who are members of the growing scene in Ireland today. While many may say that this MC lacks in skill, it is clear that with some guidance and recording experience, he could show his skill to the country, while putting attempts such as the aforementioned one behind himself.

Thanks guys,

Sebastian Voisseau, Scary Eire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 flashzanzi

mc sniffy has a new track for 2011. check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvkjdShajco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Sniffy works at the Springhill Court Hotel on the Waterford Road. I couldn't believe my eyes when he walked past me with a tray of drinks, he's not as dopey looking as in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

why is he so sorry? what did he do? these are the questions that need to be answered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Green Oval

In fairness lads this is shocking tripe that the sniffer does.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Green Oval wrote: »
    In fairness lads this is shocking tripe that the sniffer does.

A boy sniffer

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

flashzanzi wrote: »
    mc sniffy has a new track for 2011. check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvkjdShajco[/QUOTE]

A bit of an improvement with the music added.
    DJ CABO watch out eh....

Advertisement