Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Ireland to the UK, what will the taxes/cost of living be like?

Options
  • 02-03-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm working in Ireland at the moment but not sure how much longer it is going to last. I'm beginning to look at options in the UK and was just wondering if anyone knew much about the tax system in the UK i.e. how much of what you earn do you actually take home with you? From what I can tell, I will probably be taking a significent pay cut if I do have to work in a similar field over there, (which I don't mind, just want to be working :)) but its hard to know exactly how much when I don't know what the tax system is. Am I likely to be paying a similar/greater/lower rate of tax over there?
    Also how do people who have moved over recently find the cost of living/quality of life in the UK compared to Ireland?

Comments

Advertisement