Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steel Shed Advice

• 02-03-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭

I need to put up a shed .... to park tractor, trailer etc. with perhaps room to store timber in too.

I'm looking at a structure of perhaps 40/50' in length and 20' in width.

Other than that I don't know what I'm after .... whether it should be a closed or open structure etc.?

The place where the shed will be is a holiday home on two acres (to be main residence in a few years) and though the place is secluded security is still probably an issue.

What's the most economical way of erecting this kind of shed?

I am prepared to go flat pack and erect myself.

Any recommendations?

I tried Munster Sheds (via their contact page on their website) but they never responded to me. It amazes me that businesses don't monitor queries .....

Anyone have experience of http://www.boltup.ie/ ?

This is new territory to me so your advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

that bolt up shed looks like it could be expensive as its very well finished.
    there are ads in the farmers journal for sheds ready to erect or you could buy the materials and get somebody to weld the rsjs and sheet the shed for you.
    the price of materials has come down a lot in the last year or two so you can bargain hard for the best deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

thanks mossfort ...

I wonder if anyone has a 'shopping list' made out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

you dont need to have a concrete base in place because you can dig holes and concrete in the pillars . you wiil probaly need a teleporter to fit the trusses and timber plus the roof sheeting.
    an a roof shed with a sliding door would be best for security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭PaddyBloggit

If steel shed is too expensive I'll go the trad poles direction.

I guess I'm looking at the long term and would hope to put up the shed once in my lifetime.

Anyways ..... on with the research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

OP, I know someone who put up one of those 'Bolt Up' types, fine but turns into a furnace in the fine weather. We might get some.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement