Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Fred83 wrote: »
    there was other stories about them emergeing through the years,one of them was getting married and had a kid?,

From a legal standpoint are Venables & Thompson under orders to not divulge details of their previous life to anyone? I mean if the above is true and one of them did get married etc are they expected to keep their secret even from their wife?

I wonder how would someone react if they found out just after the wedding that they'd married one of these two evil fúcks (and yes they are evil twisted fúckers - don't go blaming the parents)?

You have a movie of the week right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Jamie Bolger is a name I will never forget...
    Pity, because his name was James Bulger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

El Weirdo wrote: »

There's always one smart arse.

There's always one smart arse.

He's not being smart. His mother mentioned that he was always only ever called "James" and it was just the media who started throwing the name "Jamie" around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Dudess wrote: »
    I'd be fairly concerned about what happened to that child to fuck them up badly enough to do that...

I've heard this argument many times. But I don't buy it anymore.

Blame society.

Blame their dirty flat.

Blame their lack of education.

Blame their abusive parents.

But heaven forbid that we should blame them.

You know what, many kids have had a raw deal from society, many kids live in ****eholes and leave school early and have the most disgusting abusive parents BUT THEY DON'T stick batteries in the mouth and anus of a toddler, batter him and torture him for hours with bricks and stones and sticks and iron bars and then weigh his head down with rubble on a railway line so the train cuts his body in two. No only the most evil of evil c**ts do this, there is no defense for this.

Yes, they may have had it tough growing up, yes their parents may be the most disgusting vile abusive people but I am sorry there is no excuse for what they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

It's amazing the amount of tabloid fury that was whipped up from this case. I'm not saying that this murder wasn't heinous. It was, undoubtedly, and very disturbing to read about. But this mob mentality solves nothing, IMO.

Take for example the murder of Marie Silje Raedergard in Oslo. While her two killers were younger than James' and the death less violent, the difference in attitude and treatment of the boys is amazing. It just raises the question of the role of the law and whether its main aim is to punish or rehabilitate. Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

Millicent wrote: »
    It's amazing the amount of tabloid fury that was whipped up from this case. I'm not saying that this murder wasn't heinous. It was, undoubtedly, and very disturbing to read about. But this mob mentality solves nothing, IMO.

Take for example the murder of Marie Silje Raedergard in Oslo. While her two killers were younger than James' and the death less violent, the difference in attitude and treatment of the boys is amazing. It just raises the question of the role of the law and whether its main aim is to punish or rehabilitate. Link.

You cannot rehabilitate everyone. For some, a nip behind the ear is in order.

I think the method behind Bulgers killing is as much to do with the fury of people as the act itself. I think if these two had just been messing around with the toddler and had killed him by throwing a punch at his head or whatever then the anger wouldn't have been nearly as fierce (either in the media or the public).

However, every stage of the killing just shows sheer malace and the sinister nature of the pair behind it. They were up to no good but you could never have sympathy for someone who'd leave another person lying on a railway track to be chopped in two by an oncoming train.

Sorry, but I'm with the mob on this one.

You cannot rehabilitate everyone. For some, a nip behind the ear is in order.

That's fair and I absolutely agree there but at what point does it stop being punishment and start becoming a blood lust for revenge?
    bonerm wrote: »
    I think the method behind Bulgers killing is as much to do with the fury of people as the act itself. I think if these two had just been messing around with the toddler and had killed him by throwing a punch at his head or whatever then the anger wouldn't have been nearly as fierce (either in the media or the public).

However, every stage of the killing just shows sheer malace and the sinister nature of the pair behind it. They were up to no good but you could never have sympathy for someone who'd leave another person lying on a railway track to be chopped in two by an oncoming train.

Sorry, but I'm with the mob on this one.

And as I stated, the murder was definitely heinous but perhaps the boys should have been institutionalised in a mental hospital then rather than a prison? The Mary Bell case proves that child killers can be rehabilitated as evidenced by the book Cries Unheard which details the years of abuse Mary faced and the inappropriateness of trying a disturbed child by adult jury. Link to this is here. It's an interesting read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

That's fair and I absolutely agree there but at what point does it stop being punishment and start becoming a blood lust for revenge?

The majority of people didn't want two 10 year old kids hung, they wanted actual LIFE sentences for them and not rehab and new identities. I don't think life in prison is a "blood lust for revenge".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

donfers wrote: »

Blame society.

Blame their dirty flat.

You know what, many kids have had a raw deal from society, many kids live in ****eholes and leave school early and have the most disgusting abusive parents BUT THEY DON'T stick batteries in the mouth and anus of a toddler, batter him and torture him for hours with bricks and stones and sticks and iron bars and then weigh his head down with rubble on a railway line so the train cuts his body in two. No only the most evil of evil c**ts do this, there is no defense for this.

Yes, they may have had it tough growing up, yes their parents may be the most disgusting vile abusive people but I am sorry there is no excuse for what they did.
    I don't think anybody is trying to excuse what they did, just trying to suggest reasons why they did what they did.

You say that the kids need to take responsibility for their actions, well you could flip that and say that the parents need to take responsibility for the behaviour of their children. If a dog owner constantly beat it's dog and the dog ended up biting someone I don't think people would blame the dog.

The majority of people didn't want two 10 year old kids hung, they wanted actual LIFE sentences for them and not rehab and new identities. I don't think life in prison is a "blood lust for revenge".

And what would life in prison achieve with two ten year old, possibly mentally ill boys? (Serious question) And evidently from some of the posts here, people would be happy to see them hung- and drawn and quartered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

I don't think life in prison is a "blood lust for revenge".

He got another chance, he phuced up. If it turns out to be another serious crime, he should be plugged.

He got another chance, he phuced up. If it turns out to be another serious crime, he should be plugged.

That's fair. If he broke the terms of his parole he should be held accountable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

And what would life in prison achieve with two ten year old, possibly mentally ill boys? (Serious question) And evidently from some of the posts here, people would be happy to see them hung- and drawn and quartered.

Nothing really, but they gave up their chance at having a real life. Life in prison is better than allowing them back outside with new identities, I don't really care what happens to them in prison. If Venables is released again he'll probably need another new identity, and what would that achieve?

Nothing really, but they gave up their chance at having a real life. Life in prison is better than allowing them back outside with new identities, I don't really care what happens to them in prison. If Venables is released again he'll probably need another new identity, and what would that achieve?

You're missing my point about rehabilitation though. The point with linking to Mary Bell was that it is possible for child murderers to be rehabilitated. I just don't know what can be achieved by punishing them indefinitely. And how can a ten year old give up their chance at having a real life without having enough life experience to know what "real life" is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Blame society.

Blame their dirty flat.

I used to think that way. I don't think it's that straight forward though. Some people don't end up psychotic or criminal in ciriminal areas, or if they got abused, and then some do. There's no merits or gold medals if you don't. So I don't think there should be beatings if you become a result of a cause that's unclear. Modern science still can't explain why some minds are shaped the way that they are. It's not about finding an excuse, it shouldn't be, it should be about research into curbing it from ever happening again and behavioral studies, not violently reacting to it.

So give their brains to science and let the scientists cut them up to shreds :o:D

I'm no bleeding heart liberalist, I grew up in a pretty scummy area and have low tolerance for anti social behavior, but I don't think blaming them for just being that way when they were born and arranging a public flogging is going to change the base behavior. Sure, my initial gut reaction would be to flog them to death on the streets, but once I get over that and see that it's just self righteous indignation and highly judgmental gut reaction, I think that objective analysis is needed if crime and psychosis is to be solved or helped along in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Im concerned about some of the things that I have read on this thread.

Personally, I believe in rehabilitation, especially from a young age.
    Could these two lads be rehabilitated?? I dont know, thats for the experts to decide.

I can understand many believing that they should be locked up for life no question, it's not my opinion but we're all different.

But what I find pretty sick about this thread is people saying that they should be sugar coated, hung drawn and quatered, burned at the stake....
    Yes, do that to two ten year olds, Sharia law would have nothing on us!
    Those are the types of acts that those two got sent away for...
    I'm worried that people might actually want this, I find it kind of sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

But what I find pretty sick about this thread is people saying that they should be sugar coated, hung drawn and quatered, burned at the stake....

Good point SLASHER.

It's frustrating how worthlessly people will focus their anger in these situations and often to show how much they care.
    It was absolutely horrendous, enough said, seriously.

After half a page of the above, the thread really ought to have moved onto the ways society could try to prevent this from happening again (and it does and will) rather 5 pages mostly full of elaborate fantasy of retribution and carecock waving.

And that's why it will keep happening - because a lot of people are too caught up baying about the gory details to the detriment of ignoring the gory causes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I've no idea what that mean's, but read this from the link posted by WalshB above..

Sweet mother, and some people here can find it within themselve to excuse this because the two murder's were only ten!.

I'm not excusing anything TBH. They may be sociopaths, in which case they should not have been released.

Their actions were disgusting and they did some very evil things. But because of their age, I do believe they could have been changed.

However, going through their formative years in Prison may have made them more dangerous, but I don't think they would have been released if that was the case.

They were two fcuked up kids who did something tremendously horrid, but I do think they culd have changed.

In the nature and nurture arguement of why evil exists I am actually someone who thinks both. Some people go bad because they are treated bad, some are just born with a messed up head that makes them simply not care.

If they were natural killers, then lock them up for life.

If it was their experiences as children that led them to do it, then if they were reformed and a few psychologists believed they were fit for release, then I think they should be given a second chance. Not that they earned it, deserved it or anything like that.

I'd be interested to know if they fulfilled the Macdonald Triad actually. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macdonald_triad I'm sure some of their psychologists would know but never release it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No, locking up 10 year olds for life is in no way a lust for revenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I don't think anybody is trying to excuse what they did, just trying to suggest reasons why they did what they did.

You say that the kids need to take responsibility for their actions, well you could flip that and say that the parents need to take responsibility for the behaviour of their children. If a dog owner constantly beat it's dog and the dog ended up biting someone I don't think people would blame the dog.

if a child is a sociopath sometimes a good environment won't be enough to stop them breaking the law or doing something that is morally reprehensible. so in such cases it's unfair to hold the parents responsible when they have done their best to provide a moral framework for their child.
    regarding the killers of James Bulger, if these two lads are sociopaths they didn't deserve to be released. I presume the parole board obviously determined that they are not.

if a child is a sociopath sometimes a good environment won't be enough to stop them breaking the law or doing something that is morally reprehensible. so in such cases it's unfair to hold the parents responsible when they have done their best to provide a moral framework for their child.
    regarding the killers of James Bulger, if these two lads are sociopaths they didn't deserve to be released. I presume the parole board obviously determined that they are not.
    I agree that the parents aren't always to blame but having read the details of this case, and in particular their upbringings, I'm not so sure in this case.

I'm sure the professionals involved in the case would be in a better position to assess their mental condition than any of us on Boards though. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I agree that the parents aren't always to blame but having read the details of this case, and in particular their upbringings, I'm not so sure in this case.

I'm sure the professionals involved in the case would be in a better position to assess their mental condition than any of us on Boards though. ;)

what!:eek: i thought posters on this forum were all-knowing:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Im concerned about some of the things that I have read on this thread.

Personally, I believe in rehabilitation, especially from a young age.
    Could these two lads be rehabilitated?? I dont know, thats for the experts to decide.

I can understand many believing that they should be locked up for life no question, it's not my opinion but we're all different.

venables clearly hasnt, as i stated earlier he wasnt brought in for helping an old lady across the road. he was brought in either because he breached one of his conditions or committed a crime (which im sure was one of his conditions) which shows that the 8 years of this rehabilitation was a load of utter cack. its not that hard to keep on the straight and narrow

aDeener wrote: »
    venables clearly hasnt, as i stated earlier he wasnt brought in for helping an old lady across the road. he was brought in either because he breached one of his conditions or committed a crime (which im sure was one of his conditions) which shows that the 8 years of this rehabilitation was a load of utter cack. its not that hard to keep on the straight and narrow

Well, his "crime" could have been something as simple as going to merseyside, or something equally as trivial. We dont' know his Conditions so how can you assume that he is not rehabilitated?

That doesn't mean he isn't rehabilitated.

Maybe a condition is he stay sober, and maybe he had one drink. Who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Well they weren't rehabilitated, they were in borstal...Given the extent of the conditions he's under - not going to liverpool being one, and a number being secret, theres no telling what way hes gone wrong. He could be barred from drinking, for instance....

Well, his "crime" could have been something as simple as going to merseyside, or something equally as trivial. We dont' know his Conditions so how can you assume that he is not rehabilitated?

That doesn't mean he isn't rehabilitated.

Maybe a condition is he stay sober, and maybe he had one drink. Who knows?

because he didnt keep to the conditions. how hard is it to stay away from one drink if it means you are going to be put away?

Nodin wrote: »
    Well they weren't rehabilitated, they were in borstal...Given the extent of the conditions he's under - not going to liverpool being one, and a number being secret, theres no telling what way hes gone wrong. He could be barred from drinking, for instance....

there is no rehabilitation in borstals?

• Advertisement

because he didnt keep to the conditions. how hard is it to stay away from one drink if it means you are going to be put away?

The drink was an example. You don't know his conditions, so who knows how hard it is!

Maybe he has to stay away from around schools and had to drive past one on a day?

the thing is, we don't know so why call for the death of a possibly rehabilitated person when we have no idea what it is they have done?

The drink was an example. You don't know his conditions, so who knows how hard it is!

Maybe he has to stay away from around schools and had to drive past one on a day?

the thing is, we don't know so why call for the death of a possibly rehabilitated person when we have no idea what it is they have done?

hey hey whoah there, when did i ever call for such a thing??

all the above are hypothetical situations, in any case whatever it is would not have been an impossible task to keep that is for sure. he has kept it since 2001 so why now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

One of them little bastards were supposed to be living in Kilkenny a few years back. Someone found out and wasent happy. I heard this off a good few people. He was living in Hebron park for a few months. Not really sure but who knows.

Here he is and I remember the cnut aswel.
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/15year-sentence-for-wouldbe-killer.1493266.jp

More about him. http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2006/05/13/story3326.asp
    He even admitted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well after what the did to James Bulger I do believe they should have remained in Jail, I do hope that some of the inmates that are in the jail Venables recognise him and put two and two together and give him what he deserves and I'm sure most parent's on here would agree they got off lightly for what they did. Just on C4 News if the media discover who he is the government will pay for an new identity for him and if thats discovered he will get another one.

Well after what the did to James Bulger I do believe they should have remained in Jail, I do hope that some of the inmates that are in the jail Venables recognise him and put two and two together and give him what he deserves and I'm sure most parent's on here would agree they got off lightly for what they did. Just on C4 News if the media discover who he is the government will pay for an new identity for him and if thats discovered he will get another one.

id imagine the british taxpayer will be over the moon with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Plug wrote: »
    One of them little bastards were supposed to be living in Kilkenny a few years back. Someone found out and wasent happy. I heard this off a good few people. He was living in Hebron park for a few months. Not really sure but who knows.

Pity it wasn't confirmed I'm sure James Bulger's dad and some of his uncles would have came over for the weekend to have a chat with him, do you know which one it was supposed to be? I'm guessing Thompson

• Advertisement

Pity it wasn't confirmed I'm sure James Bulger's dad and some of his uncles would have came over for the weekend to have a chat with him, do you know which one it was supposed to be? I'm guessing Thompson
    Thompson he said yes.

Plug wrote: »

Here he is and I remember the cnut aswel.
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/15year-sentence-for-wouldbe-killer.1493266.jp

More about him. http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2006/05/13/story3326.asp
    He even admitted it.
    FFS. Why post that? Do you really think that if he was one of the killers it wouldn't have been released already that he was in jailed 3 years ago.

Well after what the did to James Bulger I do believe they should have remained in Jail, I do hope that some of the inmates that are in the jail Venables recognise him and put two and two together and give him what he deserves and I'm sure most parent's on here would agree they got off lightly for what they did.
    So you want convicted criminals working on unverified hunches to dish out justice on behalf of everybody else? :rolleyes:

Just on C4 News if the media discover who he is the government will pay for an new identity for him and if thats discovered he will get another one.
    I'm sure the press already know who they are, they'd just be too afraid to actually print their identities.

I'm sure the press already know who he is, they'd just be too afraid the actually print their identities.

What exactly would happen to them? Is it just hefty 6-figure fine? If that was all then it could concievably be of value to go ahead and publish their details.

FFS. Why post that? Do you really think that if he was one of the killers it wouldn't have been released already that he was in jailed 3 years ago.

There protecting there identity, both of them:rolleyes: I thought that was clear. This nut job 'walsh' said he was Thompson who killed the poor kid. He moved to Ireland sortly after they were released from jail. I think he left from Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

El Weirdo wrote: »

THANK YOU!!! I had been resisting pointing that out from the start of the thread. But it does really highlight that this thread isn't about a little boy called James at all. It's the entire 'Jamie Bulger' media package and tbh its f*cking scary. Some of the punishments posters have suggested here are far worse than what took part in the crime itself. Does nobody else think that is really sick?? I can't even begin to address the bullshit that has been claimed here, how many people here even have the vaguest idea of what went on. They would know the stories of sexual abuse, batteries in his anus, hours of torture are tabloid shite and nothing more. And for the record, the child was not dragged kicking and screaming to his death, many witnesses reported him laughing and playing with the boys at certain stages.
    I'm not even beginning to condone what those boys did to James, but how could I turn around and call them evil whilst happily wishing the exact same savagery on them. This thread - it's very unsettling, that's all I'll say.

• Advertisement

What exactly would happen to them? Is it just hefty 6-figure fine? If that was all then it could concievably be of value to go ahead and publish their details.
    Don't know but I'd imagine courts take it very seriously when people break court injunctions.

But the press do know...
    April 2007 It is revealed that the Government has spent £13,000 preventing overseas magazines from revealing the killers’ new identities

Also found this interesting....
    Unconfirmed reports suggest that Venables has been involved in several violent incidents, including in December 2007 when he was allegedly stabbed after he accused another man of chatting up his girlfriend.

And this...
    After his release Venables is reported to have been allowed to join the Army. Unconfirmed reports suggested that he was now a born-again Christian, had settled down and had plans to marry. Thompson is said to be living with a gay partner, after attending art school.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

The Police would certainly have been watching these two individuals closely since their release, as such I find it very difficult to believe that they would have been imprisoned for any minor infringement of their t&c's. Nobody wants this case brought back into media attention - so much hurt, grief, disgust and venom surrounds these events, so I can only assume major infringement (ie trying to return to Liverpool, serious crime) or more likely his new identity was at risk of being exposed - therefore a risk to public safety.

The rumours of Venables moving to Ireland has always been a distinct possibilty - a key factor for their new ID on release would have been to remove any distuingishing feature, so an 18 year old boy, new to an area and with a scouse accent would have certainly raised questions. I assume these two were subject to voice training and the closest connection, linguisticaly, to a scouse accent would be a broad Dublin accent so Ireland would certainly have seemed a logical choice.
    Rumours also circulated at the time that he actually ended up sampling the hospitality of the Irish Prison Service (under his assumed id and therefore subject to same media ban) where response times on the frequent occassions he was attacked were somewhat prolonged. It seems even under assumed ID, that hadn't been rumbled by the prison population, he still had the abilty to make want to kick the b'jaysus out of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

why do people always suggest it was the parents' fault in crimes like this? bit unfair.
    I agree.
    xzanti wrote: »
    So imagine what he's capable of as an adult.
    It seems logical that a monster would grow up to be a bigger monster, but on the other hand, a person could become a completely different person as they grow older.
    Watched a documentary a few years back and it concluded that we are living in safer times relative to days gone by, and it is actually backed up statistically. It's just that all the horror stories are covered much more in our ever expanding amount of media outlets giving the impression that the world is a much more dangerous place than it actually is.
    Makes sense - but you'll still get the "the world is worse than ever" bleating here...
    He's not being smart. His mother mentioned that he was always only ever called "James" and it was just the media who started throwing the name "Jamie" around.
    Same with Maddie.

Blame society.

Blame their dirty flat.

There's a difference between an excuse and an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Truley wrote: »
    THANK YOU!!! I had been resisting pointing that out from the start of the thread. But it does really highlight that this thread isn't about a little boy called James at all. It's the entire 'Jamie Bulger' media package and tbh its f*cking scary. Some of the punishments posters have suggested here are far worse than what took part in the crime itself. Does nobody else think that is really sick?? I can't even begin to address the bullshit that has been claimed here, how many people here even have the vaguest idea of what went on. They would know the stories of sexual abuse, batteries in his anus, hours of torture are tabloid shite and nothing more. And for the record, the child was not dragged kicking and screaming to his death, many witnesses reported him laughing and playing with the boys at certain stages.
    I'm not even beginning to condone what those boys did to James, but how could I turn around and call them evil whilst happily wishing the exact same savagery on them. This thread - it's very unsettling, that's all I'll say.

That's an awfully high horse you are sitting on there.

Oh and in my opinion, there are WAY too many generalisations in your post.

From my point of view, with young children of my own, having read a huge amount about the case itself and learning about the actual facts, having lived in England at the time of the tragedy and generally trying to be objective about the whole issue along the way, I can honestly say, if it was me, I'd hunt them down and kill the bastards.

That's all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

I can honestly say, if it was me, I'd hunt them down and kill the bastards.
    But then that would make you a child killer! So someone would have to hunt you down and kill you. Then someone else ... :P

Truley wrote: »

how do you know that?

and no the things said here are not worse than what happened in 1993, ffs they are only words being spouted by people behind a screen angry at such a horrific case. what an insult by you to the bulger family for even suggesting such things to be worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

To be fair, I don't think a person objecting to graphic punishments dreamed up and posted on the net, is necessarily on a high horse... just a bit shocking that people can think such shit up, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

how do you know that?

and no the things said here are not worse than what happened in 1993, ffs they are only words being spouted by people behind a screen angry at such a horrific case. what an insult by you to the bulger family for even suggesting such things to be worse

On no official level was it claimed that James was raped or sodomised with a battery.

People here are advocating torture, rape - scalding with boiling water!! Do I owe it to the Bulger family, or the little child that died to carry on the violence and hysteria? I think it's an insult to the child's memory to surround his death with lies and turn it into outlet for people's hate and inhumanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

What he did was horrible, but he was a fcuking child when he did it.

Noone here knows if he is a scumbag now. He might have done feck all to get recalled. Irish prisoners who get Temproary release are supposed to stay sober, maybe it's the same for him and he happened to have a few drinks?

Unless it's released why he was recalled to prison, then people really shouldn't call for his death, or take delight in it.

I am FAR from a liberal person with regard to criminals, but he was a child when he did it. He probably is reformed.

normal children dont commit murder , have you never seen the movie halloween

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Welcome to After Hours :pac:
    We've to wait until someone murder's a child before we make a fuss?.
    Probably.

Have to say, Ill listen to anyone argue point, but the lack of sense, and the idea of 'burn the witch' from you is just crazy. Theres a reason that theres a law system, if guys like you had their way, wed live in a much worse world. Neither you or I can say whether these guys either can, or have changed in the intervening years, but there are people much better placed to do so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement