Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

James Bulger murderer Jon Venables returned to prison

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Co45

Plug wrote: »
    One of them little bastards were supposed to be living in Kilkenny a few years back. Someone found out and wasent happy. I heard this off a good few people. He was living in Hebron park for a few months. Not really sure but who knows.

Here he is and I remember the cnut aswel.
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/15year-sentence-for-wouldbe-killer.1493266.jp

More about him. http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2006/05/13/story3326.asp
    He even admitted it.

Interesting.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Truley wrote: »
    I can't even begin to address the bullshit that has been claimed here, how many people here even have the vaguest idea of what went on. They would know the stories of sexual abuse, batteries in his anus, hours of torture are tabloid shite and nothing more. And for the record, the child was not dragged kicking and screaming to his death, many witnesses reported him laughing and playing with the boys at certain stages.
    I'm not even beginning to condone what those boys did to James, but how could I turn around and call them evil whilst happily wishing the exact same savagery on them. This thread - it's very unsettling, that's all I'll say.

For gods sake he was two years of age, did you read the link posted by walshb, because I did and apart from the horror and pain that little boy had to endure before he died there probably were times he laughed, it's just as easy to make a toddler laugh as it is to make them cry.

I suggest you read the link, it is a long read and at times I had to stop reading and put it away for a while.

It should answer the part of your post I bolded.

Take a look, I have quoted it below.
    walshb wrote: »
    I read extensive coverage about this and both boys had issues, family issues and all that.
    Pretty rough really. Thompson's upbringing was worse from what I read.

Very good read

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/young/bulger/1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Co45 wrote: »
    Interesting.....

I've read this rumour before... doubt there will ever be any clarification on it though, if it was him, he probably has a new identity now again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Dudess wrote: »
    To be fair, I don't think a person objecting to graphic punishments dreamed up and posted on the net, is necessarily on a high horse... just a bit shocking that people can think such shit up, that's all.

have you not seen Martyrs? people are perfectly capable of dreaming up such graphic torture without real life provocation.
    i doubt you would accuse the writer of martyrs as being a disturbed individual for writing such a script.

i doubt that the majority of people who expressed vengeful thoughts in this thread would actually be capable of following through on them. i think deep down they would not feel good about such actions being taken. of course given the amount of people who view this board there maybe a couple that are capable of acting out such thoughts without regret but for most it's keyboard warrior reactionary stuff. i don't see it as a indication of a disturbed mind to have such thought about these killers - it's perfectly understandable in fact. frankly i would be shocked if people were desenitized to these two men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

wixfjord wrote: »
    Have to say, Ill listen to anyone argue point, but the lack of sense, and the idea of 'burn the witch' from you is just crazy. Theres a reason that theres a law system, if guys like you had their way, wed live in a much worse world.

/Puts smug hat on.

You don't know too many guys like me, people live in a more peaceful world because of guys like me, because as the recruitment mantra goes - I chose a life less ordinary.

Up your's pal.

Mean't to put this one up last night..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

/Puts smug hat on.

You don't know too many guys like me, people live in a more peaceful world because of guys like me, because as the recruitment mantra goes - I chose a life less ordinary.

Up your's pal.

Are you in the army?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I actually read that complete article (or something very similar) a few years back, around the time they were being released for prison. I'm no bleedin heart but the two kids had a less than ideal upbringing. No excuse for what they did, but it goes some way to explain how kids can act in such an evil and horrific manner.

The article I read was very long and very concise, and more importantly it just presented the known facts rather than the usual hysterical articles you read about such emotive cases.

I'd love to know how many times the editors of the main tabloids have come close to revealing their new identities. I'm sure their lawyers have weighed up the costs of papers sold against the ensuing lawsuit many many times. It's not as if they wouldn't be backed by the public if they went ahead and named them.

It's impossible to tell what terms of his parole he breached, and it can be something very minor. I would imagine that he was to tell anybody his true identity it would put him at such risk that it may be in violation of his parole and may result in him being brought back into custody for his own protection. I wonder if this had anything to do with it.

I think it might be something to do with this aswell. I hadn't heard the story about him getting married before now, but I do think that somehow his identity has been compromised. This might explain why they won't tell james' mother, or the public why he's been sent back to prison as they know alot of people would be angry that he is again been protected.

http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTTkr._Y5LoHUA8hJQBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBjcXBoZjEwBHBvcwMzBHNlYwNzcg--/SIG=13ds8ufqc/EXP=1267748734/**http%3a//uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100303/tuk-bulger-mother-killer-back-where-he-b-45dbed5.html
    Harry Fletcher, assistant general secretary of Napo, the probation union, said the recall was made public after officials became aware it had been leaked to a newspaper or other media outlet.

"The fact that the statement has been put out... does not mean he has been recalled within the last 24 hours," he said.

"It's more likely that information about his whereabouts has leaked and the Ministry of Justice has taken a pro-active step to limit the damage.

"He will now be in an adult prison somewhere in England and Wales."

Venables will appear before a hearing of the Parole Board within 28 days of being recalled where the details of the breach will be examined, he added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Are you in the army?

He's up somewhere

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

/Puts smug hat on.

Up your's pal.

However, you have rules to follow in doing the things you do that other people don't have the stomach for. I suspect those do not allow for you being judge, jury and executioner when you come across some bad guys, even if they have quite clearly broken some other rules themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Are you in the army?

Nah, hes a baker. His scones are sh1t-hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

I think im with the mob on this one too. Reading the link posted by Walshb earlier in the thread has made me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. How any child could be put through such extreme torture is beyond comprehension.

You cannot use the excuse of 'they were only ten'. Thats bullsh1t of the highest order. Kids of that age know right from wrong. They know the consequences of their actions. I have a 9yr old child and another 9yr old in my family and there is not a chance on earth they could be capable of something like this. The pain that poor boy must have been in as they beat him repeatedly. How hard he must have cried out and they still carried on and carried on and carried on.

Im sorry but these two should never have seen the light of day again. No amount of rehabilitation could help these two. I dont agree with giving them new identities and releasing them back into society either. Imagine finding out that either of them was living in the locality and your kids were out playing nearby. Even if there was only a 1 / 1,000,000 chance of them doing it again. Its not a risk worth taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Plug wrote: »
    One of them little bastards were supposed to be living in Kilkenny a few years back. Someone found out and wasent happy. I heard this off a good few people. He was living in Hebron park for a few months. Not really sure but who knows.

Here he is and I remember the cnut aswel.
    http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/15year-sentence-for-wouldbe-killer.1493266.jp

More about him. http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2006/05/13/story3326.asp
    He even admitted it.

How the hell could it have been him? There's no way the Gardai wouldn't have known about this, there's no way he'd have been allowed in the country. Other countries don't tend to harbour convicted murderers of other countries during prohbation. There is no way it is him.
    bonerm wrote: »
    What exactly would happen to them? Is it just hefty 6-figure fine? If that was all then it could concievably be of value to go ahead and publish their details.

There are people in Britain who would kill those 2 within an hour of their identities been revealed. The consequences for any newspaper which did it would be dire.

That is why the media reports surrounding their supposed new identities ie telling us one is a born again Christian ect is BS. They're just selling papers and making up shite. I'm sure they know who and where they are now but revealing any details would repersent gross misconduct for a newspaper, even one like the Sun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just an update:
    Last night it emerged Venables had put back in custody for committing violence against a colleague.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255274/James-Bulger-killer-Jon-Venables-sent-jail-drugs-workplace-brawl.html#ixzz0hC4OJAs5

Biggins wrote: »
    Just an update:
    Last night it emerged Venables had put back in custody for committing violence against a colleague.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255274/James-Bulger-killer-Jon-Venables-sent-jail-drugs-workplace-brawl.html#ixzz0hC4OJAs5

Probably someone younger than him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Just an update:

Ahh biggins the "daily mail" Its tabloid sh1te. While i never though they should have been realeased in such a way I would not believe the daily mail either.

• Advertisement

Ahh biggins the "daily mail" Its tabloid sh1te. While i never though they should have been released in such a way I would not believe the daily mail either.
    You have a point about the paper but the details I suspect are correct, for many reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What is this incessant hatred for the Daily Mail? They are the ones reporting the stuff that we are reading. Now, has anyone proof that this article is crap, lies and untrue?

For such a loathed paper, it sure does get a lot of hits on this site....

Instead of dissing and slating the Mail, why not post from an alternative and " better and more
    reliable
    " source? Newspaper snobbery, the new thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Instead of dissing and slating the Mail, why not post from an alternative and " better and more
    reliable
    " source? Newspaper snobbery, the new thing!
    Maybe " better and more reliable" sources don't print tabloid style conjecture and hearsay?

The Mail does indeed produce a lot of rubbish BUT to be fair no more so than the Sun, Star, etc.
    Once in a while they do actually produce "first with the news" accurate reports and they do cover some VERY important issues - I can state this myself as my daughter was involved at a top level in the papers campaign for stopping the critical damaging cuts being done by Harney and co.

In this case about the Bulger murder - they were first today to reveal the truth as to why one man was sent back.
    I posted a link.
    If absolute "Mail" haters don't like the story, fair enough but post a link to a news papers that refutes their shared story.

Think of me as an idiot but I actually think there are genuine journalists working in all papers that once in a while produce something that is accurate and true based on data and sources sometimes they can't reveal for obvious reasons. This includes the Mail in regards to this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If absolute "Mail" haters don't like the story, fair enough but post a link to a news papers that refutes their shared story.
    Newspapers don't work that way though. They don't spend their time doing back and forths disputing content in rival newspapers.

• Advertisement

Maybe " better and more reliable" sources don't print tabloid style conjecture and hearsay?

How do you know it's hearsay? Proof? Wanna' produce the real story?

I don't read the Mail much, as I find it difficult to read, it is quite dense and detailed.
    I do however read the website, which I find very very good and loaded with
    news and stories, almost too much really.

So, if you have such a problem with the Mail, maybe we can see the alternative, the truth?

Newspapers don't work that way though. They don't spend their time doing back and forths disputing content in rival newspapers.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not have a go at you as such - just at a general feeling that is prevalent with the public within your post.
    There is a standard basic rule of journalism. The ABC rule (Always Be Covered).
    If the paper was to mis-report something that is so topical, important to the public and the families involved, they, the reporters would possibly be staked in the streets for doing such bad reporting.
    Granted they are not perfect - thats obvious - and on superficial rubbish they and others often break the ABC rule, but on THIS subject alone, you can be damn sure they have their story right - if only to refute the government and their lawyers who has spent thousands trying to suppress the story and some details.
    You can be sure the legal department of the Mail on this one whole story is making sure their ass is covered I suspect.

From reading some comments about the Mail on this site, you would swear that the paper prints nothing but lies, which is not the case. Papers these days cannot afford to be lying. They will be pulled and will pay heavily. Of course not all the time they abide by the rules, but you can bet that those at the Mail do take legalities quite serious, truths and untruths.

From reading some comments about the Mail on this site, you would swear that the paper prints nothing but lies, which is not the case. Papers these days cannot afford to be lying. They will be pulled and will pay heavily. Of course not all the time they abide by the rules, but you can bet that those at the Mail do take legalities quite serious, truths and untruths.

Tbh, its this forum that got me reading The Mail!.

And when we look at the member's profiles using AH the vast majority are between their teen years and early twenties, hardly full of life's experiences to make a judgement IMO.

I 'tend to believe The Mail's story because the two have already shown us they've the potential to commit the most heinous of crimes, and as someone said earlier they committed their murder, torture & sexual abuse of a baby when they were ten - imagine the potential for violence now!.

Tbh, its this forum that got me reading The Mail!.

And when we look at the member's profiles using AH the vast majority are between their teen years and early twenties, hardly full of life's experiences to make a judgement IMO.

I 'tend to believe The Mail's story because the two have already shown us they've the potential to commit the most heinous of crimes, and as someone said earlier they committed their murder, torture & sexual abuse of a baby when they were ten - imagine the potential for violence now!.

On the right track there, Tiana Odd Starvation; I tend to think that there is validity to this story, though the Daily Star here in Ireland is saying that Venables may be back inside because of domestic violence against his lover...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I think a lot of people often just look at the readership of a particular newspaper and make their decision as to the merits of that newspaper or the validity of its writing entirely on that much alone.

...the Daily Star here in Ireland is saying that Venables may be back inside because of domestic violence against his lover...

LOL
    Between you and us here, I suspect the Star is doing an old established trick of poking the proverbial bee hive and hope that something emerges for them. :pac:
    All the other papers come up with "maybe" stories - the Mail has done it themselves sometimes in order to produce a response from someone previously. :)
    The Bulger story is a highly emotive one for what it is and the families involved, that alone (if not legal ramifications as well) leads be to believe that their is a lot of truth in what they printed today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

What he did was horrible, but he was a fcuking child when he did it.

I dont think the fact that he was a child when he did it will lessen Jamies's parent's pain, nor will it make Jamie less dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

What he did was horrible, but he was a fcuking child when he did it.

I dont think the fact that he was a child when he did it will lessen Jamies's parent's pain, nor will it make Jamie less dead.

that's not really his point though is it?

I honestly think that if I had done something like that as a child that when the realisation of my actions dawned on me that I wouldn't want live any more. I certainly wouldn't feel personally that I deserved the right to 'move on' or an opportunity to 'lead a normal life' as these pair have been allowed to.

I wonder have they actually been convinced by now by social services et al that they were just victims of circumstance themselves? You see it in daily life that some people are able to justify almost anything they do, so I think that'd be just as big a crime if this pair are going thru their daily life now without being endlessly haunted by their actions.

• Advertisement

that's not really his point though is it?
    No, it's MINE.

No, it's MINE.

yeah, but you're avoiding the core argument. nobody here is downplaying the pain his parents suffer or his 'deadness'. people are debating whether or not it's possible to rehabilitate his killers. i'm not even on the side of those who think it's possible, but i'm still willing to point out when someone is completely missing the point of the debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I think the point here is.. neither of you can quote

actually i can.

yeah, but you're avoiding the core argument. nobody here is downplaying the pain his parents suffer or his 'deadness'. people are debating whether or not it's possible to rehabilitate his killers. i'm not even on the side of those who think it's possible, but i'm still willing to point out when someone is completely missing the point of the debate.

Fair enough point taken. I too, am not persuaded by the concept of rehab.

I think the point here is...you are trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

For gods sake he was two years of age, did you read the link posted by walshb, because I did and apart from the horror and pain that little boy had to endure before he died there probably were times he laughed, it's just as easy to make a toddler laugh as it is to make them cry.

I suggest you read the link, it is a long read and at times I had to stop reading and put it away for a while.

It should answer the part of your post I bolded.

Take a look, I have quoted it below.

I'm not getting into the gory details about the murder nor am I denying bad things happened what I was trying to point out is nobody here is talking about James Bulger its 'Jamie Bulger' the entire media circus, and the majority of people here are basing their facts from tabloid newspapers. The kid is almost like a tabloid brand name at this stage.
    You realise hundreds if not thousands of children are being abused every single day in this country?? If people feel so passionately about the safety of children why not actually take steps to change things instead of creating internet lynch mobs. And yes some of the torture methods mentioned on this thread are on a par with what has been mentioned in your link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The Mail does indeed produce a lot of rubbish BUT to be fair no more so than the Sun, Star, etc.

They're absolute trash too.

It is interesting tho how we get "Jamie" and "Maddie" but not "little Bobbie Thompson" and "little Johnny Veneables". The media do have to take some blame the way they manipulate the facts to create archetypical characters that'll fit the story they're trying to tell.

• Advertisement

They're absolute trash too.

Why?

I keep hearing all this, yet nobody seems to want to post something that
    isn't trash. What makes them trash? Is it ALL the lies, page 3, pictures, snippets,
    what?

I just think it's plain old snobbery for the sake of it. It's ludicrous.

I'm not getting into the gory details about the murder nor am I denying bad things happened what I was trying to point out is nobody here is talking about James Bulger its 'Jamie Bulger' the entire media circus, and the majority of people here are basing their facts from tabloid newspapers. The kid is almost like a tabloid brand name at this stage.
    You realise hundreds if not thousands of children are being abused every single day in this country?? If people feel so passionately about the safety of children why not actually take steps to change things instead of creating internet lynch mobs. And yes some of the torture methods mentioned on this thread are on a par with what has been mentioned in your link.

I agree that the media DO turn things into circuses but...

1) reporting on something does not make it less of a crime.

2)People are entitled to be shocked and outraged at what happened without being obliged to go out and dedicate their lives to saving children.

3)The murder of James Bolger and the abuse of other children are not mutually exclusive, It is possible to be equally horrified by both. Caring about one does not, by default mean you dont care about the other.

4) The abuse of other children does not negate how Jamie was abused.

bonerm wrote: »
    It is interesting tho how we get "Jamie" and "Maddie" but not "little Bobbie Thompson" and "little Johnny Veneables". The media do have to take some blame the way they manipulate the facts to create archetypical characters that'll fit the story they're trying to tell.

The media do that a lot, I remember the Mccanns pleading with them to stop calling her maddie because she never went by that name, but to be honest regardless of what the papers call these kids, it doesnt take from the fact that this crime was committed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Co45

Why?

isn't trash. What makes them trash? Is it ALL the lies, page 3, pictures, snippets,
    what?

Take a look at the amount of defamation cases brought against these papers. They are constantly caught flat out lying and exagerrating claims. They also write in such a way as to dramatize to the uptmost degree any story creating hysteria in the public. They have, in the past, been libel for racist, homophobic and sexist comments. They are completely biased, In every story they create a hero and villian scenario giving people skewed views of the inciddent. Regular spelling mistakes and poorly constructed sentences is not something I expect in a newspaper either.
    Thats why it's trash.

Co45 wrote: »
    Take a look at the amount of defamation cases brought against these papers. They are constantly caught flat out lying and exagerrating claims. They also write in such a way as to dramatize to the uptmost degree any story creating hysteria in the public. They have, in the past, been libel for racist, homophobic and sexist comments. They are completely biased, In every story they create a hero and villian scenario giving people skewed views of the inciddent. Regular spelling mistakes and poorly constructed sentences is not something I expect in a newspaper either.
    Thats why it's trash.

Wow, it's a bloody wonder that any of these papers even sell. So, have you an alternative, a paper that is the real deal, tells the facts, doesn't get spelling incorrect:rolleyes:, doesn't exaggerate. I'd really love to hear of this great alternative....

BTW, just because a defamation case is brought against a paper doesn't tell the whole story.
    How many succeed? That is the real piece of information needed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I agree that the media DO turn things into circuses but...

1) reporting on something does not make it less of a crime.

2)People are entitled to be shocked and outraged at what happened without being obliged to go out and dedicate their lives to saving children.

3)The murder of James Bolger and the abuse of other children are not mutually exclusive, It is possible to be equally horrified by both. Caring about one does not, by default mean you dont care about the other.

4) The abuse of other children does not negate how Jamie was abused.

Look i'm really sick of this thread tbh it's so predictable and pointless. I abhor voilence of any kind whether against a defensless child or a supposed 'baddie.' I know I have a good moral compass. But its not morals that are the issue here its moral panic I dislike.

• Advertisement

Look i'm really sick of this thread tbh it's so predictable and pointless. I abhor voilence of any kind whether against a defensless child or a supposed 'baddie.' I know I have a good moral compass. But its not morals that are the issue here its moral panic I dislike.
    Then why are you subscribed to it? No offence but nobody is forcing you to take part.
    Explain your point re moral panic please

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Sky news is reporting that speculation is mounting that the breech was of a violent nature if this is true he should never be allowed out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Why?

what?

Hahahah, no.

What utter bollocks.
    So you want to know how fucking awful that shitrag is, lets take a little break from this delightful circle jerk of I'm-more-upset-than-thou, shall we.

So, how about the daily mails obsession with cancer. Where they'll take any minor finding and misrepresent the living fuck out of it.
    Like this one, yes curcumin has been shown to slow cancer but it only makes up 2-3% of Turmeric so in order to get an effective does you'd need to consume about an ounce of it. A day.
    Have fun with that.

But science reporting is bad in general, so lets look at some of the mails biggest MO, lying through it's fucking teeth.

This story with it's headline "Suicide patient's body lay undiscovered in hospital toilet for FOUR days"
    Shocking!
    Except it's not really as it seems.
    The first few paragraphs paint a picture that a patient had just hopped out of his bed and decided to top himself and everyone missed it.
    However if you actually go beyond the headline you'll find that the man was not a patient at the hospital. He had been, but had discharged himself against the advice of doctors. He then went back into the hospital without the knowledge of staff.

or how about this the death of Georgina Williams in which the verdict of the inquest, the family of the girl and the police all point towards a tragic accident with no identifiable cause, what does the mail run with?
    Grammar schoolgirl, 14, found hanged after row with pupils from nearby comprehensive. Stay classy Daily Mail.

Ohh and the delightful hatchet job they did on teenagers what dress funny. High quality journalism there.

Now, i've just pulled a few random examples off the top of my head because my time and the space here is finite, but if you're still under the illusion that there's no identifiable reason as to why the mail is considered a shitrag of the highest order, then you're deluding yourself.

It's shit, all tabloids are as bad and anyone who actually reads it is a moron.

Hahahah, no.

What utter bollocks.
    So you want to know how fucking awful that shitrag is, lets take a little break from this delightful circle jerk of I'm-more-upset-than-thou, shall we.

So, how about the daily mails obsession with cancer. Where they'll take any minor finding and misrepresent the living fuck out of it.
    Like this one, yes curcumin has been shown to slow cancer but it only makes up 2-3% of Turmeric so in order to get an effective does you'd need to consume about an ounce of it. A day.
    Have fun with that.

But science reporting is bad in general, so lets look at some of the mails biggest MO, lying through it's fucking teeth.

This story with it's headline "Suicide patient's body lay undiscovered in hospital toilet for FOUR days"
    Shocking!
    Except it's not really as it seems.
    The first few paragraphs paint a picture that a patient had just hopped out of his bed and decided to top himself and everyone missed it.
    However if you actually go beyond the headline you'll find that the man was not a patient at the hospital. He had been, but had discharged himself against the advice of doctors. He then went back into the hospital without the knowledge of staff.

or how about this the death of Georgina Williams in which the verdict of the inquest, the family of the girl and the police all point towards a tragic accident with no identifiable cause, what does the mail run with?
    Grammar schoolgirl, 14, found hanged after row with pupils from nearby comprehensive. Stay classy Daily Mail.

Ohh and the delightful hatchet job they did on teenagers what dress funny. High quality journalism there.

Now, i've just pulled a few random examples off the top of my head because my time and the space here is finite, but if you're still under the illusion that there's no identifiable reason as to why the mail is considered a shitrag of the highest order, then you're deluding yourself.

It's shit, all tabloids are as bad and anyone who actually reads it is a moron.

So, that's all great. Now, what is it that you read that makes you NOT a moron? Or don't you read at all. Seems that you have done a lot of tabloid reading to come out with all this, wee bit hypocritical?

Regards the article about the hanged girl. Is there some definite reason as to why she died?
    The parents and Police and inquest have a view, but others also have their views. Nobody is
    right, and ONLY the girl really knows why. This is the case with many suicides.

So, that's all great. Now, what is it that you read that makes you NOT a moron? Or don't you read at all. Seems that you have done a lot of tabloid reading to come out with all this, wee bit hypocritical?

Good one :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement