Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerkros Cosyman boiler - leaking from bottom

• 02-03-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

My Mum phoned to say her boiler is leaking water from the bottom. Before asking a plumber to come take a look (and charge a call-out fee!), I thought I'd first ask for some tips on boards.ie. It's a Gerkros Cosyman outdoor oil boiler. Does anyone have an idea of what's broken? I've tried looking for manuals online but found out that Gerkros no longer exists and other (UK) websites charge for access to boiler manuals. If anyone can help, that would be great! I can find out more details if required.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭c ashelmore

Sound like you would be better to get someone to have a look.Is the burner still running? Is the pipework visible?How about the pressure relief valve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 joey baby

Thanks Ashelmore. My post was a desperate plea and I take your point to get it checked. Apparently, the water leak is due to general corrosion... but there is a separate problem with the burner now not operating! My mum is on the case. She will get the burner replaced but the boiler will soon need to be replaced due the corrosion. (It's only less than 8 years old so I'm surprised that it needs replacing.) It's difficult for her on her own to get these sorts of things sorted and difficult for me to advise from a distance! Thanks again.

Advertisement