Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loans for travelling...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I would not recommend deceiving a bank in order to get a loan to go travelling.

Why not ?, they been deceiving everybody for years !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

danbohan wrote: »
    Why not ?, they been deceiving everybody for years !

they've caused a huge disception on how much they were involved with deceivers. Now its time for the receivers!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

here here!! haha

Well... I sat down at the weekend and did a bit of budgeting (getting old?!). Have cleared flights on the credit card and factoring in what I'll be making, spending and saving turns out I'll have over €2,000 for when I set off! Not factoring in any tax back (need to look into this a bit more) or money I'll get from parents/siblings/aunts/uncles at the going away party, which ties in with my birthday :D -hopefully a nice earner on top! Thankfully won't be going down the route of a bank loan, think it was the nerves getting to me -cannot wait to get over there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

shanofin wrote: »
    Well... I sat down at the weekend and did a bit of budgeting (getting old?!). Have cleared flights on the credit card and factoring in what I'll be making, spending and saving turns out I'll have over €2,000 for when I set off! Not factoring in any tax back (need to look into this a bit more) or money I'll get from parents/siblings/aunts/uncles at the going away party, which ties in with my birthday :D -hopefully a nice earner on top! Thankfully won't be going down the route of a bank loan, think it was the nerves getting to me -cannot wait to get over there now!

Mate you are you just really stupid or something? did you not read the bit about sufficient funds for a WHV?...... at the moment you don't have enough money.... your about €1330 short.

$5000 is about €3328

Financial requirements

You must have access to sufficient funds to support yourself for the initial stage of your holiday. Generally, AUD$5000 may be regarded as sufficient, but the amount may vary depending on your length of stay and the extent of your travel. You should also have a return or onward ticket or the funds for a fare to depart Australia.

You may be asked to provide evidence. Evidence may include a certified copy of a bank statement and an air ticket out of Australia.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

• Advertisement

*side note -is there a way of blocking people that you don't have read their constant moany posts?!!

I'm well aware of the requirement. Yes I do have access to the amount... If I'm asked to produce a bank statement on arrival saying I've that amount in my account I will. I have a return ticket that I can show them too. Criteria fulfilled.

All I was concerned about in this thread is how much money I'll be needing to get started over there for the first month. I've been to the USA before on a visa where I had to produce proof of funds and I have. Let me worry about fulfilling my visa requirements.

By the way, I'm not your mate (yet) - consider myself intelligent and at the end of your sentence you should've used "you're" not "your" (also note the extra you at the start)!

Now, back to happy thoughts of me arriving in Australia.... ahhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

By the way, I'm not your mate (yet) - consider myself intelligent and at the end of your sentence you should've used "you're" not "your" (also note the extra you at the start)!

Now, back to happy thoughts of me arriving in Australia.... ahhhh

Well according to your original post you did state that any advice would be appreciated.... I was just giving you what you asked for. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055843927

If you are so thin skinned about it then I don't think Australia is place for you..

YAWN :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Birthday parties can be a good earner. I remember being at a 22 year old's 21st once, he didn't have one at the time but needed cash for travelling so sneaked one in. :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

*side note -is there a way of blocking people that you don't have read their constant moany posts?!!

Yes you can put a poster on ignore. Click their profile and there's an option for it. However if you wish to keep contributing to the forum while in Australia I suggest you change your own attitude, i.e. leave your grammar Nazi hat in Ireland. If you have a problem with a post or poster then report the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Oisintarrant

Funny how you come on asking for advice but ignore the ones you dont wanna hear. You mentioned earlier you dont have $5000 to go with, yet a few posts later, you say you will. Also, couch surfing has a very thin skin in Oz from experience, having kicked out and been kicked out. Its not like college or home. one tip for you though if its Sydney you go to, try Haye's recruitment. Got a handy gig in a mailing depot making 700 bucks a week.

Advertisement