Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SRPs??? Geography

Options
  • 02-03-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I didn't do leaving cert geography - did it in uni though so do know the stuff and have promised my cousin I'll help him with revision for the LC.

All the marking schemes I've looked at though mention SRPs but I can't figure out what it stands for. And on here, I also saw some geography students mention them. Now I could ask my cousin but I don't want him thinking I'm totally clueless when I'm supposed to be helping him so if someone could tell me what the hell SRP stands for I'd really appreciate it - thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

A significant relevant point. 2 marks each on higher if you make one. Once your sentence is coherent, has information, thats all you need.

For example:
    "the services sector make up 70% of the dublin region's employment"
    (the fact isnt exact)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Our teacher is always harping on about them!
    S-significant
    R-relevant
    P-point

Basically it just refers to what you have to write to gain a 'mark' depending on whether this is at Hons/Ord it's 2/3 marks per SRP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

thanks a million - I figured it was something like that but just could not figure out what the abbriviation was! God forbid there would be a decoder on the marking scheme or anything - hehe :P

thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

my teacher uses a good system to make sure you have enough SRP's
    she uses speed:D
    S-statement(a meander is a curve or bend in a river)
    P-process(hydraulic action)
    E-example(river shannon)
    E-explanation
    D-diagram

for example for a 30 mark essay the breadown of marks to srp's should be
    S-2
    P-2x2
    E-2
    E-2x10
    D-2(an excellent diagram can get 4 marks)

Hope this helps:D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Yeah I've had,

F-feature
    E-explanation
    E-example
    D-diagram
    P-processes

from my teacher as a way of remembering for 5 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement