Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap flights to Sydney

Options
  • 02-03-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I'm arranging my own visa and flights to Australia. Does anyone know who the cheapest airline to fly into Sydney with is? Save me time trawling the different airlines. Looking to fly first or second week in April! Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

If your looking for the cheapest make sure you book your flights after the 17th. Booked mine through USIT, pretty decent and helpful. Looked at other prices and that, probably could of saved myself 30 quid, if i was going for the cheapest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

If your looking for the cheapest make sure you book your flights after the 17th.

Why wait till after the 17th? Wouldn't the seats be selling out now as it's getting pretty close? From my experience the later you leave it the less choice you have as the cheaper classes fill up first.

I mean book your flights for these dates if your booking now. At the time i booked mine which was about a month ago, there was a difference of a few hundred quid if i booked a flight from the start of April compared to that of the 16th of April onwards

Ah I must have Paddys day on the brain. I thought you meant book after 17th March. Sorry about that.

To the OP I'd go into a GOOD travel agent. The websites that do comparisons are frequently (for me) more expensive. You can get great deals from London but then you've to add on the price of getting there which can bump the price up more than a travel agent will get you from Dublin. Also they can see if there are a couple of seats left in a particular class or hundreds and advise you better.
    I don't think any airline is particularly cheap in general. They just have different deals on.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

done! i'd advise against usit. they quoted me €930 today to fly dublin-london-frankfurt-singapore-sydney. a flight with ethiad on the same day dublin-abu dhabi-sydney came in at €917. both return. usit charge €150 change fee where ethiad charge €120. my brother highly reccomended ethiad. book now for 2,500 bonus airmiles! flying out april 20th

• Advertisement

Yea not much of a difference, i'll be flying with qantas just booked it through usit as i am making a stop over for a week then straight on to oz. Best of luck with it all :D

shanofin wrote: »
    done! i'd advise against usit. they quoted me €930 today to fly dublin-london-frankfurt-singapore-sydney. a flight with ethiad on the same day dublin-abu dhabi-sydney came in at €917. both return. usit charge €150 change fee where ethiad charge €120. my brother highly reccomended ethiad. book now for 2,500 bonus airmiles! flying out april 20th

Fair enough. The bricks and mortar shop was €13 more expensive. That's terrible. :) For a change fee you know the travel agent has to contact the airline to change the flight so unless they do that for free it's always going to be more expensive than contacting Ethiad yourself.

Anyway enjoy your trip. Wouldn't mind getting somewhere a bit warmer myself these days. I'm getting a bit tired of the frost every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MissSuki

I booked with Trailfinders and I'm flying with Qantas, heading out 4th of May.
    My route is Dublin/Frankfurt/Singapore/Sydney/Bangkok/London/Dublin
    I am stopping over in Singapore for 2 days then into Sydney. On the way back I am stopping in Bangkok for 3.5 weeks. Total price was €1050 with a change fee of only €100, I thougth that was a pretty good price! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Air Asia are ridiculously cheap Oz->London atm, might be worth looking into if its cheap the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Might anyone have caught the George Hook travel show this week he was seemingly talking about getting tickets to australia for 800euro return.

I am looking for tickets heading out Dec 27th and coming back about a month later.

I cant wait til the weekend which is 2.5 hours away... i dont know how ill be able to wait til december !

Cheapest i found was with malaysia airlines for about 1050e. ill check out those two places too. anywhere else i might check ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shanofin

It wasn't the price that sold me it was the fact there was only one stopover. The idea of Dublin-London-Frankfurt-Singapore-Sydney just didn't sit well when Dublin-Abu Dhabi-Sydney was on offer! It was a mate who advised me to go Ethiad and he found them much better than Quantas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Carmelp

im looking around for the best deals at the moment. and ive found booking two separate flights to be the cheapest. well im only booking one way but london-bangkok (with Thai Airways) and Ho Chi Min city-Sydney (with JetStar i think) is around €660, which in my opinion is good.
    im spending a few weeks travelling through thailand, cambodia and vietnam but im pretty sure u can get really cheap domestic flights within this region (30-100 euro).
    my brother is planning the same trip but on return, and its going to cost around €1000.

i just found this website today though and it has pretty good prices http://www.australianholidays.ie/

jetstar is like ryanair for SE Asia! cheap, no frills.

smilinjack.com has a list of airlines

Advertisement