Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes for a baby boy

Options
  • 02-03-2010 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hello!

Today my cousin had a baby boy and I want to get him some clothes. They are coming to visit us in April, so I have a few weeks to get something.

I will be getting prizebonds, but I want to get some clothes too, as when my three other baby cousins were born (a few years ago now) I got them clothes as well as prizebonds.

I have looked on asos, but, I didn't see anything that I liked.

I don't want to spend too much, say €40 - €50 euros, including shipping.

Can anyone recommend some websites that sell good quality clothes at reasonable prices?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Why don't you try downstairs in Debenhams, they have great designer baby clothes at very reasonable prices!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think Next is the best shop for baby boy's clothes, they're great quality and super cute!

http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/

Shipping is €5 from their website or you could just go to a store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thank you both.

Unforunately there is no Debenhams where I live and the website doesn't deliver to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Next have beautiful clothes for babies

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

I agree with Next i have an 18month old and Next stuff is SO nice. It also washes really well too no shrinking or stretching.

Tescos brand cherokee isn't half bad either!! There is also Adams who have a buy one get one half price atm. I got a pair of wellies, brown boots and slippers for 10.02 in there the other day - Bargain :eek:

HTH

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

THE cutest onsies in the world http://kids.threadless.com/catalog/babies

Thanks guys.

Twee, is that website based in the USA? I ask because the prices are in Dollars.

Does anyone know of anymore websites?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread moved to Parenting :)

Twee. wrote: »
    Thread moved to Parenting :)
    Thank you.:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you're going to get Jeans or such and not baby grows get them in at least 3-6 as small babies are changed so often that they rarely leave the babygrows as they're easy to do changes in.

Next have lovely stuff, when I'm buying gifts I usually get something from www.boden.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dunnes,next,Name it and Debenhams all have lovely boys clothes.
    The main issue with Debenhams is they charge 50-60% exchange rate on sterling and Next although not quite as bad are terrible too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kia123

Check out a website hipbaby.ie - some lovely stuff & delivery is super quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Penneys can't be beaten for value. €40 would go a long way there and their stuff is decent quality too. Being good value can be seen as cheap but as a parent I don't care as long as its nice.

A good idea to buy for at least 6 months+ size as everyone seems to buy newborn or 0-3months and at that age, babies usually just wear babygrows and vests and not too many outfits. In my house anyway ;-)

Dunnes and Tescos are reasonable value too.

Debenhams have lovely stuff but as mentioned before they don't deliver to Ireland and their shops here have a crazy exchange rate.

Next stuff is good too but they do have some raggy stuff so seeing in person is best. Mothercare is another option (not sure if they have an online shop though).

Littlewoods.ie deliver and there are always voucher codes for them. Their sales are good and delivery is free (maybe after spending X amount, I can't remember).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

For great value Tesco baby clothes are excellent and they wash really well.

Advertisement