Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need insurance for my itouch

Options
  • 03-03-2010 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i got an itouch for christmas that came with a one year warranty...however I've been doing some research and i've read that personal damages (dropping it in a pint glass for example, not that I plan on doing this etc) are not covered under the warranty and it merely covers you if the hardware breaks etc but not if it's stolen..

Can anyone clarify this for me? I know you can get it covered on home insurance but I'm renting a place so havent gotten any cover. I've had a look on the apple website at the warranty conditions but it's not clear if personal damage/if it's stolen etc is covered.

thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Warranty is for a fault in the product, not for accidental damage or theft. This is the same for all warranties be it for an iPod Touch or a washing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

never heard of anyone insuring an mp3 player before, were you reading about iphone insurance, its a different device !

Advertisement