Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody interested in an XBox Live tournament?

Options
  • 03-03-2010 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I know many people think online sucks, but it's pretty much the only way I can play against people, seeing as I usually work weekends/nights. Had a few successful tournaments so far with the European members of GFAQs and a few randoms. Hoping to pick up a few more participants, because basically, it's a real struggle to get a good sized group together.

Signup thread and rules are here: http://thegladiatorroom.com/forums/index.php?topic=78.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'd say a few from here would be up for it...But have you decided on a day yet? I'll put a post up on eSports.ie when there's a definate date - hopefully get you some views...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Online rocks it's the new world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Yeh I'd say Ropedrink would be cuz he doesn't have the chance to get to offline tourneys so this might be right up his street.

Rope?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

The date has been set for Monday night, 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

signed up there cheers chris!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Ropes only on the PC. Online tournies should be good craic when super comes out.

As long as people don't make them 360 only all the damn time :mad: :p

They were fun on 2df due to the lobby system so everyone was in a chat room and talking. I can't see that happening on a console :( & if super makes it to pc I suppose we could set up our own lobby in a chat program like IRC or steam, or teamspeak even.

Sisko wrote: »
    They were fun on 2df due to the lobby system so everyone was in a chat room and talking. I can't see that happening on a console :( & if super makes it to pc I suppose we could set up our own lobby in a chat program like IRC or steam, or teamspeak even.

Um, it's already mentioned in the rules, but we have our own chatroom, kindly donated by one of the good fellows from GFAQs, on Mibbit. Would be pretty tough to arrange all those matches otherwise. I know you'd need the PC running at the same time, but it's better than nothing, and for the people for whom that isn't an option, XBL's Party system is a good way to keep the rest of the players updated on what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

i'd probably be down for this,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Prepared to be pwned peeps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Signed myself up for the craic. I'll probably be knocked out of that other LIVE tourney by Unky Chop Chop on Sunday anyways =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sairus wrote: »
    Signed myself up for the craic. I'll probably be knocked out of that other LIVE tourney by Unky Chop Chop on Sunday anyways =D

I smell an identity thief!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Chris IWS wrote: »
    Um, it's already mentioned in the rules, but we have our own chatroom, kindly donated by one of the good fellows from GFAQs, on Mibbit. Would be pretty tough to arrange all those matches otherwise. I know you'd need the PC running at the same time, but it's better than nothing, and for the people for whom that isn't an option, XBL's Party system is a good way to keep the rest of the players updated on what's going on.

thats cool yeah, its kinda needed alright. I didn't check cause I'm not on 360, was just commenting on online tournies in general.

I smell an identity thief!!!!

Wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 homemadextc

sure ill have a go , also i noticed that someone called the green ranger isnt allowed to play how come? ohh my main is akuma.............hey can someone sign me up on that page so i dont have to register?

...is it really that much effort to register on a forum?

sure ill have a go , also i noticed that someone called the green ranger isnt allowed to play how come? ohh my main is akuma.............hey can someone sign me up on that page so i dont have to register?

Green Ranger isn't allowed because he's in America, he just keeps bugging me to let him enter the Euros because he's annoying like that. :P

As for not registering, no. If you can't even be bothered to register, I basically wouldn't consider you dependable enough to show up on the night. No offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I signed up. Should be good. Be warned....the stretchy indian has meditated on the subject and he tells me we are destined to win. :p

Thanks to the guys that took part in this. Hope you enjoyed yourselves.

http://thegladiatorroom.com/forums/index.php?topic=80.msg555#msg555

Advertisement