Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing scratches on watches

• 03-03-2010 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi there.

Would anyone have an information about removing scratches on watches?

It'd be for a glass face.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

depending on the extent of the scratches....... this will sound crazy but it works.......... if thaey are small scratches rather than gouges.... try polishing the watch face with liquid brasso. ( brass polisher)

dont uses the brasso impregnated fibre stuff as that may be slighlty ebrasive. it depends on the age of the watch too. try it on chepa watch first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Thanks Martron. May give that a whirl so, as it's a pretty minor blemish. I'll have to try it on a cheaper Casio or whatnot as you say - although before I go hell for leather on my Breguet I might give it a bit more research. Be a shame if the acrylic didn't take too kindly to the brasso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

yeah i would think it would work best on gleass or mineral face

Advertisement