Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mole problem

• 03-03-2010 12:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭

I have this little mole on the back of my neck, right where people normally get the tattoo's. Its not a bit OMg would you look at that, you would have to really look to notice it.
    I presume I cant just tattoo it, so does anyone know if I get rid of it can I then tattoo the fecker?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

seanybiker wrote: »
    I have this little mole on the back of my neck, right where people normally get the tattoo's. Its not a bit OMg would you look at that, you would have to really look to notice it.
    I presume I cant just tattoo it, so does anyone know if I get rid of it can I then tattoo the fecker?

I have a similar problem, have a birthmark in my mid lower back, just where I'd like to get a tattoo. Don't think birthmarks can be removed though!

Re. mole removal - I have had a couple removed and they aren't too bad once healed - it depends on size etc. If it's very small, they will just "dig it out", but if anyway big, then they remove them by slicing either side of it and then stitching it up. The scar isn't too bad for either, but for a mole the size of this smiley :eek: you get about 4 stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ah right cheers. to be honest im not 100% sure if it is a mole or not. Its way smaller than that smiley. Its basically like the top of a bic pen. If all I need to do is dig it out ill just have a few cans some night and get the apple de-pipper thingmebob and a friend with a steady hand.

ah right cheers. to be honest im not 100% sure if it is a mole or not. Its way smaller than that smiley. Its basically like the top of a bic pen. If all I need to do is dig it out ill just have a few cans some night and get the apple de-pipper thingmebob and a friend with a steady hand.

Holy bejebus don't be doing things like that!! :eek:

I had one the size of a dot only it was really dark. That was the one the doc wanted to remove.. he said it was darker than any other freckles I had.. it wasn't raised or anything. The scar is tiny. Ickle white blob. Thing is, if inking over it - I'd imagine that scar tissue would react differently to normal skin, leaving a variance in the tattoo design.

What you could do is make a feature of it.. could be kinda class..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Seanybiker, I know it sounds like the very PC/safe response but nobody will be able to answer this apart from your doctor.

I know that I was always told to watch for bleeding from any moles I've had over the years and tbh you'd want to be pretty sure what you're dealing with before you tell someone to repeatedly stick a needle in it or *shudder* have a go yourself.

No point pushing on and getting half a tattoo before you (possibly) need medical attention!

jenga-jen wrote: »
    Seanybiker, I know it sounds like the very PC/safe response but nobody will be able to answer this apart from your doctor.

I know that I was always told to watch for bleeding from any moles I've had over the years and tbh you'd want to be pretty sure what you're dealing with before you tell someone to repeatedly stick a needle in it or *shudder* have a go yourself.

No point pushing on and getting half a tattoo before you (possibly) need medical attention!

I think he means can he tattoo over the area if he has it removed first. Not tattoo the actual mole.. meaning that the mole would be tested and then the area would have to be allowed to heal. Once healed, it is just scar tissue.

But yes, definitely don't go down the route of taking a jab at it yourself - not safe at all. Best see a doc and ask them to get rid for you. That gives you a nod that it is all above board and then tatt away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

ah yes the old digging a mole out with an apple depipper....a road we have all travelled down.....NOT!

jaysus...i dunno what to say to ya....except i smell a trip to accident and emergency

pippington wrote: »
    ah yes the old digging a mole out with an apple depipper....a road we have all travelled down.....NOT!

jaysus...i dunno what to say to ya....except i smell a trip to accident and emergency

not a fecking hope of getting me to a hospital. Places scare the bejaysus outta me. Even when Im visiting people I get freaked lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Jaysus - no. No to apple core mole removal! For many reasons, but, practically, moles tend to have "roots" and you have no idea where those are located. You could apple core a big hole in your neck and completely miss the pip of the mole!
    You don't necessarily have to go to hospital to get the mole removed - that kind of thing can often be done by a GP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

not a fecking hope of getting me to a hospital. Places scare the bejaysus outta me. Even when Im visiting people I get freaked lol.

But getting a friend to dig a bloody hole in you with an apple corer doesn't? :confused:
    Your GP should be able to freeze and remove the mole if you need it removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

hehe seany ur so funny...gettin everyone concerned ur gonna apple core ur head off...how random

• Advertisement

pippington wrote: »
    hehe seany ur so funny...gettin everyone concerned ur gonna apple core ur head off...how random
    bit strange alright. Nearly got rid of it a while back. Shaving me head and it got caught in the razor. Almost crapped meself lol

Advertisement